Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Need serious help please! Herbal guru's help!!

I was taking BO for almost 6 months. I noticed at around the 5 1/2 month mark I was demonstrating symptoms of ED. This is not the first time that I have noticed these symptoms. I used to experience this every month, usually coinciding with my more severe onset of PMS, PMDD. When I began taking BO it seemed to have lessened the effects & I haven't gone thru them as much.
I would say probably out of the 5 1/2 months I took BO I would say this is my second time having this issue. I began taking MSM for the wonderful benefits but my appetite went thru the roof & I gained about 3 pounds. For me, that is a lot because I don't gain easily. I notice that when I weigh over 115 my neck becomes sort of puffy around the frontal area & resembles a small goiter. Freaks me out! Last time this happened I went to the doctor & she even noticed it right away. I had all test ran & an ultra sound done & all tests came back within normal ranges.
There wasn't anything in the ultra sound that was alarming. She said I didn't have a thyroid problem. She says that it just may be the way my "fat" is deposited on my body. Like I wanna hear that, so I have a puffy neck. I hate it & it bothers me. If it's not my thyroid then I should be grateful & I am. I also notice that when I cut out ALL sugars & caffeine it shrinks. Probably becuase I lose a pound or two.
Right now I'm at 118 & everything I've eaten because of appetite hasn't been the healthiest. I can't blame it all on the MSM becuase again it coincides with the whole PMDD thing. I ALWAYS get a puffy neck when PMDD hits if I gain weight. I know it's all tied together. It seems to have even gotten worse since I started drinking beer.
I would like to know if ED is only possible on the onset of PMDD because that's the only time I feel it. There are 2 weeks out of the month that I am a complete mess. That is the week before I start & the week of my menstrual. Other than that I feel great. I am super regular never missed a month unless I was preggie. Always on time too, 28 days. My period lasts for no more than 5 days at a time but since the IUD it can be two weeks. I have the Mirena but I'm changing it back to the copper because I don't like to play a guessing game when it comes to my cycle.
Can anyone tell me what I should take for this? What can I do that will help but also help me with NBE?
I am currently taking Milk Thistle for a liver cleanse. I plan on that for 10 days. Unsure if I'll do BO again. This goiter look scares me.
Please help anyone!!

Hello prettypetunia,

I like to start with some questions:

Sex: F
Weight: 118 lbs
Band:
Cup:
Number of children, and how many breastfed: , How long ago:
Any physical disorders or abnormalities: PMS, PMDD,
Cycle length, and any cycle anomalies or abnormalities:
Any medications including BC: Currently Mirena,
Taking anything else like vitamins:
Diet: How much of the following do you get, how often, and what type?
Meat:
Fresh vegetables, especially dark leafy greens ;
Fresh fruit:
Starchy carbs:
Refined & simple sugars:
Caffeine:
Alcohol & tobacco:
Chocolate:
Exercise:
What is your current NBE routine in detail, or where is your program page?
Do you have any of the following:
Brittle hair or nails:
Cold hands or feet:
Foggy thinking:
Acne:
Hair sprouting where it shouldn't.
Anxiety or panic:
Excessive moodiness (be specific):
Trouble concentrating:
Trouble sleeping:
Large skin pores on the face:
Any family history of PMS or PMDD?

Thank you Wahaika for responding. It means so much to me. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, our Grandmother has just come home from hospice so things are very stressful around here. Here is my information.

Sex: F
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 118 lbs
Band: Measure at 32 even, I buy either a 36B or 34C
Cup: B/C
Number of children, and how many breastfed: 5 children, BF #1 for a week, #2 for a week, #3 for 6 months, #4 for 1 month, #5 for 2 1/2 years
How long ago: Last baby stopped BF October of 2011
Any physical disorders or abnormalities: PMS, PMDD: PMDD
Cycle length, and any cycle anomalies or abnormalities: Cycle length has always been 4-6 days but since getting the Mirena I have had two instances where I've gotten my period twice in one month. This has never happened before so I know it is the Mirena. The most recent episode was April 2012.
Any medications including BC: Currently Mirena, No meds
Taking anything else like vitamins: Multi Vitamin, Vit C, MSM, Collagen
Diet: How much of the following do you get, how often, and what type?
Meat: Steak, chicken, lamb 3x a week
Fresh vegetables, especially dark leafy greens ; 5-6x a week
Fresh fruit: 3-4x a week
Starchy carbs: Everyday
Refined & simple sugars: I don't add sugar to anything. I usually use Agave Nectar or Honey in place of sugar
Caffeine: I drink ice tea mostly & water. Soda maybe once a week. Black tea in mornings. Ocassional coffee 1-2x a week
Alcohol & tobacco: No. Ocassional beer or wine every few weeks.
Chocolate: Once a week.
Exercise: No
What is your current NBE routine in detail, or where is your program page? I don't have a program page. Just using NB right now.
Do you have any of the following:
Brittle hair or nails: Peeling nails that break easily.....brittle??
Cold hands or feet: Always. Sonce I was a child.
Foggy thinking:Yes
Acne: Only when my cycle is coming. Then it goes away after.
Hair sprouting where it shouldn't. None
Anxiety or panic: Some anxiety
Excessive moodiness (be specific): Mostly during my time of the month. The week before I start & the week during. Then is diminishes & I go back to normal for the other two weeks out of the month. Lately I'm moody all the time & it's not going away after my cycle.
Trouble concentrating: Yes. More so now than before.
Trouble sleeping: Sometimes not always
Large skin pores on the face: No
Any family history of PMS or PMDD? I believe so. My mom was impossible to live with as a child & she's worse now in her age.

prettypetunia,

It looks to me like you have a few things to contend with; oxidative stress, thyroid, PMDD. Here are some things that should do it.

1. Tumeric tea once per day, or you could take powdered curcumin.

2. Whatever your multivitamin is, it is not cutting it. Get this Twinlab Women's Ultra Daily and as soon as it arrives, start taking it and flush the other one. This one will address many things all at once and that is why I prefer it.

I think that it has enough B6, B12, and kelp to kick start the thyroid, and the magnesium content is pretty good. But you may want to add more kelp (for the iodine content) and magnesium.

Nature's Way Kelp -- 180 Capsules

3. Magnesium.

4. You may want to add Borage oil (1000mg before bedtime).

5. I think that 5-HTP would be an excellent consideration.

Good luck!!

Wahaika

Thank you for everything! How long do you recommend I take them before attempting a NBE routine? I'm not sure what herbs to take or to try another round of BO. I still have 3 months of the Ultra Breast sitting in the cabinet. Is there anything that you could suggest that I try for NBE? In the mean time I will start the supplements. Thanks again and I appreciate it Big Grin

Another thing or two that I would add to the list is Vitamin K2 and possibly EPO. I think that you could try EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) and see if you like it better for your hair, nails, and skin. Borage oil is likely to be better for PMS but it would be good to try it once you see how borage oil works out. Definitely add Vitamin K2 to the mix. If you don't get a lot of direct sunlight then you need to get abotut 20 minutes per day, regardless of climate. The skin produces vitamin D3 from sunlight and that is the best way to get it.

As far as an NBE program, let's put that off until the rest of you is up and running first. Rule #1 for NBE is to be healthy!

Big Grin Yes, I agree. I've taken EPO in the past & didn't have PMS symptoms as badly. As far as the hair, skin & nails I didn't see a difference while using that but when I use the Neocell Collagen it makes a BIG difference. I am a SAHM so I do get plenty of sunlight while taking the kids out everyday. I love being outdoors! I won't be able to get the Protandim as of yet, money issues. I've really bumped up the healthy eating more than usual.
You know, since I've stopped the BO on July 26th I feel like my moods are worse. When I first started it in Feb. 2012 I noticed my moods & attitude were better & felt "normal". Now I feel like I'm back to suffering with mood swings. Strange huh? I know that the Mirena IUD is progesterone based & the BO is estrogen.....so they even each other out???? Not sure but with the vitamins/minerals, healthy eating, continue my outdoor walks & de-stressing hopefully will get me on the straight & narrow Smile
Thank you for all your help.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon