Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

why isnt BO available in uk?

why isnt BO available in uk?
June 8 2007 at 12:26 PM gingerD (Login gingerD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any one kow why?

Author Reply
lindyrose
(Login lindyrose) Re: why isnt BO available in uk? June 8 2007, 1:25 PM

I heard talk on another thread that they are very strict on anything "cow" related coming into the country due to the possibility of mad cow disease. Which I personally think is bogus!

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: why isnt BO available in uk? June 8 2007, 2:27 PM

It's not bogus because 160 people have died in the UK from mad cow disease. And according to the Dept of Health, and also the FDA, ovaries can transmit the disease (although they are not classed as high risk).

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: why isnt BO available in uk? June 8 2007, 2:43 PM

Lindyrose-The whole mad cow BSE thing was really bad here, the agracultural industry was hit so hard i still dont think it has recovered yet.
I did think it was to do with that,
i remeber a discussion on here a while ago wether BO can cause bse etc u do have to be carful dont you but i agree i thinkover all the info everyone provided sugested bo was unlikly to cause this, but there could still be a minor posibility.
I guess our government think better to be safe than sorry i supose,we have only recenty can have beef with bone on it,t bone steak etc were banned,and some things are still not alowed and have to be prepared differently to before.

Thanks again guys for the infoSmile

lindyrose
(Login lindyrose) Re: why isnt BO available in uk? June 8 2007, 7:25 PM

Glandular therapy has been around for over 60years. I was only giving my personal opinion and I don't discredit that mad cow is a serious issue, however, I don't see how you could contract the disease in pill form that's all I was saying.
Best of luck to you Ginger

none
(no login) Re: why isnt BO available in uk? June 9 2007, 12:21 AM

..."however, I don't see how you could contract the disease in pill form that's all I was saying."

So if an animal with a cancerous disease or any such disease which affects the nervous system (SUCH AS Bovine Spongiform Enchephalopathy AKA Mad Cow Disease), and the ovaries were ground up and placed in capsule, you don't think one could contract the disease?!!??
You've got to be kidding me.
...Wow..

Legal matters about ordering BO
March 18 2007 at 10:35 PM Cups2b (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Bovine Ovary products "banned" in some countries so that the products might be confiscated by customs staff when you order it? I am worried that my parcel will never reach me if I order and it is a hell of a lot of money to lose.

Does anyone of you live in europe or Great Britain, and received your orders without any problems?

Author Reply
Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Legal matters about ordering BO March 19 2007, 8:54 AM

I believe only 2 countries have banned bovine ovary, Britain and Japan.

Anonymous
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Legal matters about ordering BO April 1 2007, 7:04 PM

I have not tried to ship to the UK for a while, so I'm not really sure.

Fawn

Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous?
November 2 2006 at 7:33 AM Andrea (no login)

I asked my local health food shop in London and they said they didn't think BO was allowed in the UK. Does this mean it's too dangerous?

Author Reply
Wild Flower
(Login wild.flower) Re: Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous? November 2 2006, 9:09 AM

I think the fact that bovine ovary is not available in the UK is more to do with it being regarded as a transmitter of mad cow disease than it being otherwise dangerous. Since the mad cow outbreak a few years ago, the UK has very strict regulations about bovine products.

Edit Message Delete Message

Anonymous
(no login) BIG DIFFERENCE !!! ??? November 20 2006, 11:23 AM

there is supposed to be a BIG difference between bovine ovary and bovine glandular !!!!! glandular is not banned and ovary is and suppossed to be dangerous???? who knows about this please?

emmie
(Login emmiedee) ovary is banned... November 21 2006, 6:42 PM

where?

i take ovary, not glandular. its gotten from new zealand and sold in the states, and i think people have purchased it off the shelves in i want to say england?

ovary is just as dangerous as eating glandular, if you are talking about mad cow, so i wouldnt see why one would be banned and the other not. but the stuff i take is from new zealand which doesnt have mad cow, so my chances are pretty slim.

i guess it depends on where you are talking about... different countries have different regulations...

hugs and good boobie wishes to all!

Janet
(no login) Re: Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous? November 21 2006, 7:47 PM

The FDA has warned that the following bovine material can transmit the "mad cow" infectious agent: spinal cord, brain, tonsils, thymus, spleen, intestines, liver, kidney, ovaries, mammary tissue, eye tissue.

Charity
(no login) Re: Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous? April 16 2007, 7:47 AM

I don't know why anyone would think that one is banned and the other not. In the UK they are both banned.

Summer
(Login summer_skye) Re: Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous? May 13 2007, 8:12 AM

That's true, in the UK neither bovine ovary nor gladular can be sold or put into the food chain.

Paula Longstreet
(Login butterfly40) mad cow May 14 2007, 2:36 AM

I think it all depends on the origin of the bovine ovary not the "parts" of the cow.
That's my take on it.
As New Zealand and Argentina are the "safest" places and grass fed cows.
That's where Vitamin Power and DNE and BB ( I beleive) get there bovine from.

Fawn
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous? May 23 2007, 2:42 AM

OVARY IS a glandular. As is thymus, orchic (testes), pituitary, etc. The UK has stricter guidelines for the use of bovine glandulars due to the mad cow disease outbreak.

EVEN if it's from organically fed cows from New Zealand.

I don't really blame them, as infected material could be very dangerous. In and of itself it's not dangerous, but they're not taking any risks.

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Bovine ovary not available - is it dangerous? May 23 2007, 9:28 AM

That's true, they're not taking any risks. It's understandable, because 160 people have died in the UK from mad cow disease. They're dong everything they can now to stop the deaths, so they wouldn't want to risk adding to it.

were can i find bo in london
December 30 2006 at 1:49 PM blue (no login)

hi ladys like u all i want boobs Sad really would like to try the bo with wonderup but dont know were to get some in london if anyone can help would make me so happy .

Author Reply
Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Get them online... December 30 2006, 3:33 PM

I would order it online if I were you. If you have a credit card or debit card you can get three differenct brands on line. The least expensive ones are Vitamin Power Bovine Ovary and DNE Bovine ovary. Go to yahoo.com or google.com to find these. The most expensive one is Bountiful Breast, but they have the same main ingredient as the other two, but they added pituitary glandular along with theirs. I would try the cheapest one's first because people have reported good results with them.

Hmmm...I am not sure about trying BO with Wonderup, but it could work. Let me know in the future if you decide to go with this program and how it works!

emmie
(Login emmiedee) combining January 2 2007, 12:44 PM

word on the street (well, on the botanical beauty labs page) is that combining with something like wonderup would slow/stall growth. something about too many progesterones or something? i cant remember, but it is on the page when you read about starting a bo program. i would be careful about it... dont want to waste that kind of money!

i know import laws are pretty strict in england... you can see who online can ship to you. if amazon cant, you can try getting the vitamin power straight from botanical beauty labs... i think she takes paypal?

good luck!!

ANNE
(no login) Re: were can i find bo in london January 2 2007, 6:05 PM

Fawn has posted that she is shutting down Botanicalbeautylab. I got both mirifem and vitamin Power from her - although postage (to cover customs etc.)to UK for the BO was quite a bit extra.

I will also have to find an alternative source.

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Oh No!... January 2 2007, 9:58 PM

Why is Fawn shutting down Botanical Beauty Lab? I thought she was doing so well. She has been a big help.

Peaches
(no login) Re: were can i find bo in london January 2 2007, 10:49 PM

You can't find bovine ovary anywhere in London because it's banned in the UK.

wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER were can i find bo in london January 3 2007, 1:52 AM

I got my BO from:

http://www.americasnutrition.com/rawovary.html

click on the Policies & Shipping Info link on the lower left hand side of the page to read more about international orders and contact info.

The DNE/Nature's Harbor brand has more mg per tablet than the Vitamin Power brand from botanical beauty site so you don't have to take as many capsules per day. DNE has 500mg per capsule versus 150mg per capsule of the Vitamin Power brand.
Good luck!

happy boobie growing Wink

"Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vicky A
(Login VickyA) Re: were can i find bo in london January 4 2007, 8:57 AM

Peaches is right. You can't find bovine ovary in London or anywhere in the UK.

Has bovine ovary been banned?
November 15 2006 at 12:49 PM Tara (no login)

Is it true that all bovine glandulars including bovine ovary have been banned in the UK?

Author Reply
Peaches
(no login) Re: Has bovine ovary been banned? November 15 2006, 5:48 PM

Yes all bovine glandulars are banned in the UK (have been for several years now).

Bountiful Breast
September 5 2007 at 11:55 AM Snowflake (Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS

I was checking out their web page and found it very ODD!!!! The company says they are located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I live in Ontario, 2 hours away from Toronto and have never seen ads in any Canadian health magazines or heard any commercial spots for them on radio stations. All of their promotional advertising and safety info is done from out of the United States. We are separate countries and I find it very suspious that none of their info or consumer testimonials come from Canadian sources. It is so difficult to find some of the herbs that are talked about on this forum, because Canadian regulations won't allow them in our country, and yet something as non-researched and bovine ovary, in regards to cancer risks, is sold and shipped from Canada. Are their Canadian girls on this BO forum that have the same questions???

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: Bountiful Breast September 5 2007, 10:26 PM

Ok now figure this one out. They say they're from Canada and they ship from Canada, but when I received my BB it def came from Utah, US. Point being, I don't know what they have in Canada.

BB is seeming more and more sketchy too me. Like, why won't they update their site? Why no new testimonials? Why are half the testimonials pictures cut in half so you can't see them? And why do they have no customer service reps to answer the phones or emails?

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Regulations? September 6 2007, 7:42 AM

Perhaps the reason why you never see them advertised or sold in Canada is because the product might not be allowed to sell there. They might very well have their office in Canada but the business might have to be run in the US where the laws are less strict.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon