Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Fenugreek cause weight gain??

Fenugreek cause weight gain??
January 24 2009 at 2:42 PM Corinsa Hansen (Login Corinsa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there ladies! I read in a post that Fenugreek caused weight gain, and I hadn't read that anywhere before. I did a search in all of the forums, and couldn't find where it said that anywhere else. Is this true, does fenugreek cause weight gain? If so, what can be taken in its place that won't make me gain any additional weight?

Author Reply
dory
(Login Dory505) Re: Fenugreek cause weight gain?? January 24 2009, 4:33 PM

I'm not sure about this. i havent read anywhere in the site the Fenugreek causes Weight Gain. i'm taking fenugreek now it's been 2 weeks and i havent gain more than 1 lb probebly it's just temporary blowting. ps: Women in the Middle East do Use drink fenugreek after meals for the purpose of gaining weight.

Edit Message Delete Message

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fenugreek cause weight gain?? January 24 2009, 6:05 PM

I've heard of a few cases where people seemed to gain weight from many or most herbs used in NBE, so I think in rare cases FG could cause weight gain, otherwise FG is not notorious for weight gain, that would be saw palmetto.

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fenugreek cause weight gain?? January 25 2009, 4:18 PM

Thanks ladies, I was a little worried. I knew that SP was notorious for causing weight gain and cellulite, which is why I am going to replace it with Nettle Root in my program instead. I don't need any more cellulite, or weight gain in this process, so I am hoping that doesn't happen. I am starting my program on February 1st, and I would love to hear opinions from some senior members. I posted it in the personal program pages if you care to take a look. Thanks again!

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fenugreek cause weight gain?? January 25 2009, 6:18 PM

Hey there, I'm new but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I have been taking Fenugreek daily for 2 and a half months and I haven't gained a single pound. In fact, sadly, not a dang thing about my body has changed!

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fenugreek cause weight gain?? January 26 2009, 1:50 PM

LaReve, thanks for the info, that makes me feel much better. I know that herbs will effect everybody differently, but I am glad you let me know you haven't gained any weight from it. Now hopefully I won't! And stick with the program, don't give up! Some woman say they start experiencing small growth around three months, but a lot don't have any major growth until month 5 or 6. Good luck!

hope
(no login) YES! FENUGREEK DOES CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN! August 7 2011, 4:34 AM

So i know this forum isnt about taking fenugreek to breastfeed and i know this forum is old but i thought i'd put my 2 cents in. i have been taking fenugreek for 8 months to breastfeed and i have gained 9 pounds since giving birth (my baby is 8 months). and i know that its from the fenugreek cuz this isnt my first child and i always went back to my pre pregnancy weight by at least the 5th month. so just expect to gain weight from it. and also, you dont just "gain" weight from it. what it does is breaks down the food faster which in return makes you hungrier faster. and believe me, i didnt eat ALOT.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon