Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARIES

SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARIES
January 9 2010 at 10:56 PM Missismall (Login missispo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been doing some research on Bovine Ovaries as I want to buy bountiful breasts. I am 17 but on certain websites it says that it can risk fertility (I intend to have babies!!) alone with cancer of the uterus-which is V.scary. So has anyone who HAS BEEN on bountiful breasts on any product that contain Bovine Ovaries or was CURRENTLY ON had a baby? it sounds very odd!lol but these a very worrying issue for me.

any put will be HIGHLY appreciated

Author Reply
Anynomous
(no login) My bad experience with bovine ovary August 5 2011, 4:00 PM

I took bovine ovary 1,750 mg (7 pills) a day for one month, plus one kelp and one pituitary glandular for one month. After a couple weeks, I broke out in acne badly, so I bought the lamb placenta and started taking that also. I started having massive health problems, so I stopped taking the pills abruptly and the health problems got even worse. I still have some of those health problems now 5 months later. I had endometriosis years ago as a teenager, but it had gone into remission for about eight years. When I got on the bovine ovary, it came back with a vengence. I had also had arthritis which had gone into remission, and this came back in full force as well. The endometriosis is mostly back in remission, but the arthritis is still very bad. (I had to eat a very careful, restricted diet to get the endometriosis into remission.) In retrospect, I would not have stopped the pills abruptly. I think that made things worse. I would have weaned off them. Oh--and the other horrible side effect was that I gained almost 5 pounds that I cannot lose. I have been able to keep a weight that I love for years, and now I am heavier than what I like. For me, I think the bovine ovary triggered the hormones that made me hungry all the time. I was so hungry when I was taking it. But with all that, I do think my boobs are slightly bigger than before I ever took the Bovine ovary. So I think it works. My body just could not handle the hormonal changes.

BO side effects
August 28 2007 at 4:32 PM Snowflake (Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Girls, been trying to read your forum whenever I get a chance. Still seriously concidering BO as I have learned here that I can get Bo from the DNE company so cheap. Anyone here from Canada getting BO from DNE? Also would really like to know how everyone's moods are on BO. Herbs tend to make me PMS all the time. And because I think I am going through the 40 THING I am bitchy all the time for the last few months. So really wanting to know how the BO has affected everyone's state of mind. This may be an issue for me, hard to say yet until I try it. The possible weight gain and pimples wouldn't be nice either, however that would be await and see too. Anyway girls, I truly welcome everyone's experiences and advice, I want to hear it all, so when you get a chance drop this post a line. Thanks and take care.

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Untitled August 28 2007, 6:30 PM

My mood is the same as before, but then again I never get PMS. Probably because I am on BCP. The acne thing is not usually a concern for us who are around 40, it mainly affects those who are still in their twenties or early thirties. I have not gained any weight as a result of taking Bovine Ovary.

If herbs didn't work well for you, then perhaps BO is worth a shot. As you pointed out, DNE is very affordable too as opposed to some other brands.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Untitled August 28 2007, 6:50 PM

Hey thanks Fennel! Your results and lack of side effects are impressive. Hope I can be so lucky if I take BO. Take Care!

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Untitled August 28 2007, 7:03 PM

Hi! i'm in my mid 20s and i did not get any results with BO. i did get acne and a yeast infection. no weight gain, but it was preventing me from loosing any. when i stopped BO the weight melted off. it did not make me moodier either. i mentioned this in an earlier post that since ive been trying other methods i have noticed that the gals on the other boards seem a bit "moody", and i found out i wasnt the only one noticing this. i have always had pleasant responses here on the BO bored. good luck to you if you decide to order! i hope everything works well! (.Y.)

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Untitled August 28 2007, 7:21 PM

Sorry Kitty, thats too bad BO didn't work for you. What are you going to do now? Also sorry if I was one of the women on the other board that snapped at you. Your right though I do think the herbs make us very unpleasant and yet one of the marketing ploys is great moods while on a formulation, I think another misconception on their part. I am not sure whats wrong with me lately, just very dissatisfied about everything, and dealing with empty nest syndrome too, and I just hate it. I hate feeling and being like this. Thats why I realy need info on moods and BO. Anyway thanks for the time and take care!

lindyrose
(Login lindyrose) Re: Untitled August 28 2007, 7:29 PM

I was on BO for 3-4mos and didn't gain any weight but was really bloated all the time. I did break out occasionally and I'm almost 40. Glad I'm not the only one with mood swings... I got mad at my husband because he wanted to put the grapes in the fridge haha how stupid was that to get mad over?? I thought he was trying to tell me in a polite way that I was fat and no food should be in my sight. A little irrational eh? Just a side note... I didn't gain any boobage on BO but I think it's because of my low temps so I'm not blaming the BO. Good luck!!

IttyB
(no login) Re: Untitled September 1 2007, 5:39 PM

Hey Snowflake,

I've been on BO since May 30 with a 1 month break inbetween, first month at 1500 mg, now at 1000 mg. It hasn't affected my moods whatsoever and has not caused any weight gain. Acne is another story! It's finally better now that I'm on BCP and Saw Palmetto as well, and it looks like it won't be a problem any more. I'm going to wait a little while longer before I go back up to 1500 mg just to see. I have had a small amount of growth so far and plenty of pains. I expect more growth when I'm on a higher dosage and stay on that consistently. Good luck to you!

IttyB

SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARY EXTRACTS
January 1 2008 at 9:50 PM AnnMarie (no login)

Bovine Ovary Extract - There are no published studies of the safety or effectiveness of bovine ovary extract in humans. Unlike the other herbs discussed here, websites selling the product say that bovine ovary extract stimulates the pituitary gland resulting in an increase in prolactin and growth hormone levels.

If this is true, there are potential risks. Prolactin is a hormone that rises almost ten-fold during pregnancy to stimulate breast development and milk formation. High levels of prolactin can cause infertility, irregular menstruation, reduced libido, and possibly increase the risk of stroke.

Growth hormone is needed to stimulate growth in children. High levels of growth hormone in adults who don't need it can cause the development of diabetes, abnormal growth of bones and internal organs such as the heart, kidneys, and liver, high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).

Bottom Line
Although it may seem like there is no harm in trying natural breast enlargement pills for one or two months to see if they'll work, we know far too little about the side effects and safety of these "miracle" pills.

Author Reply
Ann_marie
(no login) VISIT THE WEBSITE January 1 2008, 9:54 PM

VISIT For more information about the side effects the ingredients in some of the breast enlargement formulars

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/3/a/Herbal_Breast_2.htm

Black Sheep
(no login) Re: SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARY EXTRACTS January 1 2008, 11:10 PM

I read that it could cause overgrowth of your liver, spleen or other internal organs and only growing children need it for growth. I should have saved that link. But it freaked me out! That article wasn't even referring to adding in Raw Pituitary pills, they were speaking only of BO !!! My doctor said one should not change their hormones around like I am doing with the BO. He said I am putting myself at risk of stroke and blood clots. He said also that BP are low and controlled levels.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARY EXTRACTS January 2 2008, 7:52 AM

Herbs are of course a much safer option than bovine ovary, since most of the herbs used in natural breast enhancement have been extensively studied in modern medicine and their effects of humans has been well documented. Obviously bovine ovary does not have studies of this kind and its effects are not documented at all.

Dana
(no login) Herbs made me too tired! January 2 2008, 8:40 PM

Herbs made me so fatigued and tired. I felt winded walking up a flght of steps. Saw Palmetto increased the cellulite on my legs, and it started to appear on my front thigh! And I have muscular legs! BO may be unhealthy, but the hormones have made me feel good and stopped the craving to become pregnant. That must be a homonal mind set.

Black Sheep
(no login) Think for a minute about the "warning" January 5 2008, 7:26 PM

Folks used to eat all of the animal, including the tongue, tonsils, and brain. It's our society that has decided what part of the meat is acceptable. Look at how many drop dead of cancer these days... Is there any relationship between the two? Just because they occur at the same time?

In India, one of the primary medicines used is glandular therapy. They actually have been bottling and selling glandulars for decades to successfully treat thyroid, pituitary, ovary, testicular, adrenal, etc, etc deficiencies.

There is nothing that proves herbal safety.
There is nothing that proves glandular safety.
There is nothing that proves either choice is harmful, if taken in moderation.

Common sense is warranted here. People take tylenol and think nothing of it. Tylenol has an enormous death overdose rate in the USA - a "medically educated" society. People take anti-depressants, heart meds, blood pressure meds, tummy acid reducers, cholesterol meds, sleep meds, and on and on and think nothing of it - all of which have proven negative side-effects, some even lethal.

I'm not advocating either choice, but want to point out that no one has proven anything - yet. Each person takes chances with whatever they take into their bodies. One thing is for certain. Taking Premarin and man-made progesterone to boost declining hormone levels DOES have negative long term effects. For those seeking to feel better, without taking man-made chemicals into their bodies that have known adverse long term affects, this appears to be a different route that just might be better in the long run.

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARY EXTRACTS January 7 2008, 2:42 PM

Wow black sheep. You really put things into perspective. Thank you, very well said!

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: SIDE EFFECTS OF BOVINE OVARY EXTRACTS January 8 2008, 10:45 PM

Why would there be "growth hormone" in ovaries?

new on board! ??? question bout designer protein
December 9 2007 at 7:11 PM anna (Login anna33)

hi gal

i,ve just order my BB 2day....

i've almost done wit my 3rd bot of WU, had some heavinessness but not sure if it water retention.

i wanted to switched coz i drink coffee n i'm a smoker n i'm skinny too@99 lbs n 5"2.

So my question is anybody on DESIGNER WHEY, how's the taste n which flavour taste better?

yhanks

Author Reply
gokhil
(no login) Re: new on board! ??? question bout designer protein December 11 2007, 10:07 AM

how is designer whey different to any other whey?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: new on board! ??? question bout designer protein December 11 2007, 11:05 AM

hello,
Personally i have tried optimum nutrition.it tastes good and has 24 g per shake.Do a search on the foum i think it was mentioned before.Is it the one recommended by BB? I don't know but i think the designer is the one that doesn't taste good.I forgot really i am not sure.But it was mentioned here.

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Designer Whey December 11 2007, 8:39 PM

I purchased the brand "Designer Whey" from Trader Joe's; both are good--the chocolate and the vanilla. It has more whey peptides they added back into the whey, because they list that right above the amino acid list on the label.

anna
(Login anna33) Re: new on board! ??? question bout designer protein December 14 2007, 2:02 PM

hi,

thanks you sandy n pearl for responding.

i've bought the optimum nutrition...hav't taste it yet, still waiting for my BB to arrive but the gal from GNC told me so far there no complain about the taste.....

Does BO cause infertility?
August 1 2007 at 9:04 AM Lost Sheep (no login)

Does BO cause infertility? I read that somewhere on someones program page that they were worried about that, so they stopped taking it. I would HATE to take something that would hinder my ability to have kids!! Thatd be AWFUL.

Author Reply
Christine
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? August 1 2007, 9:42 AM

It's said in medical circles that estrogen therapy can lead to infertility later in life, and I think some studies show this, so since BO provides unopposed estrogen you would have to say that there is a risk there.

Edit Message Delete Message

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? August 1 2007, 6:57 PM

WOW! Thats crazy..I dont think I want to do that..just to get boobs. :o/

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Don't know about that... August 1 2007, 8:51 PM

During each pregnancy a woman goes through, her estrogen levels skyrocket to a level that is impossible to reach with estrogen therapy, BO or phytoestrogens... And even so, she is able to get pregnant again, and again, and again...

I don't buy that argument.
But then again I don't care. I've had two kids already.

Lorelii
(Login Lorelii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Does BO cause infertility? August 2 2007, 1:49 PM

This is the only thing that stops me from doing BO. I'm only 21 and definitely want to have kids.
I hope you're right fennel fairy :-(

Lorelii
(Login Lorelii)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Does BO cause infertility? August 2 2007, 1:52 PM

This is the only thing that stops me from doing BO. I'm only 21 and definitely want to have kids.
I hope you're right fennel fairy :-(

CindyG
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? August 10 2007, 11:41 AM

Well then, wouldn't birth control pills cause infertility too later on?

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: Does BO cause infertility? August 10 2007, 8:11 PM

Contraceptive pills have a low and controlled amount of estrogen. And some contraceptive pills don't have ANY estrogen in them.

Small stray cat
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? October 29 2007, 7:43 AM

If you took ovary for a short period of time it's hardly likely to cause any long term infertility.

Wonderpuff
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? November 3 2007, 11:52 PM

I was just reading some articles on the usage and safety of glandular therapy, with applies to both BO and PO. I actually found something on The Analyst listing female infertility as a problem likely to be helped by glandular therapy. There hasn't been a ton of testing, but you can do some online searches if you're worried about the safety of this. But it seems to me that if it's supposed to help infertility in women it's not likely to cause it.

gohkil
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? November 12 2007, 7:46 AM

i think this could cause infertility for sure but only short term. i don't believe there is any long term risk.

Snowflake
(no login) Re: Does BO cause infertility? December 4 2007, 2:20 PM

I don't agree it would cause infertility, first off, it is a natural hormone and the body can process it alot better than the synthetic BCP. And second, it is common practise to take red clover to boost fertility for those having trouble getting pregnant because it ups your hormone levels. Check into fertility drugs for women having trouble getting pregnant and you would get a better idea of how hormones work.

Vaginal Odor?
July 17 2007 at 2:50 AM Lost Sheep (no login)

Has anyone else experienced an increase in vaginal odor and/or moisture since being on BO? I don't mean like really stinky odor like disease, but normal and stronger.

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Vaginal Odor? July 18 2007, 10:52 PM

Yes I did experience that in the begining. But like you said not a stinky odor. Just a bit stronger. After a month the "odor" was gone.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40) Re: Vaginal Odor? July 22 2007, 4:52 PM

Now that you mention it, I never noticed an odor but for a few weeks right after I started taking BO I kept feeling like I had a yeast infection starting to brew that didn't respond to Monistat, but then it stopped bothering me. My period was a bit weird right about the same time too, I wonder if it was related to starting the BO? Things are fine now, maybe for some of us getting used to the hormones makes weird things happen at first?

Tesa
(Login Tesanta)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Vaginal Odor? September 6 2007, 7:55 PM

I was really glad to read this post as I have noticed the same thing, both an odor and feeling like I am beginning to get a yeast infection. I do hope it clears up. Anyone else notice this?

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Vaginal Odor? September 10 2007, 10:54 PM

FYI - I did eventually end up with a yeast infection.

Joanna
(no login) Re: Vaginal Odor? November 8 2007, 8:14 AM

Since taking BO I have ended up with a yeast infection too. I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

lucyjuicy
(Login lucyjuicy) Re: Vaginal Odor? November 9 2007, 1:34 AM

Would there be anyway to prevent this yeast infection caused by BO?

Snowflake
(no login) Re: Vaginal Odor? November 9 2007, 11:48 AM

I would try taking extra vitiamin C. Raises the alkaline or PH of your system, should inhibit yeast growth.

myjourney
(Login Myjourney) re yeast infection November 9 2007, 2:09 PM

Up your acidopholis intake. Acidopholis is the "good bacteria" that is missing to keep the natural yeast in our bodies in check. Also watch your sugar intake. Switch from surgar in your tea or coffee to Xylitol. The yeast thinks Xylitol is sugar and eats it, but the Xylitol actually kills the yeast.

maria
(no login) Re: Vaginal Odor? December 3 2007, 2:58 AM

like said up your acidophilus intake. yeast infection means you have too much candida in your system. this can happen because youre eating foods high in sugar and from antibiotics which is somehow correlated to BO since they feed cattle all kinds of stuff.

sheep
(no login) natural remedy February 20 2008, 1:38 AM

Use 2 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide to a cup of water and douche it or take a turkey baster and keep filling and rinsing up their until the cup is gone .Best natural remedy.
U can also take 2 tbsp of raw apple cider venigar to 1 cup of water and drink that twice a day maybe with some honey like a tbsp to taste and will help internally for that and alot of other ailments.
I heard u can douche the acv but i tried and it didnt work ,only did it twicw maybe it takes a weak but the peroxide works.
Was reading thru posts and had to tell the secret cure that really works for yeast,but if its a bad one wait one day and repeat on day 3 and its a sure cure naturally/
Hope that helps
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon