Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Home made breast pump?

I went to Harbor Freight today to look at vacuum pumps. For the sturdy type they wanted about $50.00 USD. So I might go ahead and order a Noogleberry rather than make my own.

Just saw this thread about home-made pumps, and yes you can modify a relatively cheap aquarium pump to produce suction instead positive pressure. You do need to find the correct type of pump, but after that it's pretty easy (yes, I have done it.) In my experience it can produce 5 to 8 in. Hg of suction which is more than enough to produce results.

Good pics and description at this link:
http://garage-shoppe.com/wordpress/?p=109

I personally modified a Rena Air 300

(10-02-2012, 03:44 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  Just saw this thread about home-made pumps, and yes you can modify a relatively cheap aquarium pump to produce suction instead positive pressure. You do need to find the correct type of pump, but after that it's pretty easy (yes, I have done it.) In my experience it can produce 5 to 8 in. Hg of suction which is more than enough to produce results.

Good pics and description at this link:
http://garage-shoppe.com/wordpress/?p=109

I personally modified a Rena Air 300

chrishoney,
I went ahead and ordered a Noogleberry. I received the Noogleberry yesterday. See my post: Received my Noogleberry
I would think it would be to easy to over pump using the aquarium pump modification. For now the Noogleberry hand pump system is working as desired.
Janet

When I was looking around for a breast pump, I read several reviews of the inexpensive ones available online for $10 to $30. The experience of the people posting at that time (Fall 2008) was that they were pretty shoddy. They had problems with the pump breaking, the cups breaking, the tubing splitting. In fact, the only thing that seemed to work just fine was the seller banking their money. This is just hearsay as I bought a Noogleberry through eBay and have been pretty happy with it despite the fact that I don't use it much and it didn't accomplish much. The device is rock solid, my dedication wasn't. Ok, my nipples protrude more now, but still I am almost an AAA or maybe an AA cup Sad .

Checking Paypal, I see that I paid $54 USD back then (3 1/2 years ago) and the current price on eBay is $63 which isn't too bad an increase. Those prices include shipping to USA from UK.

One caveat, pay attention to the cup size. The "default" posting from Noogleberry is for Medium, but buried in the instructions is a comment that you can get either Small or Large by just emailing them or doing what I did which was to put a comment on the Paypal payment form that I wanted the Large. I think I also emailed them as I bought the soft rings on the same order, tried them once and decided to not use them. I can't quite remember why, maybe air leaked out around them (which I kind of doubt), but probably because the bare cups were pretty comfy.

Someone once told me that it pays to buy quality as you'll regret buying a shoddy product long after you enjoy having saved a few dollars.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon