Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why doesn't goat's rue tea give me swelling?

Hi mochaccino,

You do have a point there: I am strangely sensitive to prolactin. When my ex was in her first pregnancy, I bought a book about fathering. The book was only about one thing: If I would just team up with her during the pregnancy, fathering would come naturally. I did, and when she started breast feeding, I felt I wanted to do that too. There is research showing that men's hormone levels change by being around their pregnant wives a lot, and by living the pregnancy with them. One change is increased prolactin. I have no idea how this works, but apparently, the system must be triggered somehow.

It worked! I got slightly more than a 1/4" of swelling after the first cup. They looked obviously different, felt a littke heavy, and hurt. That answers my question about GR, but it doesn't answer my question about the timing of the tea. Its too bad I suck at changing only one parameter. I drank the tea after a meal by also boiled it for 20 min rather than letting it sit in hot water off the heat. Ill get a chance to test timing again when it's officialy time for me to take GR again. Thanks everyone Big Grin

Congratulations Big Grin

Soo happy for you. GR is fun.

I want to do some timing experiments too. But it will take a lot of measurements: I want to check timing of the measurement after the GR, timing of GR between meals, dose during the day, etc.

Wow, congratulations! I am currently taking a break from GR during my period as it does not seem to affect me as much as in the beginning and will try to boil a larger amount when I am back on GR next week like you did, mochaccino.

Isabelle, I agree that men respond to pregnancy during pregnancy of their wife/partner. A lot of men seem to grow a belly together with their wifes during pregnancy. It is really interesting. I am wondering if this is why you repond to prolactin better now as well. I breastfed my daughter about a year ago and I also respond rather well to prolactin now.

I normally don't boil herbs, for fear that the phytochemicals I need are not thermally stable. But I want to try it too now.

Luisa,

I think you're right. Living it makes my body remember it. I just wonder how this experience can help women who never were pregnant or breastfed??

Hi Isabelle,

Perhaps those who were never pregnant can start with a large dose the way you did?

Apparently, prolactin levels vary throughout the day and night — they're highest during sleep, just after waking up, following strenuous exercise, and during periods of emotional stress so I am now thinking of trying to take my GR tea 1) after breakfast and 2) just before going to bed to see if it may help with swelling as well.

When I was nursing my baby I tried to do it at night in the darkness since the light can influence the prolactin levels and was always waking up a few hours later in the morning full with milk. My milk supply in the morning till about noon was also the best which confirms the above claims.

Hi luisa,

You're right again. I always drink my first cup before breakfast. It gives me good swelling.

Voy a probar ese té me interesa mucho , estoy a dieta y con dos kilos que he perdido tambien he notado que he bajado de pecho y con lo poco que ya tengo...me animo a probar con rue de cabra o galega.

Isabelle,
I just got a scale & measured the GR powder I have. One tsp. measures at 2.3 GM. I've been drinking 3 tsp. 3 times a day GR tea. Am I overdosing? (I get good swelling from it).
Thanks for sharing your immense knowledge.

Hi lostacres6,

The only symptom of hyperprolactinemia in women is skipping periods, so you don't have to worry. During pregnancy, prolactin increases tenfold. What you are doing is actually what completes breast development in pregnant women.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon