Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Need Help re: Hormone Levels Throughout Cycle

There's something I've been trying to figure out for a while now. I apologize if this ends up being a really long post, but I've got a lot of details to cover.

About 4 years ago I gave NBE a try. I started out taking PM (started with Full Potential, then St. Herb). I did get some soreness, and if I remember correctly I had a 1/4" increase in my measurement across the bust that happened fairly quickly. The problem was that I also had horrible headaches, constipation, and very long cycles. I also stopped seeing progress right after that initial growth. In short, I'm pretty sure I had stalled because it was just too much for me. After that I took a break during which I did a liver cleanse. I then started taking Wonder Up. I was shocked to discover that I grew amazingly quick with it. Within the first month I had gained about an inch, and in the next couple months I had another 1/2 inch. However, about two months into it I started getting the horrible headaches again, terrible mood swings and PMS, and I generally just felt like crap. It was enough to make me quit taking it, even though I was seeing results. I then took another break and started on Bella's PM and had pains and soreness but wasn't able to take it like I should because I had bad side-effects with it too. Basically I'm sure that I had pushed myself into estrogen dominance so I backed off all that stuff completely.

The thing that I noticed when I had all that growth with WU was that ALL my soreness and growth happened during the luteal phase. The strange thing I'm coming across now is that it seems to be the other way around. Whatever little bit of soreness and tiny bit of progress I make happens during the follicular phase and it seems like it all vanishes during the luteal phase. What would cause it to be so opposite now? I can't figure that out. I'm currently on my first month of BO but prior to this I was taking Beyaz, which is a combination birth control pill. I took it for two months by itself and during both of those cycles I became extremely sore and swollen after ovulation. So that followed what seems to be "normal" for me. But the weird thing was that the next month, when I added WonderUp while still taking the pill, all my soreness and most of the swelling completely vanished after I ovulated. After the first month of taking the two together, I stopped taking Beyaz and continued with WonderUp. Same thing happened. I can't say that I ever experienced much soreness with it during the follicular phase, but I did have lots of pains and things going on. But all sensations went away and I never had any soreness at all after I ovulated.

Now that I'm on BO, it seems to be the same thing happening. I had some soreness off and on during the follicular phase along with some slight changes in my breasts, but after I ovulated it seems I can't achieve soreness again. I'm really starting to wonder about this because I don't really see how much growing I can do during the follicular phase. What would cause progress to stop after ovulation, when it seems it should be the other way around? According to Wahaika's cycle graph, estrogen levels drop and progesterone levels rise after ovulation. So do I need to raise my estrogen levels at that time to achieve growth? Or do my progesterone levels need to be higher than what they are? Would PC benefit me? Is this something that can/will change or regulate after taking BO for a longer period of time? It's just tough with BO because you can't add herbs in to raise certain levels at specific times during your cycle.

I hope this wasn't too confusing! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I wouldn't add prgesterone cream to a bovine ovary regiment. Bovine ovary increases progesterone moreso than estrogen all on it's own, so you might very well over do it and take yourself into progesterone dominance, which by the way are the same symptoms as estrogen dominance.

You are one month into the bo regiment and I really can't say I know of anyone that got growth in the first month, including myself. The first month is typically tingles and pains throughout the month here and there with no schedule or reason to them and then cycle two tends to be the start of the luteal breast pains that result in growth. That you are having sensations in the first month regardless of when is a good sign as it's typical of BO when it's going to work, so unless you are having bad side effects again, I would hold tight, and relax. It sounds like you might have some good months coming up.

Mel

Mel,

Thanks so much for your reassurance and encouragement. I hope I didn't make myself come across as being really impatient! I'm definitely in this for the long haul and am thrilled just to have found something I seem to be able to tolerate! I felt so horrible on herbs. Wtih BO I know I will be able to continue taking it long enough to see great results! That in itself makes me very happy and optimistic. I just thought maybe there was a problem with my hormones or I wasn't getting enough of something, and thought it would be best to address that problem now rather than wait until a few months down the road and realize I'd been doing it wrong all along. hehe Smile That would be my luck. But it sounds like it's fairly common on BO to "feel" things going on in your breasts, but not get the actual soreness and growth until a little later, like you said. Hopefully it just means that the process has started and my body is preparing itself for growth.

And you're right - I definitely shouldn't be worried this early on. I've already had a 1/4" increase in my across bust measurement and that in itself, for the first month, is pretty awesome! I first noticed it after I had that first bout of soreness that only lasted a couple days. I guess that's why I get kind of nervous when I don't get sore - I've always grown only when I've been sore in the past. And I vividly remember that when I "grew" (insert sarcastic laugh here) during puberty I was so painfully sore the whole time. But I need to give it time and let it build up in my system.

On a side-note, I've follwed your program and progress (along with Anastasia's) since deciding to take BO and you're such an inspiration! I loved reading through yours and seeing how the growth came like clockwork. You've had such amazing results. I'm so happy for you!

(And yes, isn't it wonderful how the symptoms of estrogen dominance and progesterone dominance are basically the same? Kind of like hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Many of the same symptoms. Really makes it fun trying to figure out what's going on with your body!!)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon