Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BO and spearmint

I just read recently that spearmint is estrogenic in addition to its anti-androgenic properties. Would it be problematic to take it with BB? I've read on here that people taking BO should try to avoid estrogenic herbs/food. Has anyone had any successes/failures combining BO with spearmint?

(27-01-2014, 11:23 PM)prettylily Wrote:  I just read recently that spearmint is estrogenic in addition to its anti-androgenic properties. Would it be problematic to take it with BB? I've read on here that people taking BO should try to avoid estrogenic herbs/food. Has anyone had any successes/failures combining BO with spearmint?

Bovine ovaries - Also estrogenic, and I think pro-aromatase, as well as 5-AR inhibiting.

Breasts grow with a mixture of estrogen and growth hormone. This happens naturally, because your body reacts to estrogens by releasing growth hormone, but I'm thinking you could add supplement to this. Or that estrogen acts as the growth hormone. Bovine ovaries causes a whole cascade of estrogens and growth hormone release, which is why it seems like it is so effective.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15466938

Lily- I've researched and found the same results, I don't really use spearmint that much, maybe on my off days. Same with SP, but when I suggest this it upsets the flow. Jutst my opinion though! Rolleyes

You wouldn't recommend adding the spearmint, then? That's disappointing since I already bought it. Sad I think I might try taking it once or twice a week to see what happens.

Thank you for the article and your response!

I would say your ok, I only found the one Turkish study that was done years ago that every article is based on (mostly).

The study concluded that the duration wasn't long enough!, and a much longer study was proposed, lol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19585478

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon