Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bra Measurement System

Rainbow 

Hey ladies, just wondering how yall measure your bra size? This is how I measure, the VS way.

Copied from BHM: (I'm lazy I know lol)

So ladies as we grow you wanna keep track of your bra size. First remember the bra size increases by cup size not number so you do not go from 32B > 34C > 36D. It's actually 32B > 32C > 32D. Also its not the bust measurement but the band measurement, so just because you measure 34" in bust does not mean your band size is 34"

You can also do this to find your bra measurement:

1: Measure above your breasts [this number is your band size]

2: Measure the fullest part of your breast

3: Subtract Step 2 - Step 1 = Your Cup Size

0in = AA
1in = A
2in = B
3in = C
4in = D
5in = DD or E

4: Put your band size and cup size together find your bra size

Example:

1: Suzy measures 32" above breast [This means she a 32 band size]

2: Suzy measures 35" fullest part of her breasts

3: Subtract 35" - 32" = 3" difference which is a C cup

4: Suzy band size is 32 and her cup size is C so she is a 32C in bra size.

Check out Victoria Secret's Bra Calculator

Happy growing ladies!

ETA: My Lipgloss

Well, you know I've already tried your VS method and it doesn't work for me at all. Also, VS bras are designed slightly differently than normal bras, so the size you are in VS might not be the size you are in the rest of the bra world (I've never owned a VS bra, but I've heard many women complain about it, so I'm not sure if they're a size bigger or a size smaller).

I just prefer to try stuff on and see where I am. Sometimes I'll even try on the next size up just to help motivate myself and see where I'm headed with all this. Smile

If once you measure and go to try on bras, you find that you measured wrong or something, just try stuff on and see what fits properly (although to find your actual size I suggest trying on multiple bras of the same size, since not only do styles vary in shape, but bras are very commonly mislabeled in the factory).

Go to this website to see how a bra should actually fit (I can't find the other site I saw before that had great pictures to illustrate common fitting problems). The site also has a bra calculator and bra conversions, etc. if you wish to check it out.
Rainbow 

I don't like just shopping around. I think a woman should have a starting point when going into a store; it might differ when she's actually in store based on how they create their bras but at least she know's where to start. Shopping around with a bra size in mind is a hassle, because you have to try on all those different bras and then most women fit into different cup and band sizes i.e. 34B, 36C etc, so in the end they end up not knowing which would be best. But we all have different methods, so if that works for you then that''s great too.

LOL Ok. So if I use your method and go into a store thinking I'm a 34A, then I'm going to be even more confused than just going out on my own. I'm not saying all bra measuring systems are wrong. But this one is. If someone wants to use a measurement system, go for it. But it's really not that hard to learn how a bra should properly fit, go into a store and try different bands on until you find the right one, then try different cups from there.

And it's not like you can't guess pretty close what size you fit when looking at bras, before even trying them on. I doubt too many people are going to pick up a D cup if they're actually an A.

BTW

I just tried a bra calculator online and it says my 32DD friend is actually a 34AA.

THIS is why I don't use bra calculators.
Rainbow 

Well if you don't like it then you don't have to use it. I told you the same thing on BHM, you have your way I have mine. Please don't troll my thread just because you don't like my way.

I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to warn other girls not to go solely on this method, as it may not actually give their proper bra size.

You will KNOW when I'm trolling. Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon