Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

When on BO, do you take herbs too?

When on BO, do you take herbs too?
September 4 2007 at 2:22 AM Confused (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my NBE, I need to gain some weight, and I've heard that girls who are underweight do better when they use bovine ovary than herbs. My question is if I should only take BO or if I should also take my herbs as well? And about how much BO do you recommend taking daily?

Author Reply
Lisa
(no login) Re: When on BO, do you take herbs too? September 4 2007, 6:26 AM

No, do not take both at the same time. It's an either/or choice. Although, depending on your situation if you have issues that certain herbs can help it is alright to take certain ones with BO. It's complicated, I'd suggest reading the program pages. For the most part though, on BO it's about 1500mg per day and no herbs are added.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: When on BO, do you take herbs too? September 4 2007, 4:59 PM

Hi.You can only add Saw palmetto(androgen blocker) and wild yam.But you should never take any phytoestogen.Here is a site that will help you know all you need and want about BO.Good luck

lindyrose
(Login lindyrose) Re: When on BO, do you take herbs too? September 4 2007, 6:46 PM

You might want to add royal jelly if you have a fast metabolism.

Meg
(Login MarinasMom) Damiana can also be used with BO September 17 2007, 10:02 PM

I take Saw Palmetto, Wild Yam and Damiana along with my BO.

Damiana is an herbal supplement that is reputed to help with Energy, low Estrogen, Frigidity, Hot Flashes, Infertility, Menopause, PMS, and more dealing with reproductive organs in both females and males. It can even be an aphrodisiac (heightens sexual desire)!! It is known to bind with progesterone receptors in breast tissue, but rather than act as a progesterone, it blocks the receptors from receiving naturally-produced progesterone.This allows the free action of natural estrogens and prolactin in breast tissue. This can also be taken with BO to help boost your growth as well as combat some of the reported negative side effects of BO.

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Damiana September 18 2007, 6:33 AM

I was under the impression that Damiana worked as a testosterone booster chemically. Most herbs that raises the libido boosts testosterone levels in the body even if that is not stated in the general info you get with the product. I'm sure I posted something about Damiana and its likes a while back in the "men's" forum.

Susan
(no login) Re: When on BO, do you take herbs too? September 19 2007, 2:05 PM

what about progesterone cream? Is it the same thing
as the Damina (can't remember how to spell it)

Susan

Fennel
(no login) No September 19 2007, 7:45 PM

Progesterone cream is a whole different thing. That's safe to use. It's recommended for those who are estrogen dominant or for clearing estrogen receptors once in a while to make them extra sensitive to the estrogen you add later.

It's probably good to use prog.cream during the breaks in your program. Then you probably get more effect when you start back up again. I don't think it's a good idea to use prog.cream continously though, unless you are estrogen dominant and suffer from bad PMS. Some disagree with me on this but it is my belief that since progesterone balances out excess estrogen, it will counteract and eliminate the extra estrogen we add through herbs/BO/PM for NBE purposes.

...But that's just my opinion.

Herbs & BO?
May 9 2007 at 12:24 AM Sun (Login ThaliaSun)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone explain the reasoning behind *not* combining bovine ovary and herbs like fenugreek?

I've searched the archives and can only find references to letting BO work on it's own, but I'm curious about the actual whys.

Thanks!

~Sun

Author Reply
Fawn
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Fenugreek & BO? May 9 2007, 12:38 AM

The first reason is that you don't want to overload your system with some many "estrogens" that your liver starts filtering them out and your estrogen receptors don't go dormant.

The second reason is that BO is said to stimulate NATURAL production of estrogen in the ovaries. If your system is overloaded with phytoestrogens, which are much weaker, the herbal may tie up your receptors so that your natural estrogens will not reach the cells.

Sun
(Login ThaliaSun) Re: Fenugreek & BO? May 9 2007, 6:31 PM

Excellent-- thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.

I've been considering some information on the importance of galactagogues in NBE, and if I'm just taking BO which is acting to increase estrogen, am I not missing the boat on the galactagogues?

~Sun

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Fenugreek & BO? May 9 2007, 8:04 PM

That's good to know. I'd like to know the answer to that question as well. Like goat's rue is a galactagogue (sp?), but is it a phytoestrogen? Would it be really bad to combine goat's rue with BO?

Fluffy Sheep
(Login fawnmarie) Re: Fenugreek & BO? May 12 2007, 1:46 AM

There are other ways to stimulate prolactin production besides galactagogues - like a nice cold beer and massage, reducing nicotine and caffeine, etc.

I don't believe goat's rue is a phytoestrogen, but it can cause uterine contractions, which are uncomfortable.

bo and herbs?
May 28 2009 at 7:43 AM Summer (Login Summer21)

Hi I'm not to familiar on the subject of bo, but is it safe to take with herbs? (and bcp for that matter) or would it just end up being an estrogen overload?

Thanks, summer

Author Reply
32dds
(no login) Re: bo and herbs? June 1 2009, 7:24 PM

Apparently you are not supposed to mix glandulars (BO) and phytoestrogenic herbs(fenugreek). However, Beth did take glandulars (swiss lamb placenta) and phytoestrogenic herbs (fenugreek and PM gum). She got amazing results. I had seen her pics when they were up and they were great, so great that some people thought they were fake! I thought they were real because it would make sense if you look at her program. Heres the link to her program below:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...+AND+AFTER

I am tempted to try both because Beth did with great results. I would say its up to you. But if you do, I would say to do a liver cleanse often. With Milk Thistle, like 5 days out of each month when you are on your period.

Hope this helps and let me know what you decide because I am curious as well.

BO and PM combo
July 9 2007 at 8:15 AM ipopiko (no login)

so i have 5 months worth of PM (st.herb) but i also want to take BO as well as some popular NBE herbs such as saw palmetto or fenugreek. I checked the previous pages and couldnt find an answer to this so... is it okay to combine Bo and PM? has anyone done it before? any feedback is wouldbe GREAT so i hope to hear from some people. happy boob growing

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: BO and PM combo July 9 2007, 8:43 PM

It doesn't seem like a good idea to take ANY estrogenic herbs with the Bovine Ovary. Why would you? It's not like you will get double effect, more like the phytoestrogens in the herbs will compete with the real estrogen in the BO for the space on your estrogen receptors - of which you only have a set number. Now what is the point of that?

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: BO and PM combo July 15 2007, 1:31 AM

ooo i see sorry im still pretty new but thanks for the info

PM and BO
October 9 2008 at 1:14 AM Double D (no login)

I am hoping someone can help me!!! Can these two be taken together? Will they both work? Will only one work?

Author Reply
Baby2488
(Login Baby2488) Re: PM and BO October 14 2008, 5:12 AM

I also would love to know if they work together.. because I have considered mixing the two but am afraid ....

Double D
(Login OneFullD) Re: PM and BO October 14 2008, 9:59 PM

From what was said in the main forum it should not be mixed but I wouldn't know because I never did try!

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Health risks October 14 2008, 10:28 PM

I think the main reason why to not mix ovary and pueraria is the higher risk for blood clots.

When you increase the estrogenic activity in the body the risk of blood clots will be higher, that is why contraceptive pills are not prescribed to women who have a family history of bloodclots. The combination of birth control and pueraria is NOT recommended since one of the products give you estradiol and the other strong phytoestrogens with similar effects in the body as estrogen. A lady on these boards who was on PM did have a blood clot in her leg last year. The ovary product is also adding estrogen, so taking PM together with that adds to the estrogen total, which means a higher risk for clots if you have a disposition for that.

BO~BB and HERBS????
March 27 2007 at 1:27 AM NursedFive (Login scottl4)

Sure this has been asked before but other than SP what other herbs can you take with BO or BB. I am aware that you can't mixed all of the NBE Herbs but not sure which one's.

For those who have taken either BO/BB... Which herbs have you noticed to be helpful with your program, if any?

Thanks,
NursedFive

Author Reply
Alley
(Login Alley69) BB and Herbs March 30 2007, 2:00 AM

Been on BB for about 4 months now and have had 1" of growth. I am going to try and give it a boost with some Fenugreek, SP and vitex.

Others have mentioned SP and Vitex in their programs. Don't know whether Fenugreek will enhance or delay the process. Will give it a try anyway.

Edit Message Delete Message

NursedFive
(no login) Re: BO~BB and HERBS???? March 30 2007, 12:56 PM

Thanks for responding. I was thinking about adding ~fenugreek~ as well, thus the reason I posted this thread. I will see how it work over the course of a week (maybe) and then I will post some feedback on the forum. I am doing very well with growth, as you see I have nursed 5 children.. so as of now I am feeling back out more than anything but still very excited that something is going on in there.

Thanks and much success to you,

Regards,
NursedFive

Anonymous
(Login fawnmarie) Re: BO~BB and HERBS???? April 1 2007, 6:19 PM

It's really not a good idea to add any estrogenic herbs to BO. More isn't always better.

The receptors that pick up estrogen in your blood are sensitive to how much is there to "grab". If you overdo the estrogen, your receptors will actually reduce in number, so that any estrogen that is not picked up will end up being destroyed in the liver.

You can use saw palmetto because it works on completely different receptors - that is testosterone receptors.

But adding more estrogenic substances may actually reduce your success.

Fawn
Botanical Beauty Lab

Help w/ lotion and BO
July 31 2007 at 12:13 PM CindyC (no login)

Hi,

I'm weening off of an herbal lotion recipe while I'm doing BO and wanted to know which herbs I can keep and which to avoid.
I have Fenugreek, Fennel, Wild Yam, Saw Palmetto, Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, and Blessed Thistle. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks.

Author Reply
Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: Help w/ lotion and BO August 1 2007, 2:23 PM

Bovine Ovarian Concentrate should be considered an 'estrogenic' supplement. Although anti-androgens like saw palmetto, and progesterone-blockers like damiana and wild yam can be used along with bovine ovarian concentrate, 'BO' should generally not be used with phytoestrogens like red clover, fenugreek, kudzu or fennel.

Like all estrogenic supplements, 'BO' can interfere with thyroid function. So it is a good idea to monitor body temperatures on a regular basis and to supplement with kelp or tyrosine should your average body temperature drop below 97 degree

I think they're just talking about pills you take tho, so I don't know if making a cream/lotion with estrogenic herbs would be a problem or not?

CindyG
(no login) Thank you August 3 2007, 6:47 AM

Thank you so much. I was looking on that website too and couldn't find again where they talked about that. Thanks for showing me where the information is and telling me about the temperature. So, I guess you just check your temperature by using the usual method, with a thermometer?

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Re: Help w/ lotion and BO August 3 2007, 11:07 PM

Yup, I suggest getting one of those electronic thermometers because they're easier to read. However, I'm sure you don't have to check your temp everyday. If you just check it now and then you can probably get a good idea of what your normal temp is at. It's just advised that your temp should be at or above 98.1.

adding vitex?
December 27 2006 at 5:03 PM emmie (Login emmiedee)

i think michelle mentioned she was adding vitex to her bo routine... im curious to see if it works. they are talking on the main forum that the other herbs might counteract with the vitex, but really bo doesnt add or take away, it just increases the growth hormone... so maybe it would be good to do vitex and bo and cut out everything else (including saw palmetto)? at least anything else that is herbal... im sure oils and such would still be fine...

thoughts?

im about to put in an order because i am finally starting to run low on saw palmetto and i was going to order nettle root but i am thinking of vitex instead...

any help here, my bo boobie buddies?

Author Reply
Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Hey Emmiedee... December 28 2006, 1:25 AM

If I were you I would check out the main forum for NBE because there is a lot of new posts on Vitex and the benifits of taking it for NBE. It can even be taken alone to gain breast size. If you have been trying BO alone with no results for a while, then it couldn't hurt to add vitex just to see if it pumps up the results. If you still don't get results after a month or two of adding the vitex, then you probably have a hormonal imbalance and you can experiment with adding an estrogen herb to your routine or a progesterone herb to your routine, depending on which you may be deficient in.

I am trying maca, which is not a phyto-estrogen herb. Instead it is an herb that stimulates all of the organs in the body that are responsible for producing hormones (such as pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ect.). By stimulating these organs, it causes them to produce their own hormones and it helps to balance estrogen, progesterone, and androgens in a woman's body.

I will let you know if it helps me out because I will soon be adding BO to my breast enhancment routine, but I just wanted to resolve some health issues first.

What happened to all the people who are using BO for NBE anyways? They seem to have disapeared!

Maybe they are taking a break from the holidays... Wink

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER re: adding vitex? December 28 2006, 2:02 AM

I was also wondering about vitex, and hoping you would get more responses Emmie. Guess if we wait, they will come.

wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER adding vitex? December 28 2006, 2:51 AM

Hi Emmie!

Vitex has really helped me with my pms systoms and my over all mood since I started taking it in Sept. I believe it also helped give me a boost initially since my hormones did need balancing. I'm still taking vitex now. I believe Vitex and Maca both balance the hormones. Vitex is more of a libido suppressor, hence it's also called chasteberry. Maca is a libido enhancer for both female and male as well. I don't know how much it will help you Emmie if you do not have pms, irregular periods(I don't think you're having any right now if I recall correctly from your past posts), menopause symptoms, or infertility. I think it's also good for acne. I don't think it interferes with bo. Vitex is known to be good for NBE. It's not a fast cure for pms and other hormone related issues but is does work after about 3 months so so. Just curious, what is your body type? My is pear shape/spoon. I tend to gain weight on the hips, thighs, first then stomach, arms and breasts last. If you are thinking or trying something else besides SP, wild yam is good for pear shapes too. As well as Vitex. Here are some links to check out with info regarding vitex:

http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/Art...tkin23.htm

http://www.holistic-online.com/Herbal-Me...s/h211.htm

http://www.vitacost.com/Healthnotes/Herb/Vitex.aspx

Good luck and keep up posted.

Aloha and happy boobie growing Wink

"Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

emmie
(Login emmiedee) thanks December 29 2006, 1:06 PM

hey kat... i follow the main board religiously... i only posted on this board for this because it is bo specific and so these are the bo boobie buddies, after all... the main board does more of the herb focus... are you on a bo routine? glad to have you around then... another experimenter with us!

thanks, wonderbride! i will figure it out after the new year... i am leaving for the weekend and havent packed yet... very typical of me. whatever is laying around gets thrown in the bag and taken with!

i am on depo, so i dont think i am really supposed to do wild yam... i remember reading something about that ages ago. i was thinking of vitex just because i dont know about the saw palmetto and since i am running out anyway it was either going to be nettle or vitex.

i am pretty slim and gain weight right at the love handles whenever i gain weight! i hate it... but i dont really get it anywhere else, so i cant complain too much, i suppose...

i will look into it more... sissy if you see something about it, let us know!!

happy new year!!

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Hey Emmie... December 29 2006, 7:59 PM

Yeah, I am going to try only the BO method first for breast enhancment and then if that doesn't work I will try the herbs. I also tend to gain weight around my stomach first and that creastes love handles on me as well. The thing is, is that I am slim everywhere else and people tells me I need to gain weight all the time, but sometimes I just want to show them my stomach because that is the only place my fat wants to go! But people cannot see that as well unless you are wearing very fitted clothes. But I have been reading that women who tend to gain weight more around their stomach have excess testosterone or androgens in their body, so that may be our problem.

to FennelFairy and WaxingMoon
January 9 2008 at 9:03 PM
Pearl (Login PrincessPearl)

Hello! I am writing to you both since you seem to be so educated about NBE !

My question is: Do you think I should take herbs while on a quick break from BO? I am drinking tea that has milk thistle as the first ingredient. I am waiting for PO to arrive. Thank you so much! Oh, and I am taking tyrosine and coconut oil also. My normal temp is low, always has been. Happy New Year!

Author Reply

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: to FennelFairy and WaxingMoon January 10 2008, 2:14 PM

Hi Pearl,
I am not Fennel But hope i can help.You should not take any phytoestrogenic herbs while duing BO.Since you want to take BO again,it is not a good idea to take phytoestrogen then the other hormone from BO/PO.Milk thistle is great(as you mentioned)You can still take SP and wild yam.Good luck!

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Re: to FennelFairy and WaxingMoon January 10 2008, 8:13 PM

Thanks, Sandy! I just got a shipment of PO and I am impatient, so the "break" was only for a few days. What you say makes a lot of sense. But would you still want to take SP or WY while on a break? Thanks for the info!

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: to FennelFairy and WaxingMoon January 11 2008, 9:08 AM

SP is only an androgen blocker,so it is not a real hormone u are ingesting.It is better to give your liver a break and clean it with milk thistle. Taking SP and wild yam won't hurt.But since you want to give your body a break you can stop everything and stick to milk thistle.

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
SENIOR MEMBER Hi there! January 12 2008, 11:06 PM

I think it is good to avoid estrogenic herbs for as long as you are taking Ovary. A break here and there is good and during that you should only take the thistle and no other NBE stuff. Drink plenty of water too.

I do however think that if one gets results with ovary but then seem to stall or just not getting any more growth, that it could possibly be a good method to alternate with herbs for a while, then a break, then ovary again. Why? Because maybe the body gets used to a certain product after a while and stops responding to it. By giving it something different we might be able to fool our body so that the next time we take ovary it will think it is a new thing and react to it once again.

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Re: to FennelFairy and WaxingMoon January 13 2008, 9:28 PM

thank you, Fennel. How long of a break to you personally recommend, and after how long? It seems like after 3 months of BO would be a good time to break, but those companies that sell the BO mixture products seem to recommend at least 6, or 9 months non-stop. (before one tries to get a refund) It just seems like that is kind of harsh on the body.

To Michelle Choi
November 21 2006 at 1:06 AM
Kari (Login PinkNika)

Hi,

Sorry but I just have so many questions! I was wondering what was safe to take with BO, as in any herbs?? I purchased this tea from greenbush a while back and I have A LOT left, so I really don't want to waste any. Here are the ingrediants:

Fenugreek
Licorice Root
fennel
caraway
dill
basil
anise
majoram
lemongrass

Thanks!!

Author Reply

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER Hi Kari!! November 21 2006, 3:12 AM

Hi Kari,

Let me guess..the tea you have is 'Bustea" right?? Well, I'll tell you it's not recommended to take things such as: fenugreek and fennel with the bovine ovary...anything else as far as I know is okay, such as: saw palmetto and wild yam. I asked bountiful breast myself if taking things like fenugreek, saw palmetto and wild yam was okay with bovine ovary (way back in the beginning of starting NBE) and they said wild yam and saw palmetto is fine, but for some reason fenugreek slows the results down. (maybe cause it's a phytoestrogen, I'm assuming)...but, just as an experiment I had the Bustea myself in my program not too long ago, just to see if would give me a 'boost' or not, even though I know it may slow results down, I still wanted to see for myself, since teas aren't that strong of a dosage. But, I dropped it from my routine about 3 wks ago, cause I think that may be one of the reasons why my growth slowed down, I don't really know for sure cause I was still getting strong aches/pains while drinking the tea and actually I've had less pains now since dropping it...so I have no clue.??? Smile

I've heard of fenugreek giving one other lady a boost who was on bountiful and she grew really well. Don't know how long she used fenugreek or the dosage she used though.

I've read I think on the other forum that someone asked greenbush how many milligrams of fenugreek are in the bustea bags and they said it's 600mg of fenugreek for each tea bag. I was drinking 2 tea bags, so 1200mg a day.

It's hard to say if it will hurt your results or not, I would think if someone is maybe estrogen deficient it may give them a 'boost' along with the bovine ovary, and I always test estrogen dominant on those online hormone tests, so maybe it was too much estrogen for me with the fenugreek/fennel in the tea.

It's a tough call really, I know I hate wasting anything, so I can understand you wanting to use the tea in your program so it's not wasted. Someone who probably can answer your question about the tea with bovine ovary is Fawn over on the BeBoard forum (http://beboard.proboards107.com), she could maybe tell you if the tea would interfere with the bovine ovary as she knows a lot about NBE all together.

Good luck and let me know if you find out anything!!! Smile

Kari
(Login PinkNika) Thanks! November 21 2006, 3:34 AM

Thank you! I really wasn't sure, I will check be board and see what fawn says. At this point in time, slowing down growth is definitely something I do not want happening, thank you for your fast response!

emmie
(Login emmiedee) fawn November 21 2006, 6:39 PM

i bought my bo from fawn and she also told me that fenugreek and fennel slow it down... because of the phytoestrogens (good work, michelle!). my colon cleanse stuff has a tiny amount of both in them, but i think it is so small it doesnt matter.

you may want to hold off on the tea until after the bo... or wait on the bo until your tea is done...

let us know if you find out anything different!

hugs and good boobie wishes!

Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon