Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Is There Any Weight Gain on BO?

Is There Any Weight Gain on BO?
December 20 2006 at 8:02 AM LovelyAmanda (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ladies!

I know there has been a lot of success with BO and I was wondering if any of you on it have gained weight? I know this is a reocurring topic and question but I'm a little aprehensive about starting it since I don't know much about it. Plus, the listed ingredient is "beef or prok products." Emmie looks awesome and she doesn't seem to have any complaints, but if anyone has noticed any negative side effects please let me know so I know what to expect!

Happy growing everyone,
Amanda

Author Reply
Anonymous
(no login) Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? December 20 2006, 12:04 PM

I have been taking it for a little over a month, I had an initial weight gain of a few pounds, but I think it was the saw palmetto I was taking, not the BO. I think my body just needed to adjust, and I have since lost that bloat, and have lost a couple of additional lbs. So, for me, no weight gain. I am on a diet to begin with, so I eat pretty healthy and drink alot of water though.--Sissy

emmie
(Login emmiedee) thanks December 20 2006, 7:04 PM

thanks for the compliment...

i have gotten lazy so i have lost some tone, but i havent gained weight... and seriously, ive gotten lazy... any excuse to not go to the gym on a given night and score one for me...

your bovine ovary should be... bovine... cow (beef)... dont know why there would be pork...

good luck making your decision... it isnt an easy one to make!!

organic angel
(Login organic_angel) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? December 21 2006, 5:21 AM

From someone who has tried every nbe routine in exsistence, and gained weight on every routine (which I believe now was due to hormone imbalance), I'm taking generic BO now, along with some other add-ons, and for the first time, I'm not getting any weight gain.
Hormone imbalances have a big contributing factor to weight gain.

Good luck!

Boobie Love My Organic Beauties

Edit Message Delete Message

Daisy
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? December 21 2006, 7:27 PM

Some women have reported weight gain from taking bovine ovary, but how common it is I really couldn't say.

LovelyAmanda
(Login LovelyAmanda)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? January 18 2007, 5:19 AM

Hi everyone!

Thanks for responding to my question. When I posted it I couldn't figure out why it didn't appear on the page. And I just realized that I posted it here and I've been looking under the herbal forum!

Thanks again, and happy growing,
Amanda

Melinda
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 15 2007, 4:44 PM

Yes, I gained some boob growth but I also gained 25 lbs. I believe this is not unknown on BO, so I know I'm not the only one. But I emphasise that I did see some boob gain as well as the weight gain.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Gaining weight March 15 2007, 6:08 PM

Hi girls.I think the ones who are gaining weight are gaining it from the protein shakes,after all it is more calorie in the diet.I don't think BO alone increases weight.It's only a thought.

Buffeee
(Login Buffeeee) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 15 2007, 6:20 PM

I agree with Sandy. Adding calories is gonna getcha. Not that BE routines don't encourage weight gain in general... I stopped my calorie-restrictive diet and I'm eating more protein and less carbs, and have gained nothing in 7 weeks. No big belly like I had on herbs.

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 18 2007, 10:52 AM

I have definitely come across women who complained that bovine ovary caused them to gain weight. Proper protein shakes don't actually contain many calories - read the label and you'll see what I mean.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 18 2007, 1:19 PM

I haven't heard of anyone gaining weight, but that does not mean it hasn't happened. I have been dieting, and have lost weight on BB, so I don't think that BB is the contributing factor to weight gain. You have to consider the calories in the protein, and use it to replace something else that you might be eating that was unneccessary. I was mixing my protein with milk, and I gained a few pounds, but that was an extra 200+ calories a day. Now that I mix with water, I've recently started exercising again, and I've lost a few pounds. I don't contribute BO to any of my weight gain, but girl scout cookies....yes, and I promised myself that I'm done with them for the year.

kate
(Login BObabe) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 18 2007, 2:24 PM

Protein shakes upping daily calories could be a problem for some...I make sure my protein isolate shakes are under 120 cal/serving, and mix with milk (and often berries) which ups it to 200+ calories. BUT I have this instead of an afternoon snack, find it filling and gives energy, so I make sure it is not on top of what I would regularily consume. I am religious about my shakes and have not had a problem with gaining additional weight. Just can't lose that last 5-10 I had BEFORE starting all this! :0)
Good luck to you!

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 18 2007, 5:36 PM

I wondered if some of the weight gain is also from less exercise? When I first started NBE I cut down on exercising because I was afraid of losing any breast growth. I finally said I have to exercise like I normally do because I will be exercising once I complete herbs. I have not gained any weight since restarting my exercise program. Just a thought.

Judy
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 28 2007, 10:40 PM

I gained 25 lbs when I was taking BO. It couldn't have been anything to do with protien shakes, because I only took those instead of other food, so it must have been some effect from the BO.

Buffeee
(Login Buffeee)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 28 2007, 11:31 PM

Interesting, Judy. How long did you take BO?

Anonymous
(no login) Judy.... March 29 2007, 11:35 PM

Don't underestimate the effects of protein shakes. Just because you took that as a dietary supplement only as opposed to protein through real foods doesn't mean it wouldn't equal fat.
Protein shakes are ideally meant for those who exersice and/or bodybuild on a regular basis. Most of us are naturally thin, hence why I believe many are gaining weight, yet blaming it on the pills we're consuming.
Think about how much more fat is in protein shakes and all the calories that settle in your body because you may not be burning them off as most gymrats would.

Buffeee
(Login Buffeee)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 29 2007, 11:55 PM

Anonymous, forgive me but you seem misinformed. Fat in protein shakes?? Hardly. Mine has 1.5 grams. The majority of it is PROTEIN. And protein doesn't make you fat. Ugh. This is so not worth getting into today....

NursedFive
(Login scottl4) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 29 2007, 11:59 PM

Hi Y'all,

I also have a tad~bit to add in regards to the protein shakes. On the day's that I eat more food as well as the protein shakes, I feel more bloated as I make my shakes with milk(my own personal intake). However, on the days that I drink the shakes in the morning and perhaps eat very light... maybe fruit or yogurt I feel lighter.

Actually since on BO/BB I have actually gone down a few pounds so please watch your intake of these shakes with your meals. My best advice would be to either supplement a meal with a shake or either eat very light during the time of the day you consume your shake. Hope this helps as well.

Hope this helps,
NursedFive

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 30 2007, 12:12 AM

Are you mixing protein with milk or water? that's another issue.

NursedFive
(Login scottl4) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 30 2007, 12:42 AM

Hey,

Are you asking me or the one that started this thread. Just wondering since I did mention milk on my prior posting. I am doing this personally though. About 25% water and 75% whole mile per 25g of protein.

Okay Take Care,
NursedFive

Melissa
(Login mama2fiveboys) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 30 2007, 12:43 AM

I personally have not had any weight gain on BB pills even with the protein. I have been on them for about 10 months and have maintained my weight and gained about 2 inches going from a small 34 A to fitting into a 34 B. I mix my protein with milk, I can't imagine what it would taste like with water YUCK! I use 2% milk. I am very active keeping a household of 4 boys going . . . but do not live at the gym by any means. If you are interested you can see my pictures on the bountiful breast website, I am on the testamonial page and about 3 down.

Buffeee
(Login Buffeeee) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 30 2007, 1:27 PM

I use skim milk, so that adds 90 calories and no fat.

I find that having a protein shake in the morning keeps me from wanting breakfast and lets me feel full until lunch time. I have a snack of reduced calorie bread with peanut butter and no-sugar-added jelly. That gives me energy for my workout before lunch. I've leaned out in the past 3-4 weeks. Don't think I lost anything, but my belly fat is disappearing.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) for me... March 30 2007, 4:14 PM

I bloated up and gained fat doing herbal nbe...that is why I am trying the BO. I eat a fairly low carb diet...the only carbs I eat are either from sprouted grains, or in soy, or in veggies.
I do drink too much wine though.
I have noticed that hard belly syndrome disappearing on Bo, and I feel like I am slimming down a bit. I will post updates on this. I would like to get back into my siz 10 jeans...
I am with Buffeee. Protein does not cause weight gain. It is other things (like carbs) that turn into sugar then fat in the body. Also too much bad fats, and not enough good fats pose a problem too. Good fats are good for you, and can actually help you lose weight. If you totally limit your good fat intake, your body will quit releasing its fats...because it thinks it is being starved. So...use olive oil, flax oil, and take your Salmon or Cod liver oil!!!! Also our Borage oils and EPO's I think have good fats too.

Trudy
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 31 2007, 7:31 AM

I wish it was possible to get an answer to the question of what causes weight gain, the bovine ovary or the shakes? And another question, are the protein shakes absolutely necessary for growth? I'm currently taking bovine ovary and have been taking a shake a day as recommended but I don't want to gain weight in the wrong places. I've gained a few pounds already although there is also a modest improvement in the breast area.

kat(herine) 'nother kat around!
(Login BObabe) Weight gain on BO March 31 2007, 2:14 PM

I don't think it's possible to get a diffinitive answer to BO or protein shake causing weight gain, for these reasons:

1. Lots of BO/shake girls report NO weight gain
2. Some DO report weight gain
3. Some make sure Caloric intake is the same (replacing shake for other snack or meal)before and during their program
4. Some Don't(take shake as well as regular food consumption)
5. Some are scared of losing fat (therefore decreasing excersize) in case they lose boob as well, perhaps without consciously being aware of it.

Bottom line is the same old same old: EVERYBODY responds differently and has a different make up that contributes to how their body is going to store fat. It is up to the individual to monitor what happens to them, and to add or decrease different things, excersize,supplements, nutrition, and see what happens.

I really wish I could give you a hard and fast answer but it's not out there Sad

Best of luck to you in your journey, and we'll do our best to support you in it!

katherine

kat(herine)
(Login BObabe) Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? March 31 2007, 4:35 PM

Sorry,meant to respond to your ather question as well Smile

You don't have to take the protein shake if you are getting adequate amounts through diet. Many chose to add the shakes to supplement this. If you consume lots of protein through what you eat, it's probably a non issue regarding the shakes!

I know I don't consume enough in my food, therefor I have chosen to add some readily available protein in shake form. I personally haven't gained any weight the 2 1/2 months on bb and protein shakes, and, though I work hard to stay at a healthy weight, I am a person who normally gains quite easily. Sad

katherine

Anonymous
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 1 2007, 6:16 PM

BO was the only thing I DIDN'T gain weight on. I was on a high protein, lower carbohydrate diet at the time, though.

Didn't use any protein shakes, though, because of the high protein diet.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Protein April 1 2007, 6:59 PM

Here is something you may find interesting and it may help to answer some of the question about the use of whey protein with BO. (my appologies for the 'novel' length)

I did some research recently about protein (in regards to protein needs for exercise). Here is some of what I found out.

Not all protein is the same for our body. The biological value of protein is a way of stating how much protein contained in a food becomes protein the body can use. Here is a list of biological values of some proteins:

Biological Value
Egg 100%
Whey 99%
Milk 91%
Meats (including fish, chicken, red meats) 79 - 83%
Rice 59%
Beans 50%

Think of these scores as grades. The higher the grade, the better that source of protein is for your body. The biggest difference in these proteins is the essential amino acids they contain. In order for us to live we must take in our essential amino acids from the foods we eat. Animal proteins have these essential amino acids, but to get all we need from plants we must mix plants from the grain family (rice, wheat, etc.) with plants from the legume or seed family (beans, nuts, seeds). Even when we have properly mixed the plant family foods together, they still are not a biologically valuable as the animal protein foods.

What happens when you take in a protein that does not have a high biological value? Your body converts the unusable protein into carbohydrates and fat. So, for example, if I ate beans that had 10 grams of protein, my body would use 5 of those grams of protein as protein and would convert 5 of those grams of protein into carbohydrate and fat.

The conversion of protein to carbs and fat also happens if we take in too much protein at one time. A person can digest about 25 to 40 grams of protein at one time (approximately every 2 - 4 hours). So even if you use a whey protein drink that has no fat or carbs, but you take in 50 grams of it at one time, some of that protein is going to convert to carbohydrate and fat.

How does whey protein fit in to NBE?? Well, it is one of the fastest absorbing proteins. It also has very high biological value (only egg is higher). This would mean that given a reasonable sized protein drink, 99% of the protein would be used by the body and enter into the body very quickly. In the body the protein would be used to create hormones and those hormones would be used for NBE.

Would a diet high in protein be adequate for NBE without using whey protein drinks? Maybe. I have found that many people don't bring in enough protein especially those who do vigourous or strenuous exercises. Also, people who are under a lot of stress may need more protein than they are getting. For those who exercise or are under high stress a diet that has 30% protein is ideal. This would mean a person who ate 2000 calories would need to take in 150 grams of protein per day. My questionaires to people revealed that most bring in about 50 grams of protein per day. (FYI - one egg has 6 grams of protein, 4 ounces of fish, meat or chicken about 25 grams of protein, 8 ounces of milk about 10 grams of protein)

I believe that if you are using BO and want to get the most out of it, you would do well to take in two 25 gram whey protein drinks per day. That way you will have the added protein to make the hormones you are seeking, get the best biological value and fastest absorbing protein and take it in a way that would be less likely to promote weight gain.

Hope this has been some help,
waxingmoon

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 1 2007, 7:40 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this for us.

Now Buffee and the rest can see, that yes, too much protein can cause fat!

Much appreciated waxingmoon!! Smile

sandy
(no login) BO April 1 2007, 9:45 PM

Hi.But BB says only to take 1 shake 25 g.and BO should be the same.Or not?so one shake isn't enough?????

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 1 2007, 10:02 PM

Sandy,
I copied this directly off of the BB website FAQs:

"... We also advise consuming 30-50 grams of protein per day in shake form. A good whey protein isolate such as Whey Power Plus, www.wheypowerplus.com protein powder. Whey Power Plus comes in vanilla, strawberry and chocolate flavors, and is low in calories, carbs and has no fat."

I saw where they talked about using one protein drink per day but they do not state how much protein should be in that one drink. If you want to take in more than 30 grams, it would be best to do it in two drinks to maximize your body's ability to use it.

waxingmoon

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 1 2007, 10:18 PM

Hi again.I read that too,but since the new instruction came they said only 20 to 25 g is needed.I also asked CYD on the live chat and she sent me this site to get more info.So I don't know.Good Luck

http://www.cydsnewspot.blogspot.com/

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) Thanks Waxing Moon! April 1 2007, 10:26 PM

I really appreciate the research you did and taking the time to post it!
Thank you so much! I am glad to have the updated info...so I can adjust my diet accordingly. Maybe that is why my diet has been stalling. I do a lot of protein drinks....but I think I need to space them out more, not take so much at once.

Thanks again..

MyJourney

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 1 2007, 10:39 PM

Sandy,
The only reason I can see for you to limit yourself to 20 - 25 grams of whey protein was if it was a financial burden to use more. There is no way that taking more protein is going to interfere in BB or BO's effect on the body. As I say, most people do not eat enough protein as it is and if there was one thing that would limit NBE, it would be lack of protein. You have to have it to make your hormones.

By the way, there are plenty of low cost whey protein powders out there. Just look for those that have whey protein isolate as the main ingredient. Be sure to choose one that has low carbs (sweeteners). Also, you don't have to mix them with milk. Water can work just as well (although it suffers some in the taste catagory) - this can help those who are lactose intolerant use whey protein. Whey is the protein of milk. It does not contain lactose and many people who cannot tolerate milk can use whey.

Anyway, that is probably more than you ever wanted to know about protein and whey... lol

best wishes,
waxingmoon

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER LOL April 1 2007, 11:11 PM

Hi waxingmoon,thanks for the info.it was much but all useful.hmmm.It makes sence actually.I can only buy from GNC here,so i should find somethin affordable,or cheaper than the others because everything is expensive on GNC to my limited budget.But thanks for pointing that out.Good luck

Anonymous
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 1 2007, 11:42 PM

Yes - I have to add that I was eating Body-Builder levels of protein during BO use - 100-140 grams of protein per day.

Excess protein in each meal can covert to glucose, so eat several small meals per day that are high in protein, low in carbohydrate should be helpful.

Fawn

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Protein shake April 4 2007, 8:13 PM

Hi I have put my program.But I have no time for my second protein shake.I will take my last BO pill at 5:30.So is it okay if I take my second shake at 8:00 pm?Or will it be converted into fat?I don't want it to replace a meal,and I'll take the BO pills with water only.So any suggestions?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 5 2007, 1:29 AM

Sandy,
Things pass through the stomach within 2 hours or so. Since whey protein is supposed to be absorbed very quickly it should be fine for you. You may want to make sure that second shake has a little bit of fat content in it. Perhaps make the first one with no fat milk or water and the second one with 2% milkfat. Fat helps slow down the digestion time. You want the first one to get through quickly and the second one to take a little more time (to make sure your body is fully ready for it)

waxingmoon

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 5 2007, 10:54 AM

Sandy, the shake does not take much time, I sometimes mix mine before leaving work and drink it on the way home. I use a funnel and put it in a water bottle, cause shaking it is the easiest way to mix it. You should make your routine as easy as possible, once you get into the habits, you'll find it works into your day ok. I have also taken my shake later at night closer to bed time, and it hasn't caused me any problems, I'm still able to lose or maintain, and I'm 30 lbs overweight with a slow metabolism. I'm sure you will be fine.

sandy
(no login) thanks April 5 2007, 5:03 PM

Hi thanks girls for the reply.I finally finished setting up my program.It is nice and simple.Good luck for u all..

Anh
(Login goodolanh)
SENIOR MEMBER I have gained weight April 10 2007, 5:49 AM

I have been on BB for more than 2 months now and I have gained a little weight. I never had a problem with gaining weight until I started taking the pills. I used to eat whatever I wanted because I had fast metabolism. It sucks now because all the weight gain is do to the protein shakes, so I usually take my pills without them. I would gain at least one or two pounds the next day if I consume one protein shake the day before and my cheeks would get chubbier too. I'm not used to dieting either so it's really annoying. So far, I have gain 1/2 an inch in two months WITHOUT protein shakes... not much but at least it's something Smile

Anh

katherine
(Login BObabe) Anh April 10 2007, 12:52 PM

Question for you. It might not be applicable in the least but i was wondering how your body temp is? I understand that some girls seem to grow irregardless of this, but if your temp is low, it can mean that your thyroid is slowing down which in turn slows down metabolism and all that Jazz. Like I said, might not be the case but I am curious about how very different the weight issue is. Humour me? Smile

katherine

HS29
(Login HS29) ANH April 10 2007, 2:57 PM

Are you aware that the directions for taking the BB pills has changed??
You take them w/ water on an empty stomach and you don't even have to take but ONE shake per day- and not even a whole scoop if you don't want to.

Anh
(Login goodolanh)
SENIOR MEMBER To Katherine and HS29 April 10 2007, 9:03 PM

Thank you so much for your help and concern!

My body temperature is usually 98.0 F and I do take 450mg Kelp and 1000mg of L-Tyrosine a day (bought them from GNC). I take them in the morning and after dinner with an empty stomach. I have never took more than one protein shake a day even before the directions have changed. Also, I have always mixed my shake with water, not milk.

I take my pills with water or one gulp of my protein shake enough to swallow 3 pills at once, hehe. As you can see, I limit my intake of whey protein as LOW as possible. Yeah it's hard NOT to gain weight in this program. I used to eat 4 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner. Now I just eat 2 meals: cereal and a healthy meal with lots of vegetables to fill me up, which is only about 1000 calories a day. I also exercise(run/walk) at least 20 min a day.

Anh

katherine
(Login BObabe) Anh April 10 2007, 10:55 PM

Dear, that's CRAZY and I'm not sure what to make of it. Doesn't add up with all the extra cutting back & exercise you're doing. Rather baffled %(
Is your protein shake whey concentrate or whey isolate? How many Calories/serving and how many g's of protein/ serving?

Skyler
(Login skyler_s) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? April 11 2007, 8:43 AM

A friend of mine is adamant that she gained weight from taking bovine ovary - all on her bottom half too! Unfortunately she saw very little difference in braest size, but at least she saw some.

Anh
(Login goodolanh)
SENIOR MEMBER To Katherine April 11 2007, 9:26 AM

Maybe it's not all due to the protein shakes, but worry about it. I'm saying this is my routine to maintain a steady weight. Whenever I add 1/2-1 protein shake to my diet, I gain weight almost immediately the next day. Plus, it might be genetic... my mom gained 15 pounds when she added centrum to her diet, hehe. She went from 105 to 120+ lbs in six months.

Anh

Anonymous
(no login) Anh... April 12 2007, 6:58 PM

Living on 1000 calories per day isn't going to grow you any boobs. The body won't deposit fat in the breasts if you're on a diet that burns all of it up.

Geraldine
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? June 18 2007, 9:43 AM

I started BO and gained 8 lbs very quickly, when previously my weight was very stable. I'm sure that it must be the BO that's done it, as my weight has been pretty much unchanged for years.

Fawn
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? June 21 2007, 12:47 AM

A lot of women use the shakes that are high in sugar because they taste better. But sugar really packs on the pounds - protein does not make you fat, but the sugar will.

Use sugarfree whey isolate, add to milk and use an artificial sweetener like splenda and some cocoa powder.

I've listed some sugarfree lowcarb shakes on the BBL site if you want to shop there.

When I did BO, I was on a low-carbohydrate, high fat, high protein diet and it worked VERY well with the BO. I only used shakes a couple times a week, and used the EAS brand, low-carb chocolate ones.

No weight gain on BO - LOTS on fenugreek and red clover.

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? August 23 2007, 10:43 PM

Hi Lovely Amanda! When I took BB and BO I noticed I had trouble loosing weight. I didnt gain any, but I couldn't shake off what I didnt want. Since I stopped taking it a little over a month ago (i think) I have lost ALOT of weight along with my boobs. So its a win/loose thing I guess.

Jean
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? September 3 2007, 8:17 AM

Yes there is weight gain on BO. For me anyway I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case there was sudden weight gain from the moment I started the BO.

kat
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? July 18 2008, 5:37 PM

Hi ya'll.
For those of you who have been doing the protein shakes with your BO, how has your weight been?
Anybody notice that their waists are a little bigger and can't get rid of the fat!
I feel like I ruined my body with the dumb protein shakes I took back then. Mainly because I wasn't really burning fat either. I've been dieting and look amazing everywhere else except the tummy fat isn't budging, And I used to have such a tiny waist too Sad
Anyone in the same boat?

dory
(Login Dory505) kat October 21 2008, 9:24 AM

i gained weight in waist and everywhere after one month of bb and protien shakes and saw palmetto, but i think its the saw palmetto that ruined my body :S

samantha
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? July 31 2011, 9:51 PM

i think Anonymous is right. From what i heard from a Doctor,it's not that the protein shakes contain fats but more like, excess of proteins turn into fats. the shakes are indeed targeted to body builders and if you are not working out, it will be stored as fats. I used to be a veggie for years and i was really..really skinny.Recently, I started consuming non veggie food again and I started gaining weight. so for those of you taking the shakes, you better work out as well. Besides, if you really feel like you want some protein, better eat tuna! you'll get enough of what you need. why waste money on something which already has an alternative? just a thought..hope i helped

karinna
(no login) Re: Is There Any Weight Gain on BO? August 23 2011, 12:57 PM

Listen Everyone for the very last time! Protein shakes do NOT cause weight gain. Everyone is just so nutritionally uninformed, no wonder why everyone in this country is heavy(cuz they know nothing about food/nutrition, etc). Sugar and carbs cause weight gain, not protein and definitely not protein shakes. It is no coincidence that women who are taking BO are gaining weight. Sorry to break it to you but it IS due to the BO. It is due to the shift in hormones and estrogenic effects.

BO gaining other than in Breast
November 13 2006 at 6:32 PM Rachael (Login Rachael72)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reading this site and lurking for a while.

Will taking BO cause me to gain in my hips or thighs? I have read on other sites that some of the herbal formulas will cause that. I really don't need any other weight in these areas.

Has anyone experienced that the breast enlargement remains after you have stopped the pills? I called and they said the gains were permanent.

thanks in advance for your replys. Rachael

Author Reply
emmie
(Login emmiedee) not been on long but November 13 2006, 6:46 PM

i have been doing bo only about six weeks, but i havent had any problems with excess weight gain, particularly not in the hips or thighs... i also exercise fairly regularly, but i havent had to work extra hard or anything.

hope that puts your mind at ease!

hugs and good boobie wishes!

Alison
(Login Alison.) Re: BO gaining other than in Breast November 14 2006, 9:34 AM

There are definitely women who have said that bovine ovary caused them weight gain. I would have to say that weight gain is more likely with bovine ovary than with herbs, because you're introducing estrogen into your body rather than the more balanced phytoestrogens that herbs provide.

Geraldine
(no login) Re: BO gaining other than in Breast June 18 2007, 9:47 AM

I started BO and gained 8 lbs very quickly, when previously my weight was very stable. I'm sure that it must be the BO that's done it, as my weight has been pretty much unchanged for years.

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: BO gaining other than in Breast June 20 2007, 3:25 AM

Maybe all the weight gain is the protein drinks everyone is swallowing. I don't take protein (anymore) and I havent had any problems with weight gain. I've actually lost 15 lbs since I've been on BO without exercise.

Fawn
(Login fawnmarie) Re: BO gaining other than in Breast June 21 2007, 12:39 AM

Everyone is different - in fact, BO was the ONLY thing I didn't gain weight one. Fenugreek and red clover were particularly bad, especially with cellulite.

It's a good idea to maintain a diet that is very low in sugar and lower in starch. If you are doing the protein shakes, make sure you are taking one with no sugars in it.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon