Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Does the time really matter

Does it really matter
September 9 2007 at 2:57 AM Alan (Login braslip)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it really matter when you take you herbal pills? I see 1/2 hour before meals or 3 hours after meals, does it really matter?

Author Reply
Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: Does it really matter September 9 2007, 4:12 AM

Uhm....Ive not seen any of my herbs that stipulate certain times except mostly for, "take with meals"
Some herbs or other supplements are better assimilated when taken on an empty stomach.Some need to be digested with other things so they do not cause any stomach problems.
The idea is that some foods bind the chemicals in the herbs/supplements,and prevent them from being absorbed.

I havent compiled a index of each particular item's preference.

Usually,a company will cite the preferable times to take them.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Does it really matter September 9 2007, 4:57 PM

I've been told 1/2 hour before or 2 hours after (I use wonderup which doesn't specify), however Eve who runs the forum used dried herbs not capsules and she put them in mashed potato or yoghurt to eat them and got a great result so I don't know that it makes much difference.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: Does it really matter September 10 2007, 5:21 PM

Someone on this Forum had mentioned that taking your pills before bed time is good, because it's during sleep that the body repairs its self. That sounds resonable to me.
I take mine in the morning before breakfast and in the evening before bed time.

Fennel
(no login) Re: Does it really matter September 10 2007, 6:16 PM

I too take my pills before breakfast and before bedtime.

When do you take your pills?
June 14 2007 at 3:19 PM
Blu-Jay (Login Blu-Jay)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've read so many articles about when it's the best times to take your pills. I usually take mine at random times. eg: In the morning,any time between 8am & 10:30am and I'm not sure if it matters if I take them with a meal,after a meal or before a meal. Is that wrong? Does it matter? In the evening I take my pills between 9pm & 11:30pm. I can't pin point any real rule of thumb about this. Are there any best times to take your pills to get the maximum effect from them?
What do you guys think?

Author Reply

Alien Sheep
(Login moonstruck61) Re: When do you take your pills? June 14 2007, 4:48 PM

I try to space mine out evenly (never works out that way though).
I take mine when I get up, about 8 hours later then again about 8 hours later which is usually about an hour or two before bed.

Can say that that's the best way to do it but I guess it works for me for now.

Fennel
(no login) Re: When do you take your pills? June 14 2007, 5:57 PM

I only take 3 pills a day LOL!

I take one in the morning and two in the evening.

It is during the night, when the body is at rest, that most of the repairing, growing and changing occurs so I take more in the evening than in the morning.

Some say that taking pills on an empty stomach lets the pills have more effect since nothing else gets absorbed at the same time. Others say that the body absorbs the pills easier if they are digested together with food. I don't know who is right. I take bovine ovary and even there no one knows. DNE says to take pills with food and Bountiful Breast says to take them with water on an empty stomach.

Blu-Jay
(Login Blu-Jay) Re: When do you take your pills? June 14 2007, 6:19 PM

Thanks for your input. I guess there's no real of thumb if you should take them with,after or before meals. It must be whatever works for you and your body! I do take more of my pills later at night or before bedtime. In the mornings I take them either before breakfast,with breakfast and after breakfast, as you can tell I don't have a real methode to my madness.

Jim Gulyas
(Login oceanfish)
SENIOR MEMBER When is the best time to take your breast pills ? June 18 2008, 2:01 AM

There really is not a " SET " time to take your pills, but I've found that I have gotten good results

taking mine: one; first thing in the morning, two at lunch time, and one before dinner, at night,

the progesterones in your body get a chance to help your breasts grow naturally.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon