Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark

It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark
November 1 2007 at 12:30 PM Cattis (Login cattiscattis)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Scandinavia and it says on the product that the animals are
farm raised in Denmark, I wonder why they dont sell the product here? I
guess I have to wait and order until next time I visit US.........

Author Reply
Alisha
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 2 2007, 9:59 PM

Go round to your nearest slaughterhouse and ask if they will give you some. Usually animal ovaries are thrown away, so they might just as well give them to you instead.

Cattis
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 3 2007, 9:35 AM

HA HA

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 4 2007, 12:12 AM

The reason why the ovary products are not sold in scandinavia is because they are banned due to restrictions for import of food, or food supplements that contain things that can be contamined with BSE or Mad Cow Disease.

I too live in Scandinavia and I had to order my B.O from the other side of the planet LOL

Cattis
(Login cattiscattis) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 4 2007, 3:06 PM

Hi Fennel Fairy!

Thank you for the info. But did you not have any trouble with customs etc?
I had that ordering herbal pills from US. And may I ask where you got them
from? Thanks!

Your results are amazing, is that from BO alone? For how long time?

Cattis
(Login cattiscattis) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 4 2007, 3:16 PM

Hi again Fennel Fairy,

I read through your progame so you do not have to answer re. how long
you have take it and etc. Just where you got BO from and if you had
problems with BO, wow, you have done a great job. I am the same age
as you, I will try and follow what you did and see if I may have any luck.

Fennel
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 5 2007, 8:30 AM

Cattis,
I used the DNE brand. At first I didn't have any trouble with customs but when I ordered my second batch they added on an enormous import fee that was several times more than the actual cost of the product. Since postage was so high from the US, the final cost ended up much higher than I had expected since the customs fee is based on the product value PLUS the postage cost, which is really stupid. I was lucky they didn't look into what the contents really were beside that it was a food supplement, because if they had they would have confiscated it.

This was in Sweden, I don't know what the conditions are like in the rest of Scandi. Tey must have changed their customs policy between the time I first ordered and the second time. You really take a gamble if you order Ovary.

Cattis
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark November 5 2007, 10:01 AM

Thanks Fennel! I also live in Sweden. I guess I have to wait until I
travel to the US.

Ellen
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark December 8 2007, 7:56 AM

Oh no! I am in the UK and my BO has been confiscated by customs, just as you described. Now I'm annoyed!

Christine
(no login) Re: It is not fair - animals are farm raised in Denmark December 15 2007, 8:33 AM

Bovine ovary is banned in the UK, as people have mentioned in this forum several times. Enough said.

D&E BO is made with pork products....
July 31 2007 at 4:02 PM Kitty (Login Kittyluv09)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to the customer service people at DNEvitamins.com through their live chat and I asked them about Mad Cow Disease since their cows are from Denmark. And they responded that they don't use 100% bovine products because of MCD, so they use pork products too.

I asked her how this would reduce the risk of MCD because they're still using bovine products and she didn't really have any answer.

Author Reply
Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... July 31 2007, 5:09 PM

Boo hoo, your right. I just asked their live chat and they said they use both cow and pig for the ovaries. Which kind of makes me upset because I asked that 3 months ago and they told me only the gelatin capsule was made of pork.

Edit Message Delete Message

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Weird August 1 2007, 8:53 PM

Why would they do that? Not that I care a lot but anyway.

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 1 2007, 11:32 PM

idk... the customer service agent i talked to said it was a preventative measure against mad cow disease (vCJD). Where I responded, "but you're still using bovine parts so how would that prevent anything?" Like I said I got no response, but I think I'm going to save up my money to buy BB since their cows are from Argentina. I thought I wouldn't mind bovine products from Denmark, but it just started creeping under my skin and freaking me out.

Lisa
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 2 2007, 3:12 AM

Well, if you ask me what we put in our bodies for NBE is somewhat questionable to begin with, we just have to trust that we've made a healthy decsion. If it works, and it's working for me I don't care where the ovaries come from.

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 2 2007, 5:09 AM

I'm wondering if they're just saying that so as that we wont be scared about mad cow disease. It clearly states in their product description that they use "premium grade bovine sources". As well as ingredients "bovine". Then in little writing below it says that low angtigen gelatin is from beef and pork. I clearly remember asking customer service before I decided to use BO about what this low antigen gelatin is. She said it must be the capsule. So it's misleading if they really do use pork. Because I follow a strict no pork diet it bothers me that they dont state it on the product information.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) So much for customer service August 2 2007, 7:20 AM

In my experience, costumer service from several companies don't know their arse from their elbow. It might very well be only the capsule that is made from piggy gelatine. What the label says is what counts because that must be correct or they'd get in legal trouble because of it.

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 2 2007, 3:51 PM

Yeah the person I talked to (Auburn), didn't seem like she knew a lot about it and avoided some of my questions. However, after spending all day looking up articles on BSE (Mad Cow Disease) I've found a couple of things regarding the safety of ovaries from Denmark (where the pills are from):

- Denmark has only had 15 cases of BSE in the past 15 years, in which case the whole herd was slaughtered. There were no cases in 2006 and none so far in 2007.

- Denmark has had no cases of vCJD (although this disease does have a very long incubation period)

- Cattle over 24 months and 30 months are tested for BSE before being slaughtered for food. In the UK any cattle over 30 months is not put into human food sources.

- (This one is confusing) FDA in the US refuses all imports from high-risk countries, such as Denmark, however bovine products are stopped and checked once they arrive at the US. If the product doesn't have papers saying it is safe, the US will keep it for up to 6 months for safety papers to arrive.

- FDA does not check the safety of bovine supplements if already prepackaged when imported. However, DNE gets their bovine ovary in powder form and encapsulates/packages them in the US.

- And the best info I found is; Bovine ovary is part of the Not infectious/Not Detectable risk table for BSE. A study has shown that ovaries from BSE infected cows that were fed to other cattle/calves did not pass on the disease. So eating ovaries has the same risk level as drinking milk... unless for some stupid reason they dragged the ovaries through infected brain when they were removing them.

- And in regards to the pork, I think it is wrong that they didn't add it to the ingredients if it is actually a major ingredient, but also pigs have not been found to contract BSE.

I guess lastly, I think the reason DNE brand is so cheap is because it comes from a high risk country, which probably lost a lot of sales due to the BSE outbreak. SO it would make sense that BB and other BO from Agrentina, New Zealand, and Australia is more expensive because they have no cases of BSE and are leading countries for bovine products.

I know some of you might not care about this information, but it was something I had to look up and since I did find all this info, why not share it? Smile

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 2 2007, 6:03 PM

Thanks for all the info Kitty. :-)
We might catch mad boob disease though...

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 2 2007, 6:08 PM

I agree with you Fennel. It seemed like that rep. didn't know much/didn't have the information. Today I spoke with another rep. and gauranteed me that the ovaries are 100% bovine and the gel caps are either beef or pork or both. Just like it says on their product information.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Good Sleuthing! August 8 2007, 7:00 AM

Great info Kitty...I was wondering about that for awhile as Im deciding to start on it.
I think I will go ahead and try it,just to see what effect it has.

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 16 2007, 4:56 PM

hello all.I also checked the thing with BO from pork and i chatted with a rep (Joan) she told me the old ones were with bovine but the new ones will only be with pork.so the ones we will buy from now on will be pork only. I do not know what to do .i dont think pork ovary will do us any good for NBE.any suggestions girls?

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 16 2007, 6:29 PM

This is very interesting. We all got a bunch of different answers. I wonder when they made the switch? or even if they made the switch yet, because if they have then a lot of girls here are growing really good on pig ovaries. Also, why wouldn't they change their ingredient label?

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 16 2007, 8:26 PM

Yeah, they'd better change their product information.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 20 2007, 12:05 PM

aha.so are there better results with pig ovaries??i asked them and they said that the new o0rder will be with pig ovaries and there is no more bovine one.what do u think girls,what should i do?is there any other choice?

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 20 2007, 3:20 PM

Huh... this is weird. Because about a month ago I was looking up food regulations on imported bovine products on an FDA website and I emailed them regarding DNE's BO because the US is not suppose to import any bovine products from 'infected' countries. They never responded back to me, but I find it strange that DNE is now selling pig ovaries.

If this has anything to do with my questions to the FDA then I'm sorry girls.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 20 2007, 7:41 PM

now really.what should we do.if dne is now 100% pork,what are the alternatives?has anyone any idea?i am running soon out of BO and i want to reorder,any suggestions?

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 21 2007, 5:37 PM

If you don't mind an opened bottle I can send you mine? I only took 5 or 6 of them. I would only charge you for the shipping.

Otherwise, who knows... maybe pig ovaries would work too?

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Actually... August 21 2007, 7:05 PM

Pig organs are more similar to human organs than anything else so this new formula might be a more effective product.

Lost Sheep
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 22 2007, 4:20 AM

The other cheaper choice of BO would be ultra glandulars, you could google it. I believe fawn sells it in her website. I tried it and got a lot of sensations with it. There is more tablets to take because they come 200mg a tablet. I never inquired if they use only bovine ovaries because their product info. states (like DNE does) that the ovaries are bovine. You might want to ask them directly to make sure first.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 22 2007, 7:13 PM

Thanks for all responses. Yes i will order from Fawn.I think it is called vitamin powder right?the one she sells at botanical site?thanks a lotSmile

zc
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... August 23 2007, 1:00 PM

I don't know why everyone is freaking out. Like Fennel Fairy pointed out, humans resemble pigs more than cattle. This is a good thing, now we won't have everyone questioning the risks of BSE (mad cow disease).

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Exactly August 26 2007, 12:39 PM

The mad cow risk won't be there and we will most likely notice that the pig ovaries are more compatible with our bodies and therefore more effective. So why should it be such a bad thing? ...Unless some of us are muslim or jewish of course.

Natasha
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 2 2007, 8:52 AM

When I asked their customer services about it they said the change was purely to avoid the risk of mad cow and nothing else. My feeling about it is that the change really is connected to Kitty's FDA questions.

Tesa
(Login Tesanta)
SENIOR MEMBER Interesting September 6 2007, 4:52 PM

So their new product won't be BO anymore, now it will be PO (Pork Ovaries) or SO (Swine Ovaries) or perhaps HO (Hog Ovaries) what other possibilities have I left out?
I don't possibly see how humans can be compared with any animals, but it is the hormones that make the breasts grow, so that is what it all comes down to. The label will have to show what it's contents are by law.
I would try the new product, being just as careful as I am with any supplements I take. Start out slow and keep an eye on how you feel.
Somehow this whole discussion seems a bit humorous. Sorry. Wink

Baaaaa Sheep
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 6 2007, 6:57 PM

Hogs are uncasterated male pigs, so they would have testicles not ovaries. Fennel is correct, it is not a huge secret that pigs organs are the closest to humans. Why several years ago there was a heart transplant done on a human with a pigs heart, that was preformed in California. So it actually makes more sence to use pig ovaries instead of bovine, its really a wonder they didn't do this to begin with.

Tesa
(Login Tesanta)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 6 2007, 7:37 PM

I stand corrected! It was all in fun of course. So how did that pig heart transplant work out?

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 6 2007, 8:40 PM

I believe the correct term would be porcine ovary.

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 6 2007, 8:50 PM

Professor Robin Weiss discovers that viruses embedded in every pig cell -- known as porcine endogenous retroviruses (PERV) -- can infect human cells in culture. In the journal Nature he reports that each pig cell carries approximately 50 copies of the PERV virus, and that up to three of them are capable of infecting human cells. As a result, in October the FDA halts all clinical trials until researchers can prove they have developed procedures to detect low levels of PERV virus infection. The moratorium is lifted in January 1998

The FDA effectively bans use of nonhuman primates in xenotransplants, citing the risk of cross-species infection.

A study of 160 people who had received various pig tissues and/or cells reveals that none had been infected with the PERV virus. The study was conducted by researchers at Imutran, in collaboration with the CDC and reported in the journal Science.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/.../cron.html

Tesa
(Login Tesanta)
SENIOR MEMBER PO September 6 2007, 8:56 PM

So it would be PO after all : )
Interesting. I guess we are all taking chances messing with our bodies hormonal make up. The endocrine system does affect all the other systems in our bodies. There are plenty of women out there who are taking some kind of hormones though even under their doctors care. And I am tired of almost everyone having bigger breasts than me. I keep thinking, certainly there's a chance that mine can grow too! Smile

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 7 2007, 12:52 PM

Let's not forget how humans, like pigs, are also omnivores. Cows are ruminant animals with 4 stomachs. Just a litte fyi as another distinction b/w humans and cattle of how much further away in anatomy/physiology we are from them vs. pigs.

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: D&E BO is made with pork products.... September 8 2007, 4:51 AM

wait... so you can also catch a disease from taking raw pig products? or is that just with transplants?

someone needs to invent a magical pill that you just take once and your boobs grow as big as you want them to be. it would be so much easier ;p
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon