Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Best Tasting Whey Protein?

Best Tasting Whey Protein?
April 11 2007 at 12:50 PM L (Login ccuplady)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi gals! I am about to start taking BO and am gathering info and going to buy supplements.

I'm thinkin of buying the BB type package from botanical beauty (BO, kelp, and pituitary). Has anyone tried it? Also, I am going to get L'tyrosine, I think, because my temps are typically low. Does anyone know how I check temp? (What time of day, how often, not after eating, etc...)?

And.... I am going to get whey protein for shakes, but I really hate grainy tasting drinks. I can hardly get them down. Does anyone have any suggestions for a really good tasting whey protein?

Thanks to all. I'm SO excited!!!!!

L

Author Reply

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Protein shakes April 11 2007, 1:52 PM

HI.I bought the "optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standars"(strawberry)it has 80 serving and tastes good too.I bought it from GNC.Good luck.
P.S:The strawberry flavour has more servings than the chocolate.So u gain an advantage here.GOOD LUCK

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Best Tasting Whey Protein? April 11 2007, 10:59 PM

My opinion only, and I have tried 6 different brands so far, all chocolate flavor.

The best tasting hands down is Jay Robb, but it's not whey-isolate which is what is recommended. They say that theirs is better than isolate and it is absorbed better in the body. That is the reason you are supposed to look for whey-isolate. If I could afford this all the time, it would be what I would use cause it is soooo good. But it is too expensive and has to be ordered online. The next is the 6-Star Muscle Fuel at Walmart. Michelle recommend this and it is really good. It's only like 15.99 for 2 lbs. This is my current favorite, and it mixes instantly with water, unlike all the other brands I have tried that never fully break down and taste chalky. Both of these I suggested taste good with water, the others I tried I had to mix with milk to get some taste out of them and it still didn't work.

As far as temperature, I take mine about an hour before my BB pill, if it's fine I don't take L-T or Kelp, if it's low I take them, same in the evening. I have heard not to take it after eating, drinking or smoking as it can alter the result. When I was just starting out, I took it several times each day.

Good luck with BO! -- Sissy

Sun
(Login ThaliaSun) Re: Best Tasting Whey Protein April 12 2007, 4:16 AM

Hi L,

My favorite thus far is Desiger Whey. It's the correct kind of whey protein isolate and instantly disolves with a shake or stir-- zero grit. I like the chocolate and the french vanilla. There are more flavors. It's available at just about all health food stores.

On a related note, when I first started taking the protein shakes I had a very negative digestive reaction-- loads of gas within about an hour. Deathly, room-clearing gas. After reading some articles, I found out it's a pretty common problem and the fix for me was mixing with water instead of skim milk. It doesn't taste as good but I've gotten used to it and there was no way I could live with the deadly amount of gas. :-)

~Sun

L
(Login ccuplady) Re: Best Tasting Whey Protein? April 13 2007, 1:16 PM

Thank you SO much, guys! I really appreciate the input. I looked for Designer Whey at DNE. They are selling their own brand (SteroMax, or something like that). They claim it tastes as good as DW. Has anyone tried it?
L

Buffeee
(Login Buffeeee) Re: Best Tasting Whey Protein? April 13 2007, 4:19 PM

I was shopping for protein powder this weekend, and saw that Designer Whey has whey protein concentrate listed before whey protein isolate in it's ingredient list, just like most whey powders. I found that our grocery chain, Giant Eagle, has a store brand whey which has the isolate listed before the concentrate.

Is there more than one kind from Designer Whey that doesn't have concentrate as the main ingredient? I WAS shopping at a grocery store...

Paula Longstreet
(Login butterfly40) Optimum nutrition May 6 2007, 1:05 AM

I second the Optimum Nutrition brand.
Especially the strawberry flavor.
It tastes really good!
Also, mixes well with water and milk both.
I have tried the Six star also and it isn't too bad.

White Sheep
(Login C4ME) Whey Protein Isolate mixed with coffee and milk May 20 2007, 12:51 AM

Hi Girls,

I decided to mix the chocolate whey protein powder with my "International Foods coffee"....Is that ok to do that??? Can you mix the powder in anything??

I got tired of the protein shakes with water or milk alone, and that was giving me really bad stomach cramps. Now, together with the flavored coffee, for some reason no more cramps. I found it more motivating for me to drink the protein shakes this way.....it tastes like a Starbucks chocolate mocha.

By the way, I buy a really tasty powder from GNC...Isopure Low Carb...the chocolate tastes really good! No after taste, the All Star brand I didn't like at all, it's a shame bc its alot cheaper.

lindyrose
(Login lindyrose) Re: Best Tasting Whey Protein? May 22 2007, 4:42 PM

I tried the BB brand of protein powder. It's the first protein powder I've ever taken so I didn't have much to compare it to. A bit clumpy and it made me very constipated Sad But I really didn't mind the taste I always put fresh fruit in it to make it tasty.
I just bought one from Swanson Vitamins and it is really good not clumpy at all, it mixes really nice and has a great scent, it also has something in it to help you digest protein... so far I'm lovin' it!

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Best Tasting Whey Protein? June 19 2007, 3:09 AM

I wanted to share a brand that I just bought a couple of weeks ago. I've only tried 2 brands since on my program. Although this new brand I'm on isn't great tasting I have to say it doesn't bloat me up even if I mix it with milk only. It's wellements brand pro blend 55. It has 55 grams of protein in each serving. And it contains some added ingredients for digestion, that's why I dont have a problem with it like the other protein shake which was the optimum nutrition brand.

Protein Shakes
November 10 2006 at 11:39 PM C4ME (Login C4ME)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of the Whey Isolate Protein Shakes, is there a supplement that could be taken instead?? I'm so tired of drinking protein shakes twice per day....help!

Author Reply
wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER Protein Shakes November 11 2006, 3:06 AM

Hi C4ME,

I'm new to the forum. I'm also currently taking BB. I've grown 2 3/4" in 9 months. Don't worry if you can't drink the protein drinks everyday. Some girls on BB don't have the time to make protein drinks so they eat a protein bar instead. I can't digest dairy products very well(lactose intolerant) so I take my BB pills with lactose free whole milk. Milk already has some protein in it and fat for breast growth. The BB pills will still work if you take it with milk and eat a high protein diet. The most important thing is to keep a positive attitude. Smile

Happy growing and remember to massage the breasts a lot. That will help you grow also.

"Whether you think you can or you can't either way you are right." Henry Ford

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER Hi WonderBride!! November 11 2006, 7:14 AM

Hi Wonderbride,

I'm michelle, also on bb...sure you've seen my pics on their site. I also saw a pic of you on Veronica's blogspot and recognized your name, just wanted to say Congratulations to you on growing 2 3/4 inch!!!! That's great. I've also been taking the pills total time as long as you have (in a week will be 8 1/2 months). Have you noticed you're growth slowing down after so long of being on the pills?? Just wonderin cause progress seems slower for me now, altough I added things here and there that I think slowed me down, so prob will be reverting back to my old schedule/routine I had in the beginning.

I hope you see even more success from the pills. Just wanted to say Hi! Smile

C4ME
(Login C4ME) Bars vs. Isolate November 11 2006, 5:33 PM

Hi Wonderbride! Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your growth with bountiful!!....I just started with these pills and have had about half an inch of growth.

Thanks for the reply, so you think that it would be ok to try protein bars every once and awhile? I had thought about that but I thought that with bb, we need to consume the Isolate form of protein, do they have protein bars made with Isolate protein??

Hi Michelle! This is too cute, all three of us are on bb!

wonderbride
(Login wonderbride)
SENIOR MEMBER Hi Michelle and C4ME November 12 2006, 5:30 AM

Hi you guys! Thanks for the congrats and good wishes. I saw your testimonial and pictures Michelle, you look great! C4ME congrats on your growth as well! I started as a 34AA and I'm now a 36A. I want to get to 36C and have 2 1/2" to 3" more to go. With me it's been a up and down journey with the gains and loss. I tried taking the whey protein faithfully for 7 months and in that time I found I'd gain weight all over with it. I'm petite 5'3" and 114 lbs. When I'd get close to 120 lbs, I'd cut back on food to lose the weight. When I did lose back to my original weight, I'd lose some gains and fullness again. I did this up and down with the weight for 7 months then decided I didn't wan't to do that anymore. I want to keep my weight steady and gain only breast. I'm no longer taking any whey protein, or eat any protein bars. I just try to eat a good diet. I'd rather eat real food that my body can use than eat things that my body can't absorb well anyway.

Michelle, I did have a sticking point for 8 weeks where I was stuck at 36" and below. That, I believe, was due to me dieting again at the time. I've lost 6 pounds and I'm back down to 114 lbs. Recently I started doing my massages with the Coco Butter and Vit. E oil and I think that has helped to get me growing again. I'm massaging a lot more than before. I do the chi massage as well as those on the Pansyclub's massage link. I'm up to 36 1/2" now. I know you will grow more yet Michelle. Remove any doubt in your mind and believe you'll reach your goal. The mind is a powerful thing! You can make it happen, keep up the good work.

C4ME, I don't know if they have protein bars made with protein isolate. I know of other women on BB doing very well just eating protein bars instead of drinking the protein shakes. I think you can still grow if you just make sure you include enough protein from your diet. I'm still growing without any protein drinks or protein bars. For me, it's not how much protein I consume, it's how much my body can absorb or use. Apparently the protein drinks or bars just don't agree with me. I don't like the taste of sugar substitutes which most whey protein and protein bars have.

Don't stress about it girls. Enjoy the jouney...think happy thoughts and feel good about yourself. we'll all get there Smile

"Whether you think you can or you can't either way you are right." Henry Ford

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER hi again November 13 2006, 5:19 AM

Wonderbride,
thanks so much for the compliment and encouragement. Smile And yes the mind is definitely a powerful thing. I viewed 'the secret' that veronica had on her blog and I am totally geared up now and thinking positive about everything, not just boobie growth. Smile I'm sorry to hear about your yo-yo cycles with the weight, but Congratulations on losing the weight and now growing another 1/2 inch!! That's great and I know you will make it to your goal, I know we all will it just takes a lot of time & patience. That makes me feel better knowing you didn't grow for awhile and then started growing again, gives me great hope that I will grow again soon also. Smile I'm sure the extra massaging has prob helped you also like you said. Love the quote by the way by Henry Ford...so true, if we 'think' were not going to reach our goal, then our mind & body will do just that 'not reach it'. So I 'think' I'll just continue believing that I'll reach mine. Smile Good luck to your on reaching your goal, hope you have more growth soon!

Hey C4Me,

Hope you're doing well on bb still...and yes it's great to have wonderbride here also on bb like us, so we can compare notes. Smile Good luck to you also on seeing more growth soon and good luck to everyone!!! Here's to some big uns!!!!!

Alison
(Login Alison.) Re: Protein Shakes November 14 2006, 9:39 AM

You can get protein bars which are an excellent source of protein. But you need to read the label carefully because some protein bars contain a lot of calories as well as the protein. You would be taking more calories than would usually be the case in the protein drinks you can get, but otherwise protein bars arevery good.

Protein Shake and BO
December 15 2006 at 6:33 AM
organic angel (Login organic_angel)

To all my fellow BO boobie friends.

I am trying to decide on which protein shake to add to my routine, as I've read past posts here, and looked over at BB's site and Fawn's at botanical beauty. I'm thinking that it really is a crucial part.

Has anyone found one brand or type that is better than another? Did anyone have no; slow or stalled growth and then after adding protein shakes, things started moving along?

Organic Boobie Love

Author Reply
Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Protien Shakes December 15 2006, 11:23 AM

I started off with Jay Robbs shake, I used it on another diet and it was really great, I looked forward to it -- that's how good it is. Then I realized it wasn't whey isolate like recommended, so I switched to the 6-star at walmart. The website has some explanation about why theirs is better than isolate, but I was trying to stick to what was recommended.

I never really thought about the shake part of it, but to be honest, now that you mention it, I felt alot more like something was happening in the beginning while drinking Jay Robbs shake. It might be because it has double the L-Tyrosine that I take currently already in it, and alot of other amino acids. Then again, it may not have anything to do with it at all.

The problem is that it is pricey, like $38 every two weeks. You have me thinking about it now, I will use it for a few days starting with this morning's routine, and see if I notice anything different. -- Sissy

emmie
(Login emmiedee) now foods December 15 2006, 3:41 PM

i get now foods whey protein isolate off of i think it was iherb.com... it has a lot of extra amino acids added into it (including l-tyrosine) and gives me the tingles! plus it was about the same price as the six-star... iherb sometimes takes a little while to deliver...

anyway, thats the one i like. i just started it about a week ago, but i really like it... tastes like a milkshake!

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER hey organic angel! December 15 2006, 9:15 PM

The protein drink I use is the Six Star Body Fuel that Sissy mentioned. I can't afford to buy some of the other ones that bb suggests. So I've just always stuck with this one. I imagine some are better than others, bb suggests to get one that's 100% whey isolate. Mine is 97% so I figure that's close enough. Smile

I may try the one that you're using Emmie from Iherb.com to see if that makes any difference, since I order from there at least once a month. My body probably could use a switch now after several months anyhow.

Good luck everyone!!!

Anonymous
(Login organic_angel) Re: Protein Shake and BO December 16 2006, 5:13 AM

Thanks ladies. I think you've all mentioned the same important component, and that is to take a whey protein shake supplement, and not soy. I'll be off to my health store tomorrow to get some. I'll let you know if it kick-starts any tingles, etc.

Organic Boobie Love

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Protien Shakes December 18 2006, 11:40 PM

Ok, since Friday, I have been drinking the shake I started out with 2x day, and I am getting the same tingles and constant heaviness that I experienced my first couple of weeks on BB. I wonder if it has to do with all the extra amino acids in this shake? I'm going to try the now foods brand that Emmie menioned since it is way cheaper than Jay Robb's, but the nutrition label is almost identical. Thanks for the tip Emmie!

new on board! ??? question bout designer protein
December 9 2007 at 7:11 PM anna (Login anna33)

hi gal

i,ve just order my BB 2day....

i've almost done wit my 3rd bot of WU, had some heavinessness but not sure if it water retention.

i wanted to switched coz i drink coffee n i'm a smoker n i'm skinny too@99 lbs n 5"2.

So my question is anybody on DESIGNER WHEY, how's the taste n which flavour taste better?

yhanks

Author Reply
gokhil
(no login) Re: new on board! ??? question bout designer protein December 11 2007, 10:07 AM

how is designer whey different to any other whey?

Edit Message Delete Message

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: new on board! ??? question bout designer protein December 11 2007, 11:05 AM

hello,
Personally i have tried optimum nutrition.it tastes good and has 24 g per shake.Do a search on the foum i think it was mentioned before.Is it the one recommended by BB? I don't know but i think the designer is the one that doesn't taste good.I forgot really i am not sure.But it was mentioned here.

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Designer Whey December 11 2007, 8:39 PM

I purchased the brand "Designer Whey" from Trader Joe's; both are good--the chocolate and the vanilla. It has more whey peptides they added back into the whey, because they list that right above the amino acid list on the label.

anna
(Login anna33) Re: new on board! ??? question bout designer protein December 14 2007, 2:02 PM

hi,

thanks you sandy n pearl for responding.

i've bought the optimum nutrition...hav't taste it yet, still waiting for my BB to arrive but the gal from GNC told me so far there no complain about the taste.....

Can the protein shake stay in the fridge?
April 21 2007 at 9:29 PM
sandy (Login sandy111)

Hi all.I was just wonedring if i leave the protein shake in the fridge,does it get affected?I always make the shake before i go to bed and leave it till the next day.Maybe it is a stupid question but does it in any way differ?????????

Author Reply
Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Can the protein shake stay in the fridge? April 22 2007, 1:17 PM

I drank half of mine and put the rest in the fridge once and it became too thick, so I never do this. I don't think it hurt it or degraded the protein, I just didn't want to drink it.

I know you said you have time issues, but your time schedule can't be worse than mine, my job is hectic, stressful and I'm up at 4:45 daily. It takes me 30 seconds to make my shake. I have a homeade funnel, fill an empty water bottle half way, drop a scoop of protein in the bottle, shake, drink. Are you using a blender or something, is that why yours takes so long?

How is it going so far Sandy, any signs of something happening? -- Sissy

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Can the protein shake stay in the fridge? April 22 2007, 1:39 PM

Oh Sissy,thing are going very bad for me.I split my doses into 3 times a day to see if there is any differens since i had my burning feeling after my last 500mg pill.and for 3 days i felt nothin at all.now i am back to my original plan.2 am and 1 pm.but sometimes my temperature is running low,and honestly i'm not happy with the whole thing.It was better for me in the start.I'm going to buy L-tyrosine soon.But i think that BO does by itself affect temperature because it was never thaat low.Don't know.I shake my protein in a water bottle,it doesn't take time but i prefer to do it at night and in the morning it will be cool and i feel it won't be as heavy as when it is not that cold.If u know what i mean...I really hope I feel those weird sensations again.even if not tingling but i knew something was going on there...Good luck

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Can the protein shake stay in the fridge? April 22 2007, 3:17 PM

Sandy, I hope it gets better for you soon, but remember patience....everyone is different, I didn't actually grow for like 2+ months and then it's been slow. Even after I have had growing spurts, I go back to feeling nothing, then it just happens again. It's only been a week for you so don't get discouraged or feel bad, think positive.

I do think if your temp is low need to get the L-T real soon, you can grow with a low temp, but it will take longer. I had temperature problems in the beginning also, mine were extremely low. I hardly ever take L-T or Kelp anymore, but after I realized I had a problem, I took them everyday until it improved. Good luck!

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER good to know April 22 2007, 3:48 PM

i will be patient,now i'll hold on to this routine for few days and see if i feel the burning thing again.i also want to know what i am going to follow so i can post a program page.i haven't till now because i am always changing my routine.The thing with the temp is that it is not always low,it is mostley high and i take kelp too but sometimes it runs low and i have no idea why.hope when i take L-T things will be better..thanks for the support sissy...good growth

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Can the protein shake stay in the fridge? April 22 2007, 7:02 PM

Well, just to show you how weird my temp can get, it's been very consistent in the 98's, sometimes even like 99.1. So today it was 98.6, then I went on a 3 mile hike, came home and spent 2 hours working in the yard in the hot sun, even got a faint sunburn.....and I just took my temp and it was 97.6, that hasn't happened in a while and you would think it would be high since I worked up a good sweat. That does not make sense to me, especially since it has been consistently good. I will take the LT and Kelp today and hopefully it will be up again when I take the next dose of BB. One thing that you might consider is drinking a morning shake and another later in the day.

You had mentioned before that weight was not an issue, and the extra protein may give you a boost also. I know that they say at BB that you only need one, but there are alot of women who grew drinking two shakes. Also, make sure that you get some fat in your diet, it hinders my weight loss, but I still make sure I get fat. Gotta feed them boobies what they want Smile

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER hmmm April 22 2007, 7:08 PM

yea i am taking 2 shakes per day.48g in total with whole milk.today I drank my last pill with the shake,as the botanical site says and i took 2 pills now at night,so i took today 2000mg.I'll keep this uo for 3 or 4 days and see if there is any differnce.my temp is very good since this morning. it is crazy i know.Hope that ramping up helps.I miss those feelings.One i felt that i have swollen too,so in theory this thing works for me.But i dont know what i did wrong...

Hey Michelle
February 22 2007 at 2:22 PM Holly (Login Holly34)

I bought the same collagen protein that you did and just received it. How are you taking it? Do you mix it with juice or something? I tasted a small amount and it is pretty discusting. I was thinking about replacing one of my protein shakes for this...what do you think? It has 15 grams of whey/collagen protein.

Author Reply

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
SENIOR MEMBER hey holly! February 22 2007, 8:40 PM

Yeah it is pretty disgusting stuff...I just chug it down with some water. I take 2 tablespoons at night about an hour before bed...I put one tbsp in my mouth and grab my water and gulp it down together really fast, then do the same for the other tbsp. You could try it in some juice or something though to see if it tastes better that way. I just find it easier to just chug it down with water at the same time and I can block out the taste that way.

It does have a good amount of protein in it...but I still drink my 2 protein drinks a day and take the collagen as extra protein for my daily intake. I figure every little bit helps. Smile But, I don't see why you couldn't replace it with one of your protein drinks..as long as you're getting plenty of protein in your diet you know.

Good luck and hope it makes a difference for you! Also...I just wrote you back through email.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon