Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

safety

safety
July 26 2009 at 7:20 PM new2BO (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm considereing BO. Taking something from another animal internally seems like it would be unsafe - perhaps alter hormones or DNA. Are there studies taht document its safetly. What about fertility, kicking in menopause for women under 30, or something like that. What do you think?

Author Reply
itsjust4fun91
(Login itsjust4fun91) Re: safety July 27 2009, 2:52 PM

I have only been on the board a little over a week, but after not seeing a response to your question, I thought I would at least give my two cents since I have had my concerns also.

I think there isn't anyone that is attempting this that hasn't worried about safety, or researched as much as possible for that reason also. IMO, I don't think it being from an animal is really the biggest factor to be concerned about. Our milk products, and our meats now are so altered with growth hormones for faster production, that we are already exposed to the very things you are worried about. They claim it's one of the reasons, girls are going through puberty earlier than years ago and why they are more endowed, though I have to lament why this little side effect had to wait until I was a grown woman to show up. LOL.

For me, my concerns focus more on the effect on our hormones it can have. I'm a huge beleiver in estrogen dominance being the leading factor of breast cancer. I do worry in the long run, what ramping up our estrogen to get new growth could possibly do to us, but seeing as how I have yet to see a single report of it happening to one of the women that has gone through this process, I have tried to tuck that away in the back of my mind and just plan to keep more vigilant with the changes in my body and breast. I already do mammograms once a year, so I kind of look forward to this years to see what difference can be seen on a mammagram in the tissue development. Does it look the same? Does it show new tissue or is it from swelling, ect.

All I can suggest is that you research and research until you find the answers to your concerns and then go forward with what you feel comfortable with.

Melissa

Author Reply
tracy171
(Login tracy171) Re: safety July 28 2009, 11:16 PM

One thing everyone seems to agree on is that there are no studies.

Bovine NBE Info
February 23 2007 at 12:06 AM wantmorecurves (Login wantmorecurves)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found on line

Bovine Ovary Extract - There are no published studies of the safety or effectiveness of bovine ovary extract in humans. Unlike the other herbs discussed here, websites selling the product say that bovine ovary extract stimulates the pituitary gland resulting in an increase in prolactin and growth hormone levels.

If this is true, there are potential risks. Prolactin is a hormone that rises almost ten-fold during pregnancy to stimulate breast development and milk formation. High levels of prolactin can cause infertility, irregular menstruation, reduced libido, and possibly increase the risk of stroke.

Growth hormone is needed to stimulate growth in children. High levels of growth hormone in adults who don't need it can cause the development of diabetes, abnormal growth of bones and internal organs such as the heart, kidneys, and liver, high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).

Author Reply
Anonymous
(no login) Re: Bovine NBE Info February 23 2007, 1:19 AM

If you're gonna post something like this, you should credit the source.

wantmorecurves
(Login wantmorecurves) Re: Bovine NBE Info February 23 2007, 2:01 AM

I found it on a website listing herbs in enchancement pills and safety of each herb and what it does. This was listed at the end.

Fawn
(no login) Re: Bovine NBE Info March 11 2007, 12:47 AM

This is completely incomplete and incorrect information.

For one - whoever is selling bovine ovary and saying it stimulates the pituitary is LYING. It does not. There is one brand out there that contains pituitary gland extract. Straight bovine ovarian concentrate does NOT stimulate the pituitary gland and never has.

Prolactin is produced normally throughout a woman's reproductive life. Prolactin is normally only over-stimulated in the case of a pituitary tumor, but during normal cycles, pregnancy and nursing, prolactin is not dangerous.

Bovine ovary does not stimulate growth hormone.

Fawn

To take or not to take BO during the menstrual cycle?
December 10 2007 at 8:48 PM
Pearl (Login PrincessPearl)

Hi ladies, some safety input ont is would be great. The woman that was into NBE where I got my first bottle of BO recommended to not take it during the menstrual cycle. Boutiful Breast says to take during the cycle, they claimed "its only a supplement." Well, my doctor did tell me it is estrogen, natural estrogen, a little less dangerous than synthetic, but carries risks. ANYWAY, I did have a little growth and I tried that small break during my period, (like I wrote before, I was also feeling real "out of it") since I felt my body needed a break.

For anyone with experience; do you take BO constantly, even during your cycle??? Thanks and good luck to all of you.

re bovine news info
November 1 2006 at 9:36 AM Anonymous (no login)

if you want to take BO please read this first, www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1997Q3/swallow.html

Author Reply
Julie
(no login) Re: re bovine news info November 4 2006, 8:04 PM

Dangers of BO???
January 18 2007 at 6:21 AM sarah (no login)

Hi, I've heard somewhere that BO could lead to many dangerous circumstances like infertility, etc. Is this true?

Author Reply
Jessica
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? January 18 2007, 7:59 AM

I think it is true, because it increases the body's estrogen load and unlike herbs there's no way of checking the action. Unchecked estrogen load can lead to many adverse effects, including cancer riask and as you mentioned, infertility. There was a major cancer scare about bovine ovary in about 1999 and since then hardly anyone sells it.

Edit Message Delete Message

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dangers of BO??? January 18 2007, 8:02 PM

The only bovine ovary you can buy now is from Argentina, which from is extracted from hormone-free, steroid-free treated cows, which greatly decreases you chance of getting cancer. Keep in mind that in America all of our meats we eat are loaded with these two hormone disuptors and they are also causing cancer.

As far as infertility, I have never heard of that with bovine ovary. In fact, Jules from bountiful breast told me many women who couldn't have children actually got pregnant after starting the bovine ovary! I thought it increased progesterone and estrogen in the body, since it stimulates that ovaries and the ovaries produce more than estrogen. It only makes since to me that this product would cause an increase in both, but I may be wrong.

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dangers of BO??? January 18 2007, 8:04 PM

I need to check over my spelling more, dustruptors, not disuptors!

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dangers of BO??? January 18 2007, 8:05 PM

disruptors!!! oops again!

sarah
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? January 19 2007, 4:01 AM

lol! It's alright we all have those moments. I just might try the BO now... Smile

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dangers of BO??? January 19 2007, 4:13 AM

Katrina, that's good to know that Fawn disagrees with the infertility thing. I don't think there are any concrete studies showing the safety or dangers, I searched for days and found very little information.

Maybe the only danger is that it uffects yuor speling, and I cun live with tat.

Peaches
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? January 19 2007, 10:45 AM

That is exactly the point, there is no information available. That's why so many companies are reluctant to sell it, because theere is no information available and they therefore don't want to take the risk. By the way, the problem with estrogen is that too much estrogen can cause infertility. Therefore because BO increases estrogen uncontrollably it is commonly believed that infertility is a likely result.

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dangers of BO??? January 19 2007, 8:56 PM

I am confused. Tt looks to Bovine Ovary, since it stimulates the ovaries, would cause an increase in both estrogen and progesterone because the ovaries produce both of these.

That's funny Sissy...lol.. I culd liv wit dat too Smile

Lisa
(Login lilmama40) Re: Dangers of BO??? January 31 2007, 11:09 PM

BB website explains it's progesterone based, not estrogen based.

Peaches
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? February 1 2007, 7:53 AM

I don't think the BB website can be relied on. I don't think they know for sure what bovine ovary actually does. It doesn't seem to have ever been studied, so I think BB are taking a guess more than anything. People have looked hard but there is no real information available anywhere. Because of the lack of information and study, any explanations about the effects of BB have to be regarded as guesswork.

Melissa
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? February 1 2007, 1:36 PM

I have been taking BB pills for 9 months, before I started taking them I took my bottle of pills and my money back guarntee papers to my doctor for her to sign and look at it my pills. She said that they were safe but she couldn't guarntee they would make my breasts grow. I have had just about 2 inches of gain since taking only them, L-Tyrosine, protein and sometimes DIM Plus and of course massage. My growth has slowed in the past couple months so since reading your messages here and talking to Wonderbride I have added in some more herbs to jumpstart my growth again. Anyways, I just wanted to share with you that my doctor had told me that the pills were safe, also I have had no weight gain over the past 9 months, I hope that this helps.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Hi Melissa! February 2 2007, 2:06 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience and what the doc told you. I could handle two inches in 9 months. I'm only 2.5 months into my BB, and have increased fullness but only 1/2 inch growth so far. Good luck with the changes and hope they jump start your growth again. -- Sissy

Judith
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? February 2 2007, 6:55 AM

Unfortunately the general consensus of doctors is that bovine ovary is definitely not safe.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dangers of BO??? February 3 2007, 12:21 AM

I bet that 95%+ of doctors don't even know what it is. I'm interested you have information? It's very hard to find much information on this subject.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? February 6 2007, 12:56 PM

What about mad cows disease (I hope that's the right term in English)? If you ingest infected animals, it takes 15 years before you get sick. So these effects can not be predicted right now

Cuchilli
(no login) Re: Dangers of BO??? February 6 2007, 8:10 PM

The sellers of bovine ovary say that there is no reason to think the cattle their product comes from are infected with mad cow disease.

However, if you ask for a guarantee that they aren't, they say they don't have information that would justify providing such a guarantee.

emmie
(Login emmiedee) where it comes from February 7 2007, 4:46 PM

for instance, new zealand doesnt have any reported cases. my pills come from there.

i understand and appreciate the concern; its been discussed. some people take the risk, some dont. i do...

Im a noob in need of advice =) How can I avoid Endometriosis?
May 25 2008 at 10:30 AM Kitty (no login)

Hey guys, Im going to be starting my BE routine which is going to be with BO.

Is it a good idea to take Saw Palmetto with BO?

Im going to be taking DNE's BO which is 500mgs, so Ill have to take 4 pills a day which will be 2000mg, is that over dosing? Too much?

If it is a good idea to take Saw Palmetto with BO, how much mg should I take a day?

I really want to avoid side effects as much as I can specially serious ones. Ugh Im sort of being paranoid @_@ I heard about cyts and endometriosis and all that and I really want to have kids in a few years

Also what are other side effects from BO? Mild and serious.

Another thing, I found out that DNE's BO is made of Porcine Ovaries? Is that bad? Any differnce other than this is Pork Ovaries and not Cow Ovaries?
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks =)

-Kitty

Author Reply
kat
(no login) Re: Im a noob in need of advice =) How can I avoid Endometriosis? July 19 2008, 10:45 PM

Yes, many women have reported endometriosis and cysts as the side effects. BO isn't FDA regulated and there are no scientific studies done to test out the effects say...5 or 10 years from the time taken.

This is all a risk, and really that is up to you to decide.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon