Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mochaccino's PM program

No. I got a growth spurt by doing a topical otc PC a week earlier than suggested and I am going to try it with the E gel and Possibly P gel.

This is my first run with the bio identicals and I have just raised my BO dose to 3x what it was as I was taking a rather low dose. I needed to titrate up and I will be a month and 15 days on BO.

I noticed the tops are a tad filling and the areolas have stayed a bit darker.

I thought about it and realized that estrogen alone can't suppress ovulation. Only progesterone can suppress ovulation. Now I'm even more confused about why some women can take PM for 3 weeks per cycle with no issues, and others can't.

If only progesterone can suppress ovulation, why do most birth control pills have both E and P? I know there are BC's than only contain a progestin, like the depo shot, but then why do combo BC's even exist? I know this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with BE, but I feel like I'm missing a key piece of info.

(08-10-2012, 08:52 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  If only progesterone can suppress ovulation, why do most birth control pills have both E and P? I know there are BC's than only contain a progestin, like the depo shot, but then why do combo BC's even exist? I know this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with BE, but I feel like I'm missing a key piece of info.

I'll admit I don't really understand BC, but my best guess would be that in some cases, progestin-only caused too many problems and they found that by balancing the E, the problems lessened.

Keep in mind that synthetic progestins are often tens to hundreds of times more competitive AND volatile than natural progesterone... If you don't balance that, just think of the problems that could be had if your body fails to do it for you.

(08-10-2012, 08:52 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  I thought about it and realized that estrogen alone can't suppress ovulation. Only progesterone can suppress ovulation. Now I'm even more confused about why some women can take PM for 3 weeks per cycle with no issues, and others can't.

If only progesterone can suppress ovulation, why do most birth control pills have both E and P? I know there are BC's than only contain a progestin, like the depo shot, but then why do combo BC's even exist? I know this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with BE, but I feel like I'm missing a key piece of info.

Hmmm. I have experienced the opposite with pc/ Pm. I can stop my mense cycle with PM and bring it on with PC. Not much experience w/ BC but I am wondering why this is for some and not others.

Tibetan, you are definitely not the first person to say so. I was confused because I read something a doctor wrote that said estrogen alone can't suppress ovulation, but I don't think he's an endocrinologist. Even the smartest doctors can make stupid remarks when they try to reach outside of their specialty. His assumption must have been based on the fact that there are no estrogen-only BC's, but that's only because of the serious estrogen dominance issues it might cause.

(09-10-2012, 10:32 AM)mochaccino Wrote:  His assumption must have been based on the fact that there are no estrogen-only BC's, but that's only because of the serious estrogen dominance issues it might cause.

Probably... Honestly, if both can suppress ovulation equally well, then I honestly don't think progestin-only should exist either, or at least be prescribed in any case except where the woman using it is already estrogen dominant. (And honestly, I REALLY wish they'd stop using progestins altogether and start tossing some real progesterone in the combined method!!)

Though we maybe ought to best just be being prescribed estradiol and/or pc for bc, in whatever individual doses would be safest for US.

I don't think enough doctors really care enough, and we all know the bcp mfg's don't actually care.

I haven't been getting any pains of any kind since the start of this cycle. The pains from the Ro-bust have stopped. I can't believe how short lived that was. I think I was sensitized by the PC, but it's hard to say for sure.
Ginie reported that after a week of PC her response to PM was enhanced during the next cycle. I wonder why I'm not experiencing that. I'm also not experiencing any signs of estrogen dominance, and I doubt that it's because of the PC since I'm not taking it at the same time as the PM pills.

I forgot to say that I've been taking wild oat extract, and fish oil to lower my SHBG. I'm still finding it hard to make a firm decision about whether to keep drinking goat's rue tea. I've been taking a break from it for several weeks to decide. I also still have mint tea that I've stopped drinking. I guess I could start drinking both again and see if anything happens. I'm worried that my E, P, and T production is already suppressed by the PM and PC, and I think that the prolactin from GR and antiandrogens from mint might lower those levels even more. Then again, I'm not sure if slightly elevated prolactin really lowers the production of E and P. Maybe I would have to have full-on hyperprolactinemia in order for that to be an issue. I should look into it.

I'm also going to be looking into the possibility of biodentical BC. I'm not really interested in homemade birth control, but I am wondering whether it's possible to raise both E and P safely for long periods while suppressing ovulation. I've tried looking it up, but all I ever find are posts about how to take bioidenticals while using traditional BC. If anyone is aware of any article or study explaining a possible method for bioidentical BC, please post a link. More importantly, is it really possible to prevent massive down regulation in that case, and how would I go about it? I wonder how the body really compensates for "excess" hormones, and how does it keep track. Is it possible to reset your body's baseline at a higher level, or is it genetically predetermined? I have a lot to think about and research Huh

Mochaccino... What is the context of the quote in your signature? That women who want to be equal to men lack ambition... I'd like to know the context, and what he meant by that. As of now, it makes absolutely no sense.

(13-10-2012, 02:29 AM)Suspiria Wrote:  Mochaccino... What is the context of the quote in your signature? That women who want to be equal to men lack ambition... I'd like to know the context, and what he meant by that. As of now, it makes absolutely no sense.

IDK what the original quote means, but to me it's just a man admitting the truth that women are better than men already Big Grin

JK.

It would be interesting... I've never really even paid attention to it before.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon