Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BRAVA NEW USER- NEED HELP!!!

Hi Ladies,

I just got my brava today, I bought a second hand system on Ebay and they look great, the domes are in good condition and luckily they fit me...

However, I don't have any experience on using the system, and they don't have the instruction book. on Youtube I only can get 2 part of instruction (to attach and remove the domes).

So, I have some questions below and I really need your help:

1. Do I need to buy the brava skin care kit? and the body lotion in the kit is for during pumping or after pumping?

2. What type of cream/gel or spray is the good for the suction during pumping?

3. The prep wipes? how to use it?

4. The suction of brava is not strong as I used to pump with Noogleberry (hand pump), I even didn't feel the skin stretching until 30 minutes after the smartbox stop working. I feel the breast tissue is pull out a little bit only not like with the handpump I could pump the boobs look bigger inside the domes...Smile, so is this normal or not?

5. How to know the smart box is still working right or have something wrong that may cause the wrong suction? because I bought the second hand system which was used 10 months from other great lady on Ebay... so I wonder if the smartbox is still work right?

6. Could you please help me where to find instruction for cleaning the domes? I could not find it on youtube... I'm very appreciated if some one can send me a full instruction vcd or manual via my email. Pls let me know then I can send you my email address. Thanks a lot in advance

Any in put are very appreciated,

Best regards,
Jen

Hey Jen, and congratulations on your Brava =)

1 and 3. I did not use any brava skin care kit. I just put the brava roll on, which is the same as the prep wipes, on clean skin before putting the domes on. You have to wait a little while before putting the domes on, letting the thing (can't think of an english word) dry on your skin first. Hygene is very important to prevent rashes and try not to sweat much as you sleep Wink

2. You do NOT put any cream or lotion on your breasts before pumping because it is damaging for the domes. You can use some after if you want, but I never did.

4. I hardly saw any swelling the first nights. It builds up gradually. The swelling is much less then on Noogleberry but after about 6 weeks your breasts will be swollen all day and look so nice =) So less swelling that after some time stays much longer then the noogleberry swelling.

5. Turn on the alarm. If the smart box stops working the alarm should go off. If the smartbox doesn't work, you will not get any swelling Wink

6. I just washed my domes with water. I don't sweat during the night so I didn't use any form of soap. I have very sensitive skin so I rinsed it well in warm water.

I think this is everything. The first night will be horrible but it will get better. Never forget that.
Good luck
Rosie

cousinrose,

how long did you use the brava system for, and how much growth did you get out of it? did you ever experiment with using both the brava and noogleberry (i.e. brava at night and noogling during the day).

thanks so much for the info!

I used the Brava system for 12 weeks and over 12 hours a day. I gained about 1 cup size after it and a better shape. I always wanted to experiment with Brava and noogleberry but haven't gotten around to it. My Brava domes are now not sticky anymore so it is hard to get suction and my boyfriend is coming to visit me for a few weeks and no way I am wearing it infront of him Wink

when the brava domes lose their stickiness, do you have to buy new ones or are there sticky gels you can apply to them to make them useable again?

the brava system is soooo expensive! do you have any tips for making the domes last as long as possible? do you find that the domes generally last for about 12 weeks?

(11-02-2012, 07:41 PM)CousinRose Wrote:  Hey Jen, and congratulations on your Brava =)

1 and 3. I did not use any brava skin care kit. I just put the brava roll on, which is the same as the prep wipes, on clean skin before putting the domes on. You have to wait a little while before putting the domes on, letting the thing (can't think of an english word) dry on your skin first. Hygene is very important to prevent rashes and try not to sweat much as you sleep Wink

2. You do NOT put any cream or lotion on your breasts before pumping because it is damaging for the domes. You can use some after if you want, but I never did.

4. I hardly saw any swelling the first nights. It builds up gradually. The swelling is much less then on Noogleberry but after about 6 weeks your breasts will be swollen all day and look so nice =) So less swelling that after some time stays much longer then the noogleberry swelling.

5. Turn on the alarm. If the smart box stops working the alarm should go off. If the smartbox doesn't work, you will not get any swelling Wink

6. I just washed my domes with water. I don't sweat during the night so I didn't use any form of soap. I have very sensitive skin so I rinsed it well in warm water.

I think this is everything. The first night will be horrible but it will get better. Never forget that.
Good luck
Rosie

Hi Rosie,
I'm very appreciated for your reply and congratulation on your growth, thanks a lot for sharing the experience

2. I tried just put the domes on without any cream supported, but I feel it kind of hard on the skin. I read some where that some one can use the spray/serum or cream for the suction (during pumping), but I'm not sure if they cause the domes damaged...Smile

5. For the alarm on smartbox: I don't see any light indicated that the alarm is on or off, so when I press the power button, I can hear the noise, and then I press the alarm, but I don;t know it is on or off, I don't see any green light or any signal to let me know it is on or off. How do you know?

Thanks for your input,
Best rgds,
Jen

lled34aa: It varies how long they last I guess. I remember some girls taking about a product called "it stays" that worked good after the domes lost their stickiness but I never tried that. I think it holds clothing on the skin, like tops.

My tip: Too much suction, like using an airlock, damages the domes very quickly. So just use the smartbox suction to keep from damaging them.

Jen: You should use the wipes as they make a protection barrier between the skin and the domes. You put it on your skin where the domes touch it. I never had the wipes, only the roll on, but I never used the domes without using the roll on on my skin first as I heard that gives you a rash. It was very clear from the Brava makers that you should not use lotion/oils/spray while using Brava.

The sound means that the alarm is on. There is no light or anything to indicate it. However, if you loose suction the smartbox will make a sound while it tries to get pressure again and I always woke up by that sound so I wouldn't worry to much about the alarm.

Hi Rosie,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I have no idea what type of Wipes are you mentioning? I have ordered a skin care kit from brava on Ebay and they have Prep wipes including, is this the one that you are mentioning?
What type of roll on that you are using? and what it looks like?

I don't know why I read on brava instruction they say that:
" Every day before putting the domes, gently wipe the breast and axillary area with BREAST SKIN WASH and water (or with a mild detergent preferably bought in pharmacies), then carefully dry the entire chest area. This important phase will remove the layers of dead skin cells from the area where the domes will be in contact with the skin. It 'also important to cleanse the area axillary, to remove any residue of deodorant, powder or cream that risks to come in contact with the adhesive base of the domes. Apply the Protective Barrier Spray around the breasts, exactly where they're going to place the domes and above the sternum"...."

So I have no idea what type of this Spray they are talking about, because I ordered the brava skin care kit and they don't have this spray including...Smile

Thanks a lot for your input,
Best
Jen

Hi, Jen,

Have you seen this: http://www.brava.com/user-support-guide.asp ?

It has most of the things my instruction manual has, and after that you sort of start to experiment. I'll be happy to share what I've tried, but I'm not sure if that's the correct way to go necessarily. I do follow all of the cleaning safe keeping instructions. My domes are still pretty sticky. (I used it for 9 weeks so far), though I'm not sure where they'll be after 22-23 weeks I plan on using it.

By the way, after you finish your brava session, place your smart box upside down into the little grey tray that comes with it and let it run for about 15 minutes. Do not do wet clean, brava used to say it was necessary but people kept breaking their boxes now they suggest you use filters instead.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon