Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

So...I wanna start UB but worried about Spotting

Hi all!

I have UB that I want to start but I'm worried about the possible spotting issue. I'm on Apri bc pills and I know that both are safe to take, but I've read a couple of threads about some girls spotting while taking it. I guess I'm just looking for opinions and possible ways to prevent this...Tongue

Thanks!!

Hi Kira, I actually had some success getting the spotting to stop!

I'm on Apri too, but a slightly different regimen. I take one month worth of pills, skip the placebo (or period) pills and continue to the next pack. I only let myself have my period every other month. When I started UB, I was on my second month and only two weeks from my period. The UB made me start spotting and gave me a really heavy period. I stopped taking UB for the week of my period, and then restarted the day my period ended.

The first day of use after my period, I only took one pill. The third day, I ramped up to two pills a day, and by the end of the week I was taking all three UB pills WITHOUT spotting at all. That did the trick for me. I think the body has to get used to UB and the high hormone levels it brings.[/align]
I have not had any spotting since then and I am almost three months in. I've had a little bit of growth, but not a ton yet. I'm still hopeful though! Slow and steady wins the race they say Wink

Awesome!

I thought about skipping a period every now and then, but I was worried to try it. So, when you do that, is your period heavier/longer the next month?

I'll try that method of slowly ramping up the UB dose Big Grin. My period starts next week, so would I have to wait until after it ends? Also, are you always going to stop UB during your period or did you just do that to restart your UB regimen?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions! I'm just excited that I'll be able to start UB soon w/o the spotting! Big Grin

The period isn't really longer or heavier. I usually get my period 3 days into my placebo pills and it lasts until day 7 of the placebo pills.

I think I will keep taking UB through my period this month and see how it goes. If I am bleeding more heavily or having extrabad cramps, I'll probably cut it out for a few days while that finishes up!

I would wait for your period to end and start ramping up slowly like I did. You might still spot at first, but it's natural and okay on UB. It's just your body getting used to the UB. I think you will be alot less likely to spot if you slowly ramp up the dosage like I did. It worked for me, and hopefully it will work for you too! Big Grin

Thanks for your help~

Let me know how that works for you! (the whole taking UB during your period thing Big Grin)

Good luck!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon