Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

coffee

I know for a fact that I have a severe caffeine addiction... I doubt I would be a very pleasant person with out coffee, what with drinking a minimum of a pot a day.

I think the reason they say caffeine is so bad for you is that in excessive amounts it can dehydrate you. I can't give up my coffee- or Monsters- but I have increased my water drinking to three-five bottles a day.

Ok so clearly, according to the study http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/30/st...-in-women/ (the same one that lemoncurd posted above) white women's estrogen levels drop with increased levels of caffeine.

BUT this is ANOTHER theory I have had on the side and would LOVE it if someone could tell me I am wrong! But caffeine helps kick up metabolism dramatically and is the most common active ingredient used in weight loss pills. So I feel that it could potentially also make us lose some of the fat from our breasts...? Caffeine seems to help with thermogenesis, the process of fat oxidation (bringing oxygen to the fat cells) which is required for fat breakdown. Now, I am all about this when concerning certain areas of my body.... but how can we keep it out of the blood stream where it will create an all-over-the-body thermogenesis effect, and just localize it to a specific area intead? I was reading into a slimming cream that looks promising http://www.bglen.com/en/products/body_massage ; however, one of the main active ingredients is--you guessed it--caffeine. They say that this cream directly breaks down fat cells in the localized area of application. Does caffeine really directly break down fat? I can see the fat burning cycle that they have illustrated, but haven't grasped a complete understanding of it yet Tongue It looks like caffeine can help breakdown fat in an area without the process of oxidation through thermogenesis (on which process many diet pills rely)? I cannot help but wonder if it works by entering the bloodstream as well, effecting overall body fat loss (meaning, also possibly from the breasts).

Anyone's critique and thought on this would be VERY MUCH appreciated! Meanwhile, I am waiting for the company (b.glen) to get back to me about my question.

Hiya timarie,

I can't find the article that I read regarding this but the author stated that thermogenesis only occurs if caffeine is ingested before exercising.

Then again I found this during my search and it appears as though drinking 6 cups of coffee a day has been linked to weight loss due to higher energy expenditures:

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/84/4/682.full

Six cups of coffee seems a little excessive to me - 2 cups is my limit! Big Grin but for those who can tolerate high amounts of caffeine this may be of interest Smile

Since most women lose weight in their breasts first, this may be why caffeine has been demonized in NBE...?

The general consensus on the matter is that one cannot spot reduce, but I don't have any personal experience with these slimming creams so I can't really comment on that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon