Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Saw Palmetto dangerous for women?

I tried to search saw palmetto and estrogen and couldn't find much:
Don't know how it works, but speculation that might inhibit estrogen receptors along with 10 other things: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25703069
Postulated that saw palmetto stimulates estrogen receptors instead: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20531057
And if anything blocking the conversion of DHT to T might cause the T to become estrogen instead.

Where did you find that info?  I couldn't find a study on it.  I also looked for info on thinning blood before and found that saw palmetto most likely does not thin blood.  Based on several studies.  The issue only came up in the first place because some web article without any references mentioned it.  What source did you find?

It's important that we check the reliability of our information with sources and quantify it too (how strong is it), or else everyone can get confused with 100 different bits of contradictory information.  Many women have used saw palmetto for NBE, sometimes even saw palmetto alone.  So if it is an anti-estrogen at all it must be pretty weak at it.  If it was strong it would be bad for NBE and possibly even cause breasts to shrink.  And without much anti-estrogen effect it would be unlikely to have much rebound.  For that matter I've never been able to find any herb that reduces estrogen much; all were very weak at it.  A great deal of men would love to find it if there was one.

From this on uterine polyps the cause is not known, but existing polyps might grow from estrogen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometrial_polyp#Cause .

What antibiotic were you on?  Some have some estrogenic effect.  A quick search revealed that even those that aren't directly estrogenic can affect estrogen levels in a woman's body.  For example by interfering with estrogen metabolism in the liver.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by cupcake85 - 05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by Doll - 07-06-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by gilly - 08-06-2012, 06:13 AM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by cupcake85 - 09-06-2012, 12:46 AM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by Molly H - 13-06-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by ems - 14-06-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by CousinRose - 18-06-2012, 03:40 AM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by ems - 19-06-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by Mcole - 25-10-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Saw Palmetto dangerous for women? - by surferjoe2007 - 27-10-2017, 12:09 AM