Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[PM, Birth Control, and Cycling] Is it Necessary?

Question 

Hey everyone~ I'm in my third month of PM (my period hasn't started yet so I'm not on it yet but I should start by tomorrow) and I've found a few posts regarding taking birth control and PM and not cycling.

I know you can take PM every day when you're on the shot, but I've found posts from members who take oral contraceptives and because it prevents ovulation, they take PM without cycling and still manage to menstruate. How does that work? I'm guessing the oral contraceptives artificially create the cycle, but is it really okay to not cycle PM when you're on the pill?

I'm on the pill and I'd like to not cycle, but I'm afraid to do this because even though my BC blocks ovulation, my body still behaves normally as if I'm ovulating. I still get the cervical mucus changes, the temperature drop, occasional mittelschmerz so I use that to not interrupt ovulation when cycling PM.

My bc is definitely working, LOL, I'm not pregnant, but still, with the body behaving this way, is it really okay to not cycle PM on the pill?

Well on my PM it says not to use with BC...I think the only danger would be PM actually making you ovulate and getting pregnant....you could try using an ovulation test to be sure

I'll try it out and see. I've seen a few posts on here from members taking BCP who have reported PM has not interrupted the efficacy of their BCP, knock on wood.

For this round, I will take PM all cycle and buy ovulation tests to see how much PM affects my birth control.

After this cycle though, I'm doing a milk thistle cleanse! Lmao!
Anyway, I'm on day one of my menses, so for this round, I'll wait till it finishes. The main reason I'm so interested in beginning after it ends iis because last cycle was awful for me when I took PM during my menses. Ughhhhh

(09-06-2012, 07:04 AM)Ladyflash Wrote:  I'll try it out and see. I've seen a few posts on here from members taking BCP who have reported PM has not interrupted the efficacy of their BCP, knock on wood.

For this round, I will take PM all cycle and buy ovulation tests to see how much PM affects my birth control.

After this cycle though, I'm doing a milk thistle cleanse! Lmao!
Anyway, I'm on day one of my menses, so for this round, I'll wait till it finishes. The main reason I'm so interested in beginning after it ends iis because last cycle was awful for me when I took PM during my menses. Ughhhhh

good luck!! Smile Please share youre results with the Forum! Big Grin

Definitely share!!Big Grin

I'm on bc pills as well and sexually active. I thought about taking PM, but I'm worried about the risks lol!

Hey everyone~ I've been taking PM all month as I said I would and officially stopped a few days ago. This is the week I'm expecting my period and the week of my placebo/sugar pills so here's where we see how PM affects the cycle on birth control!

My breasts have felt quite big and lovely all of this month, too. Tongue I feel like a living guinea pig, lol.

Usually I get my period on a Thursday or a Friday. It's now Tuesday, so we'll see how things turn out later this week!

LAAAAAAAAAAAADIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIESSSSSSSS!!

I have posted the results of this test run here! I believe you will be very pleased with the results of this test! Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon