Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Emergency - help!

Emergency - help!
July 11 2007 at 11:20 PM
IttyB (Login IttyBittyTitty)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Been fighting an off-and-on painful cyst. Up until today my doctor said she thought it was just a benign hemorragic cyst that is taking forever to go away. Since earlier this year, about Februaryish I think (I'd have to double check my records), it seemed to reach its largest size (6.something). Every month after that it would either be the same size or slightly smaller. Last month it was down to 4.3. Monday (2 days ago) when I had my last sonogram it was 6.3!!

So....have had this cyst since August 2006. Started herbs in December 2006, so obviously the herbs didn't cause it (nor did they seem to hurt it because it WAS getting smaller, even after the herbs. STOPPED herbs in May. STARTED BO May 30. So I've been on BO about a month and half.

Now my doctor wants to do a CA-125 test to check for ovarian cancer antigens. From what I can tell this test does not check for estrogen whatsoever (I desparately don't want ANYONE to know I'm on BO)--but even so, does BO have any effect, negative or positive, on cysts? Will being on BO affect the results of this test?

And more importantly, does BO have anything to do with causing/continuing cysts or ovarian cancer? I'm going off it for now. My doctor is talking about doing this CA-125 test and then possible surgery to remove the cyst. Obviously I hate the idea of surgery. But I really want to know if BO is "feeding" this thing, or if I have surgery and after recovery, if I start BO again, will it cause more cysts?

PLEASE HELP!!!! There's some other family/personal issues going on that this could hugely affect. I really need help on this!

(*•.¸(`*•.¸¸.•*´)¸.•*)
..¨`•.¸ *IttyB*¸.• ´¨..
(¸.•*(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)*•.¸)

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) My advice to you is... July 12 2007, 7:36 AM

Stay off ALL estrogenic and progesteronic substances for safety. It is said that estrogen can feed tumours and cysts in the breasts and reproductive system so for your own health, which must come first, please stop taking the BO. It's not worth it if you already have a cyst and there is a slight risk that it can interfere and make new ones appear that might NOT be benign. In the mean time, do some research about the effect of estrogen and progesterone on the reproductive system. I know I have read warnings on PM products etc about not using it if one has had tumours or cysts in the ovaries/uterus/breasts - even benign ones, probably because it could promote growth of such a thing.

The main thing now is to do all you can to help your body get well. I wish you all the best in that, and hope that everything works out well for you.

As for NBE, there is always massage, Brava and hypnosis to try among other methods, but all that can wait for now.

IttyB
(no login) Thanks July 12 2007, 6:49 PM

Thanks, Fennel Fairy! I stopped taking the BO yesterday. Very sad. :-(

Anyone else have any ideas/thoughts/stories? Please, I'm desperate. :-/

IttyB

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Emergency - help! July 12 2007, 11:11 PM

I agree with Fennel, your health comes first. You wouldn't want to blame yourself later that you might/did effect the cyst by doing NBE. Keep the BO for later in the meantime you could do massage or have a booby friendly diet, etc. I know it's hard to be open about NBE with doctors. Though I wouldn't hide it if they asked if I was taking any herbal supplements. You could just tell her/him that there are plenty of women who rather use herbs than do surgery. Anyhow, wish you the best of health. Take care.

Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Emergency - help! July 13 2007, 10:50 AM

If I were you I'd stop BO completely.
There is a woman from the BE boards that got endometriosis from BO alone. So be careful!
Boobs are not worth your health. Especially since it sounds like your case is serious.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40) Re: Emergency - help! July 15 2007, 7:57 PM

I agree, stop the BO for now until you get things resolved. But honestly it's almost impossible for anyone to say that BO or anything else they took was directly responsible for any certain illness because there's no way to ever know what is coincidence and what isn't when it comes to taking things for NBE and illnesses coming about during that time.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon