Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Holiday Spiced Tea/ Boobie Beverage

I thought since the hoilidays are here, I would post an old family recipe for a hot spiced tea that we always drank during the holidays or if we were sick. It does wonders for a sore throat also, but after cooking some up this week, I've noticed my temp has been a bit higher, but of course part of that is probably due to it being hot beverage, like I've discussed in a previous posting on ways to improve the temp. The other part could be ingredient related also, since it has Cinnamon, which is a thermogenic. For whatever ails you, it contains alot of Vitamin C and Clove. Besides all of that it is sooooo yummy. Anyway, I'll post the recipe, then I will go over the ingredients and what they do for you.

Spiced Tea

8 cups of water
3/4 can of frozen OJ from concentrate
1 and 1/3 cup sugar
1 family size tea bag
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 small can of pineapple juice

bring to a one minute boil the following
water
OJ
sugar
cloves
cinnamon
tea bag

after one minute, remove from heat and add the pineapple juice and let sit for a few minutes so the tea bag has ample time to release tea into the mix, then serve hot.

This can be refridgerated and reheated whenever you want some.

CLOVE: Like betel leaves, cloves also is a good way to refresh your mouth or stop a toothache. Clove oil applied to an aching tooth will instantly relieve the pain. This oil is also used in confections and cosmetics. The nastiest cough can also be relieved with raw or roasted cloves. They can also be used for for digestive and stomach disorders, to relieve flatulence, as a stimulant, an anti-spasmodic, an anti-bacterial, aphrodisiac and expectorant. Cloves also contains a chemical called “eugenol” which inhibits the growth of bacteria, making it a great natural antibiotic

CINNAMON: Having a warming effect on the body, cinnamon is a popular spice to use in the winter.it is a thermogenic spice which not only helps to raise the body temperature, but also increases metabolism. Cinnamon also has some purported medicinal qualities, being a reliable remedy for colds and indigestion as well as being incorporated in balms for pain and swelling. It has also been used as an astringent, aphrodisiac, febrifuge, diuretic and carmative. It is also good for cough, helping to expell mucus from the lungs if taken ever 4 hours. For heavy periods: Control heavy menstrual bleeding by taking a glass of the decoction of cinnamon bark twice a day.

PINEAPPLE: Bromelain comes from pineapple and is a combination of several protein-digesting enzymes along with peroxidase, acid phosphatase, protease inhibitors, and calcium. Bromelain is most often used to help digestion and help reduce inflammation. Bromelain may also have anti-viral and immune influencing properties. In Germany it is used to treat sinustitis, it is also an excellent ant-inflammatory
One of most commonly used herb in breast enlargement supplements is Bromelain (a.k.a. enzymes/freeze-dried pineapple). Bromelain is the name of a group of powerful protein digesting, or proteolytic, enzymes that are found in the pineapple plant.

ORANGE JUICE: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a water-soluble vitamin which is necessary in the body to form collagen in bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels, which we all know is an important part of NBE. Vitamin C is one of the most important anti-oxidant. It is important to know that Vitamin C is not produced by the body; therefore it is necessary to take a huge amount of it. When people age their natural Vitamin C level decreases, so as you get older you should take a higher dose of vitamin C to prevent this decrease.
The white blood cells which defend our body against bad elements, like bacterial invasion, need a huge amount of vitamin C to do its work. If the defense system of the body is not in good condition it will not do its work to defend our body from the enemies, the result of that is an illness and infection.

WATER: need I say more? LOL, water good for Jane.

DRINKING A HOT BEVERAGE: works as a thermogenic for the body. There are many factors though as to how well it works. If you temperature is below normal, then ingesting a hot beverage will indeed bring about a increase in body temp rather quickly. If you tempature is above normal, then adding a hot beverage will kick the body into a cool down mode which will help reduce a fever. Now after reading this over and over on the net I find it fascinating that the body can react this way to the exact same thing, but that's what the doctors claim.

So enjoy everyone. You can call it whatever you want to for each occasion. Holiday Tea, Cold Remedy, Boobie beverage, ect. It seems to benefit all areas and when it taste good too who can complain!

SALUD! Mel Heart

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon