Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Cellulite

Lightbulb 

I already have cellulite Angry!!
That is another mission along with NBE, to feel comfortable in shorts above my knees...Dodgy

Just throwing together stuff I find for any who are interested in...
From this site:
  • Get the EFAs you need (Essential Fatty Acids)
  • Lose excess body fat
  • Cut out bad EFAs-- Processed foods
  • Cut back (Or eliminate) highly sugary foods & drinks

Info about EFAs from here.

" ALA stands for alpha-linolenic acid. It is found in plant-based sources like flax seed, borage, hemp seed and some types of nuts like walnuts. Unlike the following two, ALA is not produced naturally in the body.

EPA stands for eicosapentaenoic acid. It is naturally occurring in the body, but it also comes from sources like cold water fish (i.e., Arctic cod) and fatty fish (i.e., salmon). About 8% of the human brain is made up of EPA and DHA.

DHA stands for docosahexaenoic acid. Like EPA, it is found in cold water fish. However, it also plays a role in the development of healthy eyes, brains and nervous systems, and it has also been studied as a potential memory support nutrient.

Fish Oils

The human body requires fat to remain healthy and strong. But not all fat is created equal, as the body metabolizes the different types of fat differently. Saturated and trans fats are the bad fats; monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and oils are the good fats. The polyunsaturated oils contain the essential fatty acids that you must get from the foods you eat. The most common dietary source is fatty fish like salmon, and the most common EFA supplements are, indeed, fish oil supplements.

Fish oil supplements contain omega-3 fatty acids, specifically eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).The fish, like humans, do not actually produce the omega-3 fatty acids themselves. They instead get them from their diet of microalgae, which produce these fatty acids, or in the case of predatory fish, they accumulate them by eating smaller fish that feast on the microalgae. While some people are leery of fish oil supplements because they fear they contain toxic chemicals like mercury, Swanson Health Products takes great lengths to test our products through third-party analysis to ensure purity and potency.

Flax Seed, CLA and Evening Primrose Oil

Flax seed oil

Flax seed oil contains the omega-3 known as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which your body needs but cannot manufacture itself. Your body can use ALA to make the other omega-3 fatty acids that it needs, including both EPA and DHA. This is one major reason why some people choose flax seed oil over fish oil, another being that it is vegetarian. It is found in plant-based sources like flax seed, borage, hemp seed and some types of nuts like walnuts. Another advantage of flax seed oil is that your body won't create more EPA and DHA than it needs. However, the body’s process of converting ALA into the other fatty acids is not very efficient.

Evening Primrose Oil

Evening Primrose Oil has been a long-time favorite fatty acid supplement for women, because it includes high levels of gamma linolenic acid, which is an important essential fatty acid that provides support throughout a women’s monthly cycle and helps keeps skin healthy and beautiful. GLA is another omega-6 EFA."

--I've seen these supplements in programs for NBE as well. Some input on these would be nice, or I'll try to look further into them...

"Combination Supplements

As you probably guessed, combination essential fatty acid supplements bring together multiple sources of EFAs into one supplement. Our MultiOmega, for example, combines flax seed oil, fish oil and borage oil for a well-rounded, three-part supplement that contains Omega-3s, -6s, and -9s. The EFA Complete supplement uses only vegetarian sources, and unlike the other supplements we’ve covered so far, this one is a liquid that can be easily added to smoothies. It is a blend of certified organic flax seed oil, borage oil and evening primrose oil that also provides omega-3s, -6s, and -9s. If you’re having a hard time picking between fish oil, flax seed oil or any other single-sourced supplement, a combination formula could be the ticket."

That's all for now... Sorry... Blush

For those on NBE herbs, hate to say it, but you most likely WILL develop cellulite at some point during this journey. Even though most NBE herbs usually HELP with cellulite (like fenugreek, saw palmetto and hops), estrogen is a MAJOR cause of cellulite, and increasing it at all will likely give you cellulite (I developed a LOT of cellulite after starting NBE, even though I haven't gained any actual fat on my body).

Luckily, there ARE cures.

I hear good things about Aztec Indian Healing Clay Masks and vacuum massages (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medical-12-Body-...231e36f89e). Personally, I do dry brushing every day and apply a special coffee mixture I make at home. I've been doing it for about two months now, and have almost completely eliminated my cellulite already! Everyone actually comments on how much thinner my legs are, and I'm not afraid to show them anymore (wearing pants every day in the middle of summer is such a hassle!)

I dry brush using a natural bristle brush ($5 at Wal-Mart). Make sure it's natural bristles, as anything else will really hurt your skin. I make small circular motions all around my leg for about 2-5 minutes, and then afterwards wash my legs with a hot washcloth. Then I apply my mixture.

I don't measure, but it's about 2 parts coffee, 1 part extra virgin coconut oil and 1 part apple cider vinegar. So, if you're making 2 cups of the mix, put 1 cup of brewed coffee, 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/2 cup of acv into a pot. Heat it on high until boiling, while stirring, then remove from heat and let cool. I also added fresh rosemary last time, which is also good for cellulite, and helps mask the vinegar smell. I let it sit with the rosemary for about two to three hours, then strain the rosemary out. (If you don't use rosemary, the vinegar smell will still go away once it's absorbed into your skin.)

Let it soak on your skin; don't wash it off. I do this in the morning and at night. It absorbs quickly, and at night I apply a second layer, and sometimes a third layer (it'll take a while to absorb, which is why I only apply this much at night).

Here's a similar thread on BlackHairMedia that has different methods for eliminating cellulite!

Thank you Doll!!
You're awesome!!

I'm not taking an herbs though, and I have a bit of cellulite on the sides of me between my thighs and butt... Sad
It's part of the reason I don't like wearing shorts...

I'm not super focused on cellulite at the moment, but it's a definitly on the list!!

That's exactly where mine was even before NBE. It sucks being so skinny and STILL having cellulite. =_= It's something fairly easy to tackle, though (once you find what works). I suggest at least start dry brushing once a day, and by next summer your cellulite should be gone for good, and you'll be comfortable wearing shorts again! Smile

That sounds so nice Blush.
I'll fo look for a brush!
And is this something I should do every day of my life to help with cellulite? I wouldn't think it's a "do as it occurs" kind of thing...
Thank you so-so-so-so-so much!!

You're welcome! I would do it every day until you get rid of the cellulite, and then once it's completely gone, you can probably just do it once a week for about 15-20 minutes to keep it away. Smile Just to warn you, the dry brushing will hurt at first, but eventually you'll get used to it. Do it gently at first if it hurts. It'll also whisk away dead skin to make your skin softer, so you can use it on other parts of your body if you'd like!

I was wondering about pain. Haha, I think I'll be able to handle it, and I'll be gentle. That's good, I don't wanna be chained to a daily thing... Cool, I'll do it! Big Grin

http://www.beautyiswellness.com/featured...e-less-su/

Juice fast for cellulite... Just something I found. Smile

Good link! I should really start drinking a glass of lemon water every morning. They say it helps you look a lot less bloated, and if it can also help with cellulite, that's a pure win-win in my books!

I wish I liked lemons... Smile Lol. Oh! Idea. I could put a glass of it in my juice or shake, maybe I won't taste it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon