Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Sewing again

I decided I had to repair some cloths so I got my sewing machine out but the electronic motor control broke. So I looked at the online classifieds for a cheap second hand machine. I got a great one really cheap, and got to repairs. BUT......
Why I was looking I couldnt help but Notice all the old vintage machines. It seems no one wants them and they are quite cheap.

My first sewing machine was one I got for free in the 90's that needed lots of TLC I lovingly cleaned and restored used it then passed it on to a friend when I moved. I really appreciated the way it was built, and nothing I have since had equals my affection for it.

Anyhow after the frustration of two engine troubles I kept thinking of the old singer treadle machine I had seen online and thought it would be a great backup machine (no electrics to sizzle). To cut a long story short I put a ridiculously cheap offer in on it; at the same time I also saw a vintage Necchi machine so I put a silly cheap offer on that too.

a couple of days later they both accepted my offer at the same time. So I felt obliged to honour the offers and ended up with the 2 Smile.

the singer is a 201P in top condition but needing tension and adjustment sorted out a good oil and internal clean. It is now sewing very well and my Girlfriend already has supplied me with a job for it! Smile
The Necchi had locked up from lack of use and oil drying out (which is why I got it so cheap) I pulled it apart, freed it up, oiled it, cleaned out the motor, checked the brushes and put a new belt on it. Now it runs like a dream. havnt set it up to sew yet. but will this week I hope.

I also have a overlocker that I never learnt how to use. But this time I am going too!!!
I want to learn how to sew properly and proficiently so I need to find a craft group or something to help me as I cant afford lessons.

I am really loving my vintage machines and am struggling to not get another one LOL

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Sewing again - by giggygig - 05-07-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Sewing again - by Happyme - 05-07-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: Sewing again - by giggygig - 06-07-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: Sewing again - by Tanya Marie Squirrel - 06-07-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Sewing again - by giggygig - 11-07-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: Sewing again - by giggygig - 15-07-2016, 06:49 AM
RE: Sewing again - by giggygig - 15-07-2016, 06:57 AM