Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hannah14's Diary

(27-07-2015, 03:07 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Ok Hannah. Spoke to naturopath. She said lemon water good. No mention of bitters. She doesn't "think" fenugreek is estrogenic in nature and it was listed as an appetite stimulant blood sugar etc in her manuals. But I think we go with out gut on FG.

but fenu does have estrogenic properties! it's like a less potent version of PM. :/

(27-07-2015, 06:02 AM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(27-07-2015, 03:07 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Ok Hannah. Spoke to naturopath. She said lemon water good. No mention of bitters. She doesn't "think" fenugreek is estrogenic in nature and it was listed as an appetite stimulant blood sugar etc in her manuals. But I think we go with out gut on FG.

but fenu does have estrogenic properties! it's like a less potent version of PM. :/

Yeh it has me confused BUT she's a registered naturopath and herbalist .. So who do we believe.. Internet or qualified herbalists, to be fair she didn't really know a lot about fenugreek so I think we go with our guts. I think it very well may be estrogen it in nature but maybe not that strong??.. But I also believe one person posted about harem girls being fed fenugreek to make them buxom and 40millin other sites copied that information, funny how though " they were FED fenugreek to make them more buxom" meaning ALL OVER weight gain so hips butts and boobs, folks in line with fenugreek being an appetite stimulant, maybe that's how fenugreek got its reputation for boobs?? It surely hasn't given me bigger boobs or many others I have seen on here. Buggered if I bloody know.. Lol

Ps my other naturopath said she consumed very high doses of fenugreek. Either way my gut says don't take it too much of fenugreek or anything for that matter.

When I asked her what falls into "phytoestrogens" category she said soy and black cohosh but not FG.

Either way we take our own health into our hands with all this stuff. Can't really rely on docs as we know or natural health practiyioners unless they are highly qualified. Both said to me though " don't take too many supplements" - my biggest downfall Sad

SORRY HANNAH! Bombing your thread but we were pm'img about fenugreek anyway.
Lotus is /was right. Only thing is in wiki it says diosgenin is extracted from the tubers of wild yam and the unmodified version has estrogen in activity but it doesn't mention fenugreek in the definition of diosgenin. Does that mean that it's much lower in fenugreek to the point of being redundant?
Where are you L?

(27-07-2015, 06:13 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Yeh it has me confused BUT she's a registered naturopath and herbalist .. So who do we believe.. Internet or qualified herbalists, to be fair she didn't really know a lot about fenugreek so I think we go with our guts. I think it very well may be estrogen it in nature but maybe not that strong??.. But I also believe one person posted about harem girls being fed fenugreek to make them buxom and 40millin other sites copied that information, funny how though " they were FED fenugreek to make them more buxom" meaning ALL OVER weight gain so hips butts and boobs, folks in line with fenugreek being an appetite stimulant, maybe that's how fenugreek got its reputation for boobs?? It surely hasn't given me bigger boobs or many others I have seen on here. Buggered if I bloody know.. Lol

I dont think fenugreek has a lot of estrogen capacities when I'm going purely on my gut feeling. And if so(IMO) the estrogen activity in it is very low. I think its more a prolactin..When I take the fenu, I dont feel like I do with any other phyto-estrogenic herb. It does not influence my mood it so far did not affect my cycle. It did make my milkducts more ''tangible''.
And yes I'd rather go by the opinion of your naturopath then the internet, They are al copying each other, then you think hey thats good information and then you google on and then youfind the exact same information with the exact same words.. Its just like the library sometimes..Just one piece of information with one author you have to trust on. Then I'd rather trust somebody whose taking a lot of it(your naturopath)

(27-07-2015, 09:20 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  

I dont think fenugreek has a lot of estrogen capacities when I'm going purely on my gut feeling. And if so(IMO) the estrogen activity in it is very low. I think its more a prolactin..When I take the fenu, I dont feel like I do with any other phyto-estrogenic herb. It does not influence my mood it so far did not affect my cycle. It did make my milkducts more ''tangible''.
And yes I'd rather go by the opinion of your naturopath then the internet, They are al copying each other, then you think hey thats good information and then you google on and then youfind the exact same information with the exact same words.. Its just like the library sometimes..Just one piece of information with one author you have to trust on. Then I'd rather trust somebody whose taking a lot of it(your naturopath)

Couldn't have Saud it better myself Hannah. Completely agree with you. Your a smart chick.

(27-07-2015, 09:46 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(27-07-2015, 09:20 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  

Couldn't have Saud it better myself Hannah. Completely agree with you. Your a smart chick.

Thank you Ella!!Smile

'' Prolactin is secreted during the first few days of the menstrual cycle, with noticeable changes in the breast tissue as a result of prolactin noticeable the first few days of menstruation. ''

Therefore I think i should take fenugreek on day 2-8 then I'll take hops-liqourice and luteal phase I go with Pc-cream.

So I've been sitting down looking at the menstrual cycle graph.. Should have done this waay before but alright here are some notes for myself about my new program.

Day 1-7 Fenugreek
Day 5- 14 PM
Day 14 or 15 until day .. PC cream I have to take a look at some things about this one later.

Additional supplements I already take(might cut back on some of them)
Multivitamins-Vitamin D-Coconutoil-Spearmint tea- Fennel tea- Liqourice tea-msm- l-arginine- protein shakes-quercitin with resvratol for pain,stress, anti-inflammatory.

(29-07-2015, 04:41 AM)hannah14 Wrote:  So I've been sitting down looking at the menstrual cycle graph.. Should have done this waay before but alright here are some notes for myself about my new program.

Day 1-7 Fenugreek
Day 5- 14 PM
Day 14 or 15 until day .. PC cream I have to take a look at some things about this one later.

Additional supplements I already take(might cut back on some of them)
Multivitamins-Vitamin D-Coconutoil-Spearmint tea- Fennel tea- Liqourice tea-msm- l-arginine- protein shakes-quercitin with resvratol for pain,stress, anti-inflammatory.
-------------------------------------------------------
Be careful with PM.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon