Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

body temperature

Taken by mouth the temp is suppose to be what it shows.
Taken under the armpit, you should add 1 degree to the results.

I think that you should add 0.5 degree C to the temperature when taken via mouth.The most accurate one is the one taken rectally.That would be the exact temperature.

I can only go by what the doctors say when taking the temp on what to add or subtract, though when I say by mouth, I'm talking basal temp, which requires you to take it for 10 minutes to get the true results. When going to any type of fertility doctor this is the method they will have you use in order to get your BBT to watch your cycles. The basal temp is also the temp you are looking for when doing nbe because it not only tells you what your body is doing with your cycles, but also what your metabolism and thyroid are doing.

So basically you can take your temp with the regular digitals, but 10 seconds isn't going to give you a true reading. They do make digitals that will keep taking the temp as long as you want. Luckily they are usually the really cheap ones, since they don't have an alarm or such to tell you when the reading is done.

Mel

To make things more confusing... it also matters where in your mouth you take your temperature... I bought a thermometer and in the instructions it said that the temperature varies if you take it under the tongue (its about a degree lower) that if you take it on a "heat pocket" which are next to the tongue in the back of the mouth... my readings were 97.7 (under the tongue) and 98.4 (on the heat pocket) and 98.1 and 98.3 using the method described below from WebMD... Which makes a big difference.. which one should I believe?! Huh I just started taking UB and I'm debating if I should wait until I all my different temps are above 98.2 using kelp...

-------How to take an oral temperature---------
Oral is the most common method of taking a temperature. Place the digital or disposable thermometer under the tongue, just to one side of the center, and close the lips tightly around it.

A rectal or ear (tympanic membrane) temperature reading is 0.5 to 1°F (0.3 to 0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature reading. A temperature taken in the armpit is 0.5 to 1°F (0.3 to 0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature reading.

Also, do you guys know why BB recommends taking the pills on an empty stomach and UB says to take it with food?!? Huh

My gosh hopeful31, you are confusing yourself too much. LOL! I don't blame you because I was once like that when I started. I am not sure which temperature I should believe and what thermometer I should use. I experiment with digital and mercury. The difference in the temperature further confuses me. According to my doctor the digital thermometer are generally lower because of the calibration in it. And yes different body part has different temperature and nobody tell us which part of the body exactly that we should take our temperature to indicate our liver is on its optimum level.

Since UB don't come with any kelp in it I would add kelp to it if I were you. It has a lot of benefit in it too straighten the functionality of our thyroid gland. Kelp supplement comes very cheap too and you just need one a day. Another supplement that you must consider is L-Tyrosine. It also helps you with the temperature too and has other benefit in it. If you don't like swallowing too many pills perhaps you could get a protein powder that comes with L-Tyrosine. It is actually a type of amino acid anyway.

Happy growing!

I'm sooo sorry I didn't mean to confuse anybody with my rambling Blush Maybe I should relax a bit and see if it works with the temperature just the way it is Smile

hey guys, i just recently started on BO like this past Monday however my temp has never gone over 98....ive been taking ltyrosine and kelp with no luck....i was thinking about taking ephedra but am scared of heart problems.

ive encountered another herbal supplement called RELAXX PLUS EXTACT
AKA JIAO WEI XIAO YAO WAN

heres a brief description....

Product name: Relaxx Plus Extract
(Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan)
Packing: one bottle contains 200 concentrated pills
Manufactured by Lanzhou Traditional Herbs, China

A traditional herbal supplement that helps maintain a healthy circulation by establishing body's natural balance.

Functions and indications:
Softens the liver and regulates qi, nourishes the blood and strengthens the spleen, clears stagnant heat and from the liver. Regulates the hormones that influence the menstrual cycle, relieves depression and emotional stress, cools the body. Used for liver qi stagnation with stagnant heat patterns. The key feature for the use of this formula, is the clear relationship between the initiation or aggravation of symptoms and the emotional state of the patient. Also widely used for menstrual disorders from qi stagnation with signs of heat. These include irregular menstruation, especially short cycles, menorrhagia or abnormal uterine bleeding and premenstrual syndrome dizziness or vertigo, migraine headaches, rashes, acne, red sore eyes, mouth ulcers and nonspecific vaginitis. Also used for premenstrual acne or rashes, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis. Also used for chronic sinus congestion and headaches that are worse with stress.

Ingredients:
Gardenia (fruit)
Tree peony (root bark)
Bai-zhu atractylodes (rhizome)
Chinese peony (root)
Poria (sclerotium)
Dong quai (root)
Bupleurum (root)
Ginger (fresh rhizome)
Chinese licorice (root)
Chinese mint (aboveground parts)

soo....what do you guys think...do you think it would help in raising temp since it helps with circulation?? thanks guysss gluck!

Taken under the armpit, you should add 1 degree to the results.

What a great thread. Thanks for the useful links to Dr Rind's website.

From looking at his site, I can see I have very unstable temperatures indicating adrenal fatigue. I am taking raw adrenals 2 per day, so I hope that will help. I will look into the B vitamins and other things he lists on that site.

It contains a great graph which shows you which part you are in based on how your temperature fluctuates and what temperature you are getting.

I have always had low body temp around 36 celsius (96.8) sometimes even 35 (95). My hand are always cold. My mother is the same way, but other than the low body temp, I really don't have the symptoms of hypothyroidism or adrenal fatigue maybe two or three If I really stretch it. Does this still mean I can't make BO work? 

I try to raise my temperature. I take kelp, eat protein and even consume coconut oil. We eat spicy food a few times a week and I go to sauna regularly, but still my temperature stays the same. Does this still mean I have thyroid problem.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon