Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

To Isabelle or anyone who would know:

What to do When in abundance of estrogen...

Hi, I wanted to know how any of you ladies dummy down excess estrogen that may have been salvaged by anti-androgens.

My dilemma: although I have been squashing some excess androgens with my anti-andro herb concoctions, these andros are now estrogens and I feel like they are swarming freely through out my body.

I feel like I am yet again estro-dominant instead of andro-dominant but my problem is that when I get this way, some of my hypo-syptoms return and I have too much DHEA (tests confirmed a while back).

I know I can take DIM and leach some of these hormones with distilled water but would something like flaxmeal bind to these free estrogens?
Are there any other foods that could do this?

Thanks!

Hi Princess,

Flax, if taken for long periods (like 12 weeks) in a substantial portion of your calorie intake (say 10-25%) will increase Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG will bind to estrogens, but to testosterone too.

Flax also inhibits aromatase. I'm doing the experiment right now: it's in my program thread:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=38202#pid38202
That may be the cause of the increase in DHEA, because if your anti-androgens block 5α-reductase (the enzyme that makes DHT from testosterone) and flax inhibits aromatase (the enzyme that makes estrogens from testosterone), testosterone will just stay testosterone, and grow muscles.

Testosterone is made from DHEA. The way your body normalizes the excess in sex hormones is this: the pituitary gland stops making LH, so the production of sex hormones stops. But I don't know if that will also lower DHEA. You may also be increasing DHEA yourself, e.g. by using maca.

If you want NBE, you want estrogen excess and estrogen dominance. You only want to do something about it when the symptoms of estrogen dominance (foggy thinking, headaches, depression) become too bad. What I do is take fenugreek: that increases progesterone. The extra progesterone restores the hormone balance between estrogens and progesterone. The symptoms of estrogen dominance will go away. If fenugreek doesn't work, try a strong phyto-progestin, like fennel seed tea.

Thank you for your response. I am not taking anything to increase DHEA. I know much of these hormones have not been fully utilize. I take artichoke tea and milk thistle but I feel I need something more. Maybe my stomach needs to be cleansed. I have been on 1 gm of fennel through out the day. I for some reason cant tolerate fenugreek too much.

I know when I have higher testosterone and estrogen, my body wants to attack itself.

I think I need to do more tests before I go any further with herbs. I learned phytosterols,healing mushrooms can cause an immune attack in some hashimoto's patients. Its Practically everything I am taking right now.Huh
So I stopped the teas.

New Question:
I am wondering if a small dose of BO would give my thyroid,adrenals and pituitary a break. If I am supplementing with something that already has hormones and enzymes contained, wouldn't it take some of slack off for the rest of my glands for a while? Like dessicated thyroid meds do?

I am thinking of switching to BO with other glandulars but at a small dose.

I just have dry eye symptoms. Maybe its the new Jason/Alba products I am washing my face with. I dunno...
But I am maintaining my weight just fine though (staying gluten free and all).
[/u] In fact, I am skinnier by 4 lbs since I have started. My 32 bands are a bit loose.

Hi Princess,

I have no experience with BO. I hope Mel or Anastasia can help.

I think Bo would help bring your estrogen load down and since you are feeling like you have a build up that needs to be addressed. I would suggest taking a break between switching and doing a liver cleanse, either with milk thistle, or a 24 hour flush which will do a major cleanse of the system, but sometimes can be unpleasant.

If you decide to go the milk thistle route, I would use a small dab of progesterone cream while doing the cleanse to allow the body to naturally begin sorting itself out until your cycle arrives, and then you can stop both the milk thistle and pc and begin your bo regiment.

As for raw glandulars, they make some that contain multiple glandulars in them in smaller doses which can be a good option to try. I used glandular products with my BO regiment when I was on it, and it worked really well together.

Hope that might help you some.

Mel

Thanks! I am leaning more and more toward this! Glandular therapy has always been good for the short time I was on it. I have PM powder but it seems it may not be for me after in the long run since there is that "Maintenance Dose" possibility.
Maybe I will finish BO with PM/PC in the end.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon