Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What NBE herb to take if you're estrogen dominant?

I found out the hard way, that PM is the wrong herb to take if you're estrogen dominant. It actually caused my breasts to shrink! Drastically! (not to mention the crazy periods and acne).

Ok, so now that I know I shouldn't have taken it, does anyone know what other herbs would increase progesterone levels?

I've read on here that fenugreek, fennel, and progesterone cream are supposed to help increase progesterone levels. Places on the internet say otherwise though, not sure what information to trust.

I too am curious about this since I'm estrogen dominant. Sad

The best way to figure out what to do is to figure out what type of estrogen dominance you may have. This is the best thread for figuring out something like that:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5135

Usually the easiest way to fix estrogen imbalances is to use a progesterone cream. Although if you have high estrogen and normal progesterone levels, this will not help, and you'll need to lower your estrogen levels.

If you have normal estrogen with low progesterone, or low estrogen with even lower progesterone, then you need to raise your progesterone levels. I sway closer to the first one when checking my symptoms, so I'm going to be continuing my saw palmetto and fenugreek routine, while also lowering my red clover and adding pc. Hopefully this will help me balance things out. Fenugreek is good because it won't raise your estrogen levels any higher than they should be, so it won't continue to overload you on estrogen while you're trying to level things out. Red clover is VERY estrogenic, so I need to limit it.

Sorry to hear PM shrunk your breasts so much! Hopefully now that you know which way to go, you'll be able to develope a good program and see some great growth.

Wild Yam is the standard for progesterone suppliments.. I believe there are even creams you can rub on your arm that works really well.

Are there any quick tips whom will work in a New York minute?

I'm estrogen dominant (normal estrogen, low progesterone). I had my hormone levels tested before I began NBE. I grew using FG, WY, fennel, turmuric, and maca.

My blood test results show that I have normal estrogen and very low progesterone (below normal range). I'm thinking using progesterone cream for my next luteal phase, and then using a low dose of PM (300mg) for follicular phase. What do you gals think?

I'm surprised that there aren't more answers as most women who have hormonal imbalance tend to be estrogen dominant! Tongue

My dr just put me on progesterone for low estrogen and progesterone. Its is wild yam cream. He said this cream will make up any hormone your body is lacking on. Only use it 5 days per week. Take 2 days off. Also rotate to 6 different areas of your body. Just dont use it in the same spot every time. Boob,inner arm, upper thigh,other boob, wrist even face. Use 1/4 tsp. He said this stuff is amazing.

So if your estrogen dominant he said flax seed oil detoxes estrogen. Basically it pulls out old estrogen to make room for new.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon