Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What are the side effects of taking Hops?

I understand Hops is used by some of the members here. I also want to include it on my new regimen but Im afraid since its used mainly for sleeping disorders or mild insomnia, it might cause bad effects especially if one don't suffer from insomnia. It can classified under "sedative". Please shed some light. Thanks

I have heard its a good booster though (nbe)

Huh

It does make most people sleepy, but if that's a problem you can take it before bed with a little bit of food, such as a yogurt cup. In my experience, it makes me pleasantly sleepy, but unlike with sleeping pills, I don't feel groggy in the morning. The other main side effect of hops is "weepiness". It seems like some people experience the kind of heightened emotionalism some women experience during pregnancy, while others get genuinely depressed. Not everone experiences this symptom, and it may or not be common. I personally never experienced weepiness even at a high dose. I only experienced side effects from hops when I accidentally took an extremely high dose daily, for a week or two. Even then, my only symptom was joint aches around ovulation, which went away after 3 days.

Hops can either tip torwards being mainly an anti-androgen or mainly a phytoestrogen depending on how it's digested. For BE you want it to be mainly a phytoestrogen. It will digest into mainly phytoestrogens if you take it with food as long as you happen to carry plenty of the specific probiotic bacteria necessary. Isabelle recommends Menohop, a pill that contains the right bacteria along with hops and soy. After 2 weeks, your gut will probably be fully colonized with the bacteria,and you can switch back to normal hops.
Photo 

thanks for your helpful thoughts on Hops....I checked Holland and Barrett yesterday and this is the hops I found at the store
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/p...sp?pid=436

Hops, Valerian and Passion Flower

is this the one used on nbe program?

can you suggest other brands?

Thank you very much for giving this a part of your time

That supplement also has passion flower. You want one with just hops. I don't know what's available in your country but I get my Hops extract from Mountain Rose Herbs.
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/extract/d-m.html

Hops is usually used to help people sleep, but for some reason lately I haven't been able to sleep at all. I don't know what it is. I've even upped my Hops dosage, and it isn't helping. So I guess even that symptom might not occur in everybody. Although somebody did say it helped their acne, and I guess that's what's helped my acne lately (face acne, at least. The rest of my acne isn't doing so well still).

I'd say when you start it slowly ramp up to make sure you don't experience depression from it. I know that's what makes most people give it up.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon