Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca Root?

Perhaps Isabelle might be best able to answer this question. I just got Maca root and want to use it to increase a feminine form but someone said that it increases Testosterone as well. But I also heard this last week on Dr. Oz that Maca root function is to help regulate hormones. So I am not sure which it is...

As a transgendered person I do not want to increase my Testosterone nor do I want it to counteract all the estrogen I am consuming..

So whats the deal? Does it regulate hormones or increase hormones? Does it increase Testosterone?
How should I take it as a transgendered person? How much? What should I look out for?

I really want a more feminine butt and such...

What are your thoughts?
rebekah

(19-01-2012, 06:29 PM)Rebekah Wrote:  Perhaps Isabelle might be best able to answer this question. I just got Maca root and want to use it to increase a feminine form but someone said that it increases Testosterone as well. But I also heard this last week on Dr. Oz that Maca root function is to help regulate hormones. So I am not sure which it is...

As a transgendered person I do not want to increase my Testosterone nor do I want it to counteract all the estrogen I am consuming..

So whats the deal? Does it regulate hormones or increase hormones? Does it increase Testosterone?
How should I take it as a transgendered person? How much? What should I look out for?

What are your thoughts?
rebekah

Maca is very confusing. I think that it maca doesn't work in your favor during NBE. Maca is what is called an "adaptogen" it will make your adrenal glands produce more DHEA and DHEA reads what hormone your body needs more of. Now during NBE our estrogen is on the high side and the DHEA will read that, thus it will transform into testosterone which is counter-productive to NBE.

I say if you want to try maca increase your anti-androgen as well, take more saw palmetto and slowly add maca in and see what happens. If you NBE slows down or stops, you know what the culprit it.

It both regulates and increases hormones it regulates by increasing the opposite hormone your body needs. If you have too much estrogen it increases your testosterone.

Thats what I know. I would do more research

Gogirlanime,

Thanks for the information...

I currently take 2250 mgs of Saw Palmetto a day.. Would that be enough? or need to increase more?

rebekah

(19-01-2012, 06:38 PM)gogirlanime Wrote:  
(19-01-2012, 06:29 PM)Rebekah Wrote:  Perhaps Isabelle might be best able to answer this question. I just got Maca root and want to use it to increase a feminine form but someone said that it increases Testosterone as well. But I also heard this last week on Dr. Oz that Maca root function is to help regulate hormones. So I am not sure which it is...

What are your thoughts?
rebekah

Maca is very confusing. I think that it maca doesn't work in your favor during NBE. Maca is what is called an "adaptogen" it will make your adrenal glands produce more DHEA and DHEA reads what hormone your body needs more of. Now during NBE our estrogen is on the high side and the DHEA will read that, thus it will transform into testosterone which is counter-productive to NBE.

I say if you want to try maca increase your anti-androgen as well, take more saw palmetto and slowly add maca in and see what happens. If you NBE slows down or stops, you know what the culprit it.

It both regulates and increases hormones it regulates by increasing the opposite hormone your body needs. If you have too much estrogen it increases your testosterone.

(19-01-2012, 06:41 PM)Rebekah Wrote:  Gogirlanime,

I currently take 2250 mgs of Saw Palmetto a day.. Would that be enough? or need to increase more?

rebekah

What are your thoughts?
rebekah

Oh wow, you are already taking a lot of Saw Palmetto. I don't think more would be better but you could try. I say just experiment with dosages and see what happens.

Why are you interested in taking maca?

Gogirlanime,

I have read that Maca root can increase the size of the butt, making it fuller and rounder and deeper - thus a more feminine butt.. Blush

rebekah

(19-01-2012, 06:51 PM)gogirlanime Wrote:  

rebekah

What are your thoughts?
rebekah

Oh wow, you are already taking a lot of Saw Palmetto. I don't think more would be better but you could try. I say just experiment with dosages and see what happens.

This is because it increases testosterone in women to have testosterone levels close to a man's to increase the muscles in your butt. Maca works best when women lift weights and take maca for muscle growth. If you see an increase in your butt taking maca without exercise it is still muscle because you use your butt muscles more than most everyday so it's only natural that your muscles will grow more there than anywhere else. I think its best if you get to your NBE goals first and then take maca for butt growth. In the meantime lift heavy weights

(19-01-2012, 06:54 PM)Rebekah Wrote:  Gogirlanime,

I have read that Maca root can increase the size of the butt, making it fuller and rounder and deeper - thus a more feminine butt.. Blush

rebekah

(19-01-2012, 06:51 PM)gogirlanime Wrote:  

rebekah

What are your thoughts?
rebekah

I use 3,000 mg of maca root flour. It acts as if it increases DHEA, but free DHEA is difficult to measure in experiments, because there is very little of it. So any statement about DHEA is difficult to prove.

Testosterone is made from DHEA. Estrogens are made from testosterone. So you need testosterone for NBE. The anti-androgen blocks testosterone from becoming DHT. Testosterone grows muscle. DHT grows facial and body hair, causes male pattern baldness, and acne.

Walk a lot, and use the stairs. If you do work out, try squats, lunges, and donkey kicks. But only do those for 10 minutes or so. Long and strenuous work outs increase cortisol. That will only grow your gut, certainly in combination with a high carb diet.

So, Isabelle, you recommend some of us to take Maca for the purpose of NBE? Can it be taken along with fenugreek, Wild Yam, and Saw Palmetto (I have some Greenbush pills that contain a combination of these three herbs)? This is my first time taking these herbs after a round of 12 days on PM, when I come back to my PM, is it acceptable to take Maca along with it?

Hi Rosance,

It's very safe to take it with WY, FG, and SP, but don't take too much. You want progesterone in the second half of the cycle, not too much estrogens.

It's more logical to take maca together with PM in the first half of the cycle, because it increases estrogens. Watch out for estrogen dominance symptoms, like headaches.

I will definitely do this then: Take PM and Maca together on the first half and WY, FG, and SP and the second. Would it be okay to take Evening Primrose and Flaxseed Oil continuously? In addition to this, I will be taking a Hair, Skin, and Nails Vitamins.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon