Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wild Yam - Please help!!

Recently I tried a regimen of just wild yam - for the first time ever I was getting growth and noticeable fullness like I never had before! I was taking 2 pills in the morning with a meal, and 1 in the evening with a meal. I use Nature's Way brand, so each pill contains 425mg. I started on day 8 or so of my menstrual cycle and the fullness lasted for a few weeks; then they went back to their normal deflated state after my period for that month ended. I tried taking an extra pill in the evening and that didn't help either - and this month (2nd month of taking the pills, I'm on day 26-28 of my cycle) I noticed spotting! I stopped taking the pills a few days ago. Would anyone happen to know why the fullness just seemed to vanish? And how I could attain it again? I miss the confidence it gave me. Any help would be much appreciated.

I also Noogle every night for 30-40 minutes with a fenugreek and cocoa butter, this hasn't made a difference either. Also, I'm 20, never been pregnant, and on BC. Does me being on BC have anything to do with it?

Hi shewillstruggle,

I wrote about what wild yam does in the second half of this post:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11639&pid=48282#pid48282

It's a complete program by itself, but it doesn't really contain a phyto-estrogen. So a good bcp to take with it would be a combination pill with a fair amount of estrogen, 30 µg or more. The ones with ethinylestradiol are really effective.

Breasts normally deflate towards the end of the period. They are smallest on day five, counting from the first day of the period. Taking more wild yam at that time will not help. It will be more effective in the luteal phase, say from day 16 up to and including day 24. You stopped it a bit early this cycle: that may be the cause of the spotting. If you feel bad PMS, taking one capsule a day will help.

Thank you so much for your help Isabelle! I'm currently on Alesse, I've already done much research on it and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to switch to a new brand, or at least stay off for a while. The estrogen level is too low and androgenicity too high, and I think that has been affecting my breasts and my overall mood big time. As someone who works out everyday, I think I need to lower my androgens. I know a lot of women on here are on the Ortho-Cyclen or Ortho-Try-Cyclen, I may try either of those. I can't wait to start fresh. Thank you again!!

shewillstruggle it's interesting that you got growth just from Wild Yam. I experimented with taking Wild Yam and not taking it while taking PM. I noticed I get increased growth pains when I take Wild Yam on the days I don't take PM.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon