Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Wahaika or the other experts out there please help. [archive thread]

Wahaika or the other experts out there please help.
November 5 2009 at 12:06 AM aerie84 (Login aerie84)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

its been a while since I posted anything, mainly because I kind of quit the whole herbals. I just didnt seem to find it beneficial to me and felt I was taking in all these extra vitamins and substances that I didnt need and werent helping me anyway. I tried taking fenugreek individually with hops and other vitamins over the summer but nothing really happened.

Anyways,
recently I went to my gyno to inquire about my monthly pain due to ovulation and howI want more regular periods since they have been 45 days long to 28 days long and everything in between....so I wanted to regulate them...my gyno said it was very normal to have irregular cycles and that birth control pills could help if I wanted to try....

I started taking NOrdette birth control pills about 3 weeks ago. I felt soo freaking bloated while I was on them that it was disgusting, and YES my boobs DEF got bigger while on it, but I felt bigger everywhere else...so I decided to quit them after the 2 weeks I was on em (only two weeks and I def had my boobs feeling bigger!). Stupid me, I shouldve finished the pack because I ended up having breakthrough bleeding for a week, two days after I stopped them....

I called my doctor and she said that I could just start a new pack the sunday of when I get my period which I didnt get it yet cuz its only been three weeks but should get it next week if things are on time...but they may not be.

Now, do you think its a good idea to take the BCP's to get my periods regular and get my boobs bigger?? or do BCP's only cause fluid retention (because as soon as I stopped, I felt everything go down, and really UNBLOATED again).

I believe there has to be some other supplement that can regulate my period and increase my b rests just like the BCP's...

I was looking into pueraria mirifica...what do you think??

I'll be waiting patiently for your reply..hehe

Author Reply
PrincessLyn
(Login PrincessLyn) Re: Wahaika or the other experts out there please help. November 5 2009, 12:44 AM

This is a good question, I was wondering about regulating my cycle as well. I was going to go to the gyno to look into birth control, but I really don't want all those extra side effects that might come along with it. I hope someone answers this

~~Lyn

Edit Message Delete Message

aerie84
(Login aerie84) BCP's November 5 2009, 3:54 AM

Yeah tell me about it.

Im so confused...i really hope someone who knows what they're talking about can answer this questiong cuz its hard to make the decision to go on with birth control.

Personally I believe messing with the endocrine system is a big mistake, but so many women do it, maybe its not as bad as we think?

I HAVE experienced some POSITIVE things sice taking the birth control, and even now that I stopped...I have clearer skin, and any stray hairs that I may have had are gone or not growing anymore. Maybe its a sign that its doing good for my body?

A Dr. of mine used to always tell me, "I can't even count how many times women came back to me asking questions about problems they had with BCP's and concieving afterwards and the bad long term effects it had on their bodies."

Maybe if we all ate right, exercised, and gave our bodies the attention they need we wouldnt have all these problems? nor need any supplements?

**also, another question of mine was about absorption of the herbs into the system. I have to say that all the times I took the herbs, they pretty much all came out in the toilet. My urine was bright green and smelt of fenugreek. Is that a sign that its really not working and just giving our kidneys more work to do? Or do they still get absorbed and have some sort of effect?

Im just wondering if taking the BCP is a valid way to increase breast size and tissue. One of the websites I visited claimed that MACA increased breast Glandular tissue and not the fat. Is that how herbs work?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Wahaika or the other experts out there please help. November 5 2009, 4:08 AM

I have never really been a fan of birth control for any purpose. But for any BC some of the things you have brought up are always questions that you should ask yourself.

How do you feel while you are on it? Lots of energy? Depressed? Bloated?

What are the physical effects on your body? (Different BCs act differently on each woman.)

What are the reported of potential side effects? Read up on it on drugs.com ( http://www.drugs.com/mtm/nordette.html )

After reading that, do you get the impression that it is healthy and safe? Do you really want that in your body?

My opinion is that it is not worth it for bigger boobs, cycle regulation (if it ever really does that), or for birth control. I think that this stuff just looks too dangerous. But then that is my opinion of HRT and BC in general.

In order to regulate your cycle with herbs such as PM, you need to look at what kind of symptoms you have and try to get a complete picture.

Do you have any ovarian cysts? Irregular cycles can be caused by that but you will need your doctor to take a look in some way - like an ultrasound. Have you always had 28 to 45 day cycles? Any consistency at all in cycle length since menarche? Do you get any midcycle bleeding? Do you get headaches? Are you too cold or too hot all the time? Are you full of energy or tired? Are you losing hair? Growing unwanted hair? Acne? What is your age? Have you had children? If so, were they breastfed? What is your height /weight? Do you have a healthy diet or is it a lot of starch and/or sugars? Do you get exercise?

In general, if scattered cycles are a relatively recent occurance, you may be looking at ovarian cysts. I would get that ruled out before continuing on any other path.

Smile

Wahaika

Aerie84
(Login aerie84) Thanks November 5 2009, 4:40 AM

Hey wahaika,

thanks for the reply.

I have pretty much always had an irregular cycle...it was never EXACT so to speak. Always at least a few days late to a week or 2 late. I had a gyno check me with and ultrasound to see if indeed I has PCOS or any cysts and he told me I was fine and he didnt see anything in there.

I talked to this last gyno who prescribe me the BCP's and she said that she just thinks that my irregularness is very normal and alot more common than you think and that its probably just my regular stress and irregular life in general.

My family doctor performed various blood tests on me to check my hormone levels, including cortisol, DHEA, and testosterone..and the results came back normal.

I try to follow a healthy diet, but I may eat an extra calorie or two here and there. Ive been exercising regularly for the past few months and that may have an effect in irregularness. Im always usually stressed about something. Vacations always throw it off. etc etc.

So she said that she just assumes that my body is very sensitive to all these changes and throws off my cycle.

I personally am just getting sick of worrying about what day my period will come or wont come.

Im 25 years old, quit smoking in january, rarely drink anymore (cuz theres no time to go out..lol) and dont have any kids.
Im one of those girls whos usually always cold. I'm always tired (I also have irregular sleeping patterns), have been prescribed Xanax for anxiety from my doctor (but I never take it cuz I know about their addictive properties).

I'm generally healthy, as far as I know at least. My periods are sometimes painful but not always, and not any more painful than normal. and like I mentioned before, I used to get some stray hairs growing on the 'happy trail' line and its stopped ever since I took the BCP pills like 3 weeks ago.

I stopped taking the BCP's because of how bloated I was in only 2 weeks of taking it and thats is because I have always been concerned with my weight. I have always been thin, but that is because I always watched my calories, and exercised. when I gain weight, I tend to put it it on PRIMARILY in my face, hips, thighs, butt, and that is why I hate it because it makes my boobs look smaller because, no matter what I do, I usually put weight on in my hips and they are always bigger than my boobs. If I put on weight in my boobs first and then butt I wouldnt mind.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Wahaika or the other experts out there please help. November 5 2009, 9:28 PM

It looks like the gyno that says it's normal for you to be irregular really means that it is not uncommon, not that it is correct.

Stress will definitely have an effect on cycle length. If you think that stress is a major factor, then you might want to get it under control because stress will eventually eat you from the inside out. Don't worry about it, but track it carefully. Start keeping a journal/diary. This will not only help you to see potential patterns but it is a great way to get things off your mind on onto paper. If you need to remember what to be stressed about you can always go back and reread it to remind yourself. You would be amazed at how much destressing you do just by writing things down.

The stray hairs sound like a rise in testosterone, or possibly free testosterone. If you have a sugary or starchy diet, this could be the cause. Get some good fats and proteins.

Putting on fat in those places can be good. Targeting fat accumulation to the breasts is very unlikely. The body puts fat on organs as a last (or later) resort. That is why you lose from the breasts first and gain on them last. It is also a different fat. Fat accumulation due to estrogen and fat accumulation due to insulin are different. Add to that the idea that during the months approaching winter your body naturally wants to put on weight to keep warm rather than growing breasts.

But not enough to solve the problem so far. What about the other issues listed above?

aerie
(Login aerie84) other issues. November 6 2009, 12:53 AM

hello wahaika, and thank you for the response.

here are some more answers to some of the questions.

Have you always had 28 to 45 day cycles? yes I always have...Im pretty regular in that regard..as in I can count on it being late. I just always went by expecting my period the same number day I got it the month before (for example nov.5 and the next month would be dec.5th)..and It usually came around then..if not it was usually late by a week or two...but I always got it.

Any consistency at all in cycle length since menarche?no

Do you get any midcycle bleeding? Nope.

Do you get headaches? nope

Are you too cold or too hot all the time? Im usually one of those who is always cold, and colder than others who are cold, but not unnaturally so

Are you full of energy or tired? Usually tired...always have been. Im more of a night person, and get all my energy at night..mornings are awful for me...and getting up early, no matter how much sleep I get, is always resuling in me needing a nap by mid day

Are you losing hair? No, I have thick hair..although I always have a period of time during the beginning of fall right after summer, where I "shed" and then my hair gets thick again after October.

Growing unwanted hair? well, yes...but I have a confession to make and I really hope no one judges me for it...but I had an abortion when I was really young. I was scared and I really regret it forever but theres nothing I can do about it now and wish I never did it. nonetheless, when I was pregnant, I began growing dair hairs on the happy trail line leading to the vagina from the belly button that I never had before and they never stopped coming up after I had what I had done. theyre not in abundance but the ones that do come up i usually pluck with tweezers, and I dont know if the pregnancy had anything to do with hormonal issues I may be experiencing. But like I said, when I started taking the BCP pill, I began to see them go away, and even now that I stopped they are hardly there anymore. And I was only on em for 2 weeks!

Acne? I did, but its really gotten under control now..ever since summer time everything went away...I think I was breaking out mainly cuz of stress of losing a family member this year because as soon as the person passed away, i broke out bad and no cream I put on my face would get rid of it...but its really pretty much gone now except for the breakouts 2 weeks before my period. ( thats how I know Im getting it by the way is cuz I break out and get PMS 2 weeks beforehand)

What is your age? 25

What is your height /weight? Im 5'4" and 105lbs.

Do you have a healthy diet or is it a lot of starch and/or sugars? I'd say its healthy.the occassional slip up but I try to keep that at a minimum

Do you get exercise? yes, more anaerobic exercises more than I do aerobic

also, what do you mean by the statement that, "fat in those place can be good?"

I just really want a way to make sure my hormones are doing what they have to do.

My doctor says I have anxiety and it should be controlled with xanax whenever I get "anxious" attacks, like the ones I randomly get even when I just think about things that could happen to me. For example, I can be sitting in a movie theater where someone will be talking about heart attacks in the movie and Ill begin to worry myself that heart attacks can happen to me. Usually Ill begin to feel numb in my neck and face and then ill get the anxiety feeling.

PrincessLyn
(Login PrincessLyn) Re: Wahaika or the other experts out there please help. November 6 2009, 3:11 AM

WOW... my cycle is the same. It comes on the same day it ended. If not its like a day before or a day after, and I usually get it late Saturday, or Sunday- Tuesday. Occasionally it will come on a Thursday night or Friday night, but I rarely get it on a Wednesday. That is as regular as it's ever been. But wow, I thought I was just weird or something because it was coming like that lol.

~~Lyn

Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon