Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Protein shakes

Protein shakes
June 12 2007 at 11:39 PM
Lost Sheep (Login kieyah)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does protein shakes make anyone else gain weight? Am I doing something wrong?
I am taking whey protein powder it is low carbs low sugar low fat etc. So why am I gaining weight on it?

Author Reply
Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Protein shakes June 13 2007, 12:23 AM

It is bountiful's little trick in making your boobs grow. protein shakes = weight gain. weight gain = boob gain. plain and simple. that's their little scheme.

Lost Sheep
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Protein shakes June 13 2007, 3:50 AM

I'm not taking bb or bo. I am doing GY's massages and herbs. I added the protein shakes once a day because I have read that protein is needed for growth and could help with any nbe program. But what I seem to be getting is growth all over Sad I have only gained 3 pounds but on my petite body it really shows! so should I stop the protein? since I am not taking bb do I not need it? I don't eat much protein in my diet so I worry that I might need it but I don't want to gain any more weight. What do you experienced nbe ladies think?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Protein shakes June 13 2007, 3:50 PM

i have been taking the shakes for 2 months now and haven't gained any weight..I don't even believe that it does cause weight gain.Mine has 160 calorie per serving.How much does urs have?maybe u are taking more calories in ur diet which is causing the unwanted results.Good luck

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Protein shakes June 13 2007, 6:04 PM

The shakes are not necessary! I don't know why no one understands this.
all you need is a healthy dose of protein through your diet.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Protein shakes June 13 2007, 8:05 PM

For people like me who don't eat a lot of proteins,the shakes are very important. I included it in my diet since my protein intake is very low and protein is very important for NBE

michelle
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER protein shakes June 13 2007, 10:10 PM

Some people do gain weight on protein drinks, I've never had that problem though...with the exception of just fluctuating 1-2lbs here and there. I guess maybe kieyah are you taking into account how much extra calories you're consuming with the shakes, along with everything else you're eating daily? And are you using whole milk with your protein drinks? If so, then maybe try using 1% or 2%milk. I've always used 2% milk, but recently just started using water with the protein drinks. I could be totally wrong about this, but I remember reading somewhere that the body can only digest 25g of protein at once and the rest just gets put to waste (literally Smile Are you by chance consuming more than 25g at once? I guess I was just thinking if we consume too much at once for our body to use it, then the extra waste would somehow help put the pounds on over time???

It's true that we don't have to consume the protein drinks as long as we get enough protein in our daily diet, but I'm like Sandy, I don't consume enough protein everyday in the foods I eat, so a protein drink is a good way for me to supplement in that department. Also, if I don't drink the protein drinks I find that I lose weight too easily...like recently I ran out of protein drink and couldn't get more right away and so I haven't been drinking them for 6 days now and I lost 3lbs without trying and I'm also still eating the same. So for me, since obviously I have a fast metabolism, I think I really need the protein drinks.

Good luck to everyone!!

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) watch the sugar June 15 2007, 3:30 PM

Lots of protein drinks have lots of sugar. Sugar makes weight gain more than protein. I prefer a protein drink sweetened with Stevia or Xylitol.

weight gain on protein shake? try eggwhites
February 1 2009 at 7:04 PM cupcake (Login cupcake131)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think if ur concerned about gaining weight on protein shake.. u can try eggwhites instead.. 1/4 cup of eggwhite (thats two eggwhites) gives you 7 grams of protein.. and u dont have to worry about too mcuh sugar.. cuz theres no sugar or carbs.. my typical breakfast.. i eat half a cup of eggwhite(which is 4 eggwhites) 2 weight watcher wholegrain toasts with fat free cream cheese and jam.. plus a cup of SO GOOD no sugar added soy milk..

4 eggwhites(60 calories) 14 grams protein
2 weightwatcher toasts (110 calories) 5 grams protein
soymilk (80 calories)9 grams protein
jam and cream cheese (50 calories) 1 grams protein
---------------------------------------
thats 300 calories breakfast.. super low in fat.. almost no fat.. and low sugar (use jam sparingly)thats almost 30 grams of protein with only 300 calories.. and its very satisfying nad yummy... i bought eggwhites only from costco.. theyre so cheap...
(make sure u cook the eggwhite with non stick pan with cooking spray instead of OIL.. sometimes i cook it with flaxseed oil)

and yes.. i do believe u gain weight using protein shake.. cuz protein shake is suppose to be for after u work out ur muscle.. and the protein shake facilitate building up muscles and repair muscles... but if u dont work out regularly and still drink protein shake... the nutrients for body building turns into excess...

Author Reply
cupcake
(Login cupcake131) Re: weight gain on protein shake? try eggwhites February 1 2009, 7:18 PM

oh yah.. u can add a piece of fruit too then ull have a conplete whole food diet.. i usually get really full after eating all that.. so i save my piece of fruit for snacking.. this meal really keeps me full till i dont even know when ill be hungry again.. and at night u can eat 6 oz of any lean meat or fish.. that easily gives u another 50 grams of protein.. i dont really eat veggies at night.. i usually eat my veggies for lunch and snack carrorts and celeries through out the day.. i tried to avoid any carbs after 3:00pm.. but of course i cheat all the time..lol..

anyways i hope this helps for those who wants to lose weight and gain boobies.. cuz not many people are aware of the pills theyre taking.. THEY HAVE CALORIES TOO... so even thou u dont think ur eating alot.. but the pills ur popping ADD calories to ur diet...

Edit Message Delete Message

dory
(Login Dory505) Re: weight gain on protein shake? try eggwhites February 3 2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the recipt. yummy Big Grin
but 7 grams of protien is just too little!!
i thought we should take 1 gram of protien for each pound we weight! that's what i read on my protien's powder container. plus i used to take 60 grams of protien in powder form daily at the begening but someone here i dont remember her name said that it's ok to take 90 - 100 grams of protien that'll be enough to build tissues in ur breast while growing.

dory
(Login Dory505) Re: weight gain on protein shake? try eggwhites February 3 2009, 12:33 PM

btw i use whey protien isolate no sugar 1 gram carb and 24grams protien each scoop! Smile

cupcake
(Login cupcake131) Re: weight gain on protein shake? try eggwhites February 3 2009, 7:03 PM

yeah but thats 7 grams per quarter cup... i usually eat half a cup if i want to eat soemthing else too... but if im running late.. i usually eat 1 cup.. which gives me 28 grams of protein... with only 120 calories... i LOVE eggwhites.. heehee

Protein supplements make you fat?
November 13 2006 at 7:54 AM Angela (no login)

Those on bovine ovary, don't you find that all these protein supplements make you fat?

Author Reply
emmie
(Login emmiedee) not really November 13 2006, 8:51 AM

i exercise as well however. it may slow my progress a bit, but i have to exercise for my job anyway (military)... i actually find that it gives me more energy.

another thing you can try is adding a very very small dose of fennel... too small to affect your be (you arent really supposed to use it if you are using bo), but it will help your digestion and that will relieve a lot of the bloating from the milk and protein shakes. i only believe this because i am doing one of the liver/colon cleanses (colonix) at the same time and it has a little bit of fennel in it, and keeping my system clear is helping me not get bloated...

maybe that helps?

hugs and good boobie wishes...

wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER Protein supplements make you fat? November 14 2006, 4:50 AM

Some women did gain weight from taking whey protein(myself included). Other women has told me that if you taking the whey protein with skim milk, it will help you not to gain weight. I take my BO with whole milk. It has some protein in it and fat for breast growth. I'm still growing without any protein supplement. I also try to eat a good diet. Good luck with your growth.

"Whether you think you can or you can't either way you are right." Henry Ford

Alison
(Login Alison.) Re: Protein supplements make you fat? November 14 2006, 9:36 AM

Whey protein should not have too many calories in it. One of the advantages of that kind of protein supplement is that it contains a lot of protein but not many calories. So it shouldn't really cause weight gain.

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER hi angela November 16 2006, 4:58 PM

as in wonderbride's case the protein drinks did cause her to gain weight and I do believe it all depends on our bodies and how maybe the extra protein gets used in our body. Too much protein at one time is not good in my opinion, since it's said through my research that the body can only absorb 25g of protein at one time, any over that and I'm sure the body just uses it for 'waste'. So as long as it's not too much protein at once, like 20g would be good. I drink 2 protein drinks a day (each 20g) and I also watch my calorie intake everyday. I take into consideration that each protein drink is about 200 calories(w/milk) and so I'm consuming 400 cal. a day just on protein drinks alone and then I account for everything else I eat throughout the day and usually don't go over 1300 or 1400 calories, cause I don't want to gain the weight. Someone had a posted a formula on the main forum not too long ago about figuring the calories we need a day in order to stay at the same weight. I can't remember what the topic was, but maybe do a search for it if you're interested. I did the formula and found out I need to stay at about 1300 calories a day, sometimes I do go over that of course when I exercise since I'm burning more calories then.

Good luck to you!!

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Protein supplements make you fat? November 16 2006, 11:51 PM

I have only been on BB for 2 days, and have gained 3lbs. I have recently lost around 30, and have 30 more to go. The last thing I want is to gain after going down 2 sizes in the last 6 months. I ordered Jay Robbs whey protein, I used it on the fat flush diet and it was soooo good. It hasn't come yet, so I have been drinking a slim fast with my pill in the morning and evening (10g each), then making sure I eat the balance of 50g in meals, but very low calorie. I was really depressed when I saw the scale go up, and my rings are loose so it's not water weight. I'm thinking/hoping my body just needs to adjust to the new substance. Honestly, I had been trying eat high protein before to try to keep/build muscle while losing fat, so this isn't much of a change. I guess I will have to wait and see. Sorry to chime in on this and tell my story, but I agree with Michelle, if you eat pretty healthy, the protein shakes should not cause you to gain weight. When my shakes do arrive, I am going to try to stop eating so much protien, and focus on whole grains and veggies/fruits, and I guess get some fat here and there to help my growth. Good luck to you.

Sissy

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER good idea! November 17 2006, 12:03 AM

Good idea sissy about the fruits/veggies...cause I totally forgot that yesterday I was looking back at the very beginning of taking the bb pills and how my growth was so much better then than it is right now and the only difference I could think of was I was eating more fruits/vegatables back then. I'm not an avid fruit/veggie eater, but I remember back then trying to incorporate them into my daily diet at least 2x a day and I just kinda slacked off doing that about 5 months ago and every since my growth seems a lot slower. So maybe more fruits/veggies is a good idea. Smile

Oh and sorry about your recent little weight gain, I know it's frustrating, but congratulations on losing the 30lbs!!! that's a lot of weight and it takes great dedication to do that also, so you shouldn't have a problem with hanging in there with NBE. Smile

wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER I agree! November 18 2006, 1:44 AM

Hi Sissy and Michelle. It seems that the better your diet, the more successful your growth will be. Go to the BB website, on the testimonial page, if you listen to the AUDIO testimony(not the written one the page)of Heidi VonSont, she said she grew 2 cup sizes in 4 months, her smaller breast evened out with the larger one and she feels that eating organic foods, juicing, lots of salads, and staying away from fried, processed foods, junk food and sugar helped her to grow faster.

It's pretty hard to keep up with eating healthy all the time, even I get a sweet tooth sometimes and want fried chicken and swimp tempura but I try and make an effort and do what I can...lol

Good luck to all!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon