Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Streeeeeetch Marks

I always wonder about the effect of topicals on stretch marks. I get them very easily as my skin is pretty thin. I had a look at carboxy therapy which is supposed to help them. Also some lasers are good at removing the redness and others help with the white ones. I haven't tried these as they're pricey options but I'd love to!

My friend got a Premium membership at Planet Fitness, and they have a treatment there for stretch marks, apparently. He gets it done every week, I think. His stretch marks are actually starting to go away! It's been a good few treatments for him, but since he gets them with his membership, he doesn't mind!

I've also read that I think Vaseline can be used for stretch marks, but I haven't seen results from anyone who's actually used it, but it's worth a try. ^^;

I don't know how I don't have any stretch marks. :/ I didn't even know there was such a thing as the white/purple-ish ones until my friend showed me hers. They just look like scars to me. I told her she could tell everyone she got attacked by a shark or something. LOL

Bio oil is supposed to help, but it hasn't helped her any. I think people think it works so well because it reflects light away from the marks and makes them look lighter. I haven't heard of any long term results from that stuff, and everyone who says they saw an improvement also said once they stopped using it, they saw them get worse again. Unfortunately, that's how a good bit of those stretch mark creams work.

When I was in middle school I developed a lot in a short period of time (kinda lost it though, don't know why...) but my grandma gave me stri-vectin to apply to the marks. It definitely helped when I was using it, I quit using it too early since it was a hassle it seemed like but my marks have faded over the years.

Basically keeping your skin moist is good thing as well. Plus to draw attention away, try bronzer or a sparkly lotion to help detract attention while attempting to help the marks fade.

So...I just found out I have stretch marks.

I'm so darn pale, it's almost impossible to see. But they're white ones, on my hips stretching to my butt. Sad

As soon as I realized this, I went out and bought cocoa butter and have been using that and Bio Oil twice a day. xD I'm also joining Planet Fitness this week, so I'm going to try out their light therapy as well (it also helps with acne and cellulite!)

Since the stretch marks are white, that means I've had them for a while...like, since puberty...I don't know how I got them in puberty with my small butt/REALLY small hips (especially since they didn't get worse when I suddenly jumped from a size 3 to a size 7 pant this year), but I feel like they're light enough that I'll be able to fix them fairly easily over time.

I'm also going to keep applying cocoa butter to my breasts and butt/hips every day from now on, to prevent any more marks from appearing.

Has any of you tried Elancyl creme for stretch marks? It's to prevent and fade stretch marks.
I bought one in August and have been using only at night. I think it will last me 3 more weeks. I bought from Zitomer in NYC since it was impossible to find in LA and couldnt find it on Amazon either.
I have stretch marks since puberty. They seem to be fading now that I am using Elancyl, but I never took pictures to make a comparison.

Hi,

I also have the white ones on hips & bum from puberty, but like u doll, I was a little dot back then so goodness knows why.

They've never bothered me, but I have flax seed oil that I'm now not using for nbe so might use that on them & see.

I used to apply Flax Oil on my bum (was the original reason I purchased it), and it didn't do anything to help. I know I JUST noticed the stretch marks, but if the FSO HAD helped in the two or so months I used it, then that would mean that my stretch marks had been deeper prior, and I definitely would have noticed them then. :/

Ah, ok might not waste my efforts then, thanks Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon