Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Taking breaks from SP?

After a few months reading about herbs I decided to add some to my NBE which consisted of massage and hypnosis. I'm going little by little because my digestive system gets upset very easily, so I'm adding one supplement at a time and checking how my body reacts to it before adding something more.
A few weeks ago I started taking EPO and now I've added Saw Palmetto extract, because I think it may also help with my hirsutism and acne. But I was wondering if I have to take breaks after a few months, or there's no need because it isn't a phytoestrogen? Is there any problem in taking SP for long periods of time?
Sorry if it's been asked before, I've done a search but haven't found anything.Thanks Smile

It really depends how much you are taking. I started taking saw palmetto and had to stop because it made me stressed, anxious, and I started putting on weight in my thighs because of it. Of all NBE herbs, it is probably my least favorite.

As far as I know, it isn't unhealthy to take for long periods of time, but its always beneficial to take short breaks to let your body clean itself out.

Well, I started 9 days ago and I'm taking 320 mg of SP extract, I believe if you're taking it in berry form you need higher dosages¿? How much were you taking?
I guess it's too soon to notice any side effect, but gaining weight in my thighs would be a drawback. My butt and thighs are rather generous already so I'd go crazy if I gained extra inches lol. I'm losing some weight and exercising a bit lately, so perhaps that's enough to keep them at bay but I hope all the volume goes to my boobs! I'll tell you in a few months!
And Bela, do you take teas or other supplements to help cleanse the organism during breaks or just let the body do the work? I read some people take milk thistle for cleansing the liver.
Thanks much for replying Smile

I was taking quite a lot of Saw Palmetto. Probably between 2-3 g a day. Mostly because I was ill-informed about the way NBE works. Needless to say, I worked things out and now my program is working, without SP lol.
But yes, as you continue to take it, be careful, especially since you don't really care for putting on extra weight in your legs and butt. I'm not the first to complain about it's negative effects. A couple of months after I stopped taking it, my legs returned to normal, but I was definitely worried for a bit there.

I like to take antioxidants during my breaks. Green tea, acai, things like that. Sometimes I drink them in teas but most of the time I just take it in capsule form. I prefer to do things in a natural way, but my life is pretty hectic so its easier to me to just set aside the supplements ahead of time and take them quickly before I leave for the day.

I've heard a lot of good things about milk thistle as a cleanser, but I haven't tried it. Good luck! Smile

Yeah I've been reading the thread "SP=bigger thighs" I wonder if I'll be one more in the club! I've just measured my hips and thighs and I'll check them regularly just in case they get out of control. I don't mind increasing a little but I don't want them to make me update all my wardrobe!
I've made a note of your suggestions for cleansing. I used to drink green tea in the past and loved it, so I may take it too when the time for break comes.
Thanks for all your advice and good luck to you too Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon