Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vitex questions!

I'm eager to start an NBE program but I've had so many bad experiences with birth control pills that I recently quit using them and I an suspicious if my hormones are totally out of wack.

I SHOULD be getting my period right about now (been off of it for about a month) but I have a feeling I will be late (and no, no chance of pregnancy).

Before I ever went on birth control (I was 18), I hardly ever had a regular period and I think that was a huge sign that I wasn't developing right. I tried to tell my mom and doctors but they all dismissed me, and I was too embarrassed to tell the doctor about my breasts. I have mildly tuberous breasts and I think my hormones were largely to blame.

So my question to all of you nbe experts out there is should I use vitex to balance my hormones? How should I use it? What dosage and for how long? And what are some possible side effects? I've researched the herb a bit already, but I would like to read up on it from those who have actually used vitex Smile

Thanks everybody!

My sister was having excessive bleeding problems and got better on vitex after maybe 2 or 3 months. Vitex works in part by weakly activating prolactin receptors, which leads to more progesterone I think. Too much will flood the receptors and block your own stronger prolactin, making things worse rather than better. Try around 100 mg. I think 40-125 mg is fine.

www.pubmed.gov also has a hundred positive studies on vitex. Search "vitex agnus castus" since there's another different "vitex" plant.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon