Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Isabelle, How Do You Use Fenugreek For Waist Slimming?

Isabelle, in your program thread I seen you mentioning that you don't use Fenugreek after carbs and at first it releases insulin and after a month or so it helps to slim the waist.

I'm wondering how to use it myself... I eat carbs throughout the day - snacks and with every meal. How long after eating carbs should I wait before taking Fenugreek? I'm worried that, since I eat throughout the day, even if I take Fenugreek before carbs it'll still be after a previous carb snack/meal enough to cause trouble.

Also, since you mentioned it working differently after a month, I would like to know if it's something we can safely take everyday for years at a time, or do we need to break periodically?

Thank you so much in advance if you decide to share your experiences on this. Smile Trying to gain weight for NBE and went 15 lbs up so far, but some of it landed on my belly Sad

Hi leeannel,

I don't use Fenugreek after carbs because it lowers blood sugar after a few hours. After eating sugar, you get a sugar rush for about fifteen minutes. The next two or three hours, you have low energy. I time fenugreek and carbs so as not to let the two dips in blood sugar coincide. I reported one occasion in my program thread when I saw black before my eyes.

The timing of fenugreek before the carbs can vary. If you eat fenugreek at least two hours after the last snack and at least twenty minutes before the next one, it gets through the digestive tract fast: in twenty minutes. Then it makes the pancreas shoot insulin into the blood stream, and that makes energy from blood sugar. So in that case, you just take the fenugreek, wait at least twenty minutes, and have your snack. If you take the fenugreek closer to a snack, it spends up to two hours in the intestine, so you have to wait longer before the next snack.

Over time, fenugreek improves insulin sensitivity, so the pancreas can afford to make less insulin for the same effect on blood sugar. So over time, insulin decreases, which contributes to waist slimming.

I don't know if a break helps. After my break in June, my waist slimmed faster for a month. But that was also the part of the school holidays the kids spend with my ex, so I didn't succumb to the worldly temptations of nice dinners and desserts.

Congratulations with the weight gain. If you snack on carbs, keeping it off your waist may be difficult though. The title question of your post is a bit complicated to answer:
"Isabelle, How Do You Use Fenugreek For Waist Slimming?"

A runaway waist size is a consequence of four factors:
1) A high carb diet
2) High insulin
3) High cortisol
4) Supplements or medication that ruin insulin sensitivity, for instance glucosamine.

Especially insulin and cortisol cand send each other spiralling upward. Eat low carb and time the fenugreek right to keep insulin low. Avoid stress and long, strenuous exercise to keep cortisol low.

Since the carbs increase insulin, low carb snacks help. I switched to eggs, cheese, boiled ham, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, Frankfurter sausages. I use half a loaf of dark brown bread with visible grains a week, less than 200 g of sweetened breakfast cereals a week, and no fruit.

Thanks so much, Isabelle, that clears up a lot of my confusion.

I guess I will have to cut down on carbs soon. I hope I can maintain my weight with less carbs.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon