Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

how to measure your bra size

heya, i was wondering if someone could help me. i have been trying to find my real bra size by looking up advice on the internet, which has told me i'm an a cup, b cup, c cup AND a d cup lol. but most have said 32b.
the problem is, i have tried 32 bra sizes in the past and they are far too tight so i stick with 34 bra sizes. i'm just unsure of my cup size! c cups seem to big and b cups too small.
does anyone know the correct way to measure your bra size? i am from the UK
thank you xx

Hi pippymilly-
85b.com seems to be pretty accurate- its above, below and across your boobs. 've gone from a A/B depending on day and brand to a solid B, so hoping i go C soon ish.

I use 85b.org, as well, and I have found that it is pretty accurate!

However, nothing is better than simply trying on the bras to figure out your size, because the measuring tape can be misleading.

Okay I tried the 85B.org site and it says I'm a 32DD which would be accurate. I'm not sure how accurate it is for everyone, but seems like it is for me.

Now the correct way to measure your bra size from what I've found is to make sure your not breathing all the way in or out, find a happy medium between your lungs fully filled and emptied. Stay at that and hold the measuring tape taunt around your ribs right under your breasts, their is usually a little dip in the ribs there, measure there. You take that measurement, which for be is between 27-28 inches and add 4 for an even number and 5 for an odd number. So for example if I get 27 inches, I add 5 and get 32, if I get 28 inches I add 4 and get 32. 32 is my band size. Okay now you measure the fullest part of your breasts holding the tape not tight and not to loose. I get a measurement right now of 37 inches. Okay now you take your breast measurement and your band size and subtract the band size from the breast measurement. So for me it's 37 - 32 = 5. Okay now for the number you get after the subtraction:

0 or below = AA cup
1 = A cup
2 = B cup
3 = C cup
4 = D cup
5 = DD cup
6 = E (or F cup)
7 = G cup
and so on.

Now this is for US sizes. UK sizes are usually a cup size bigger or smaller, I can't remember which. HTH

Thanks for this! According to this, I am between an A and a B, although I fit a B just perfect and even spill in some. But I think its good cause when I do measure an official B, I will look much bigger.

I'm so confused x.x

The bra-sizer says I'm an AA, yet, I fit perfectly into any 32 B cups (VS and any other brand), In some brands I even fit into 34 B...

On the other hands, it says that I only have to grow 10 cm from my breast measure (not up nor down) to become a C cup...I'm confused, Because I don't know if what is telling me that, because of my frame size I look like an AA cup, or am I really an AA cup.

And gosh, 10 cm!! It sounds soo little, yet looks like so hard T.T

Hi Lyndalee,

It's very important that you use Anastasia's bra size calculator with Mel's measuring guidelines:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8982&pid=37699#pid37699

If you fit a 32 B, the two together will tell you that you are a 32 B.

Okay so I measured my underbust. IF I am 26" and 33 3/8's then does that make me add an extra number for a 32 Band?

I missed the fact that I no longer measure 27" underbust.

If this is so, the appearance makes me look like I am an official B cup on the bottom half of my breasts and an A on tops? No wonder, I look bigger than what I am.

Other than that, this seems very accurate.

If your underbust is 26" you're a 30 band, they make 30 band bras. They just don't sell them in most stores because it's a rare size. They have 30 band bras on sites like herroom.com

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon