Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Evening Primrose Oil

Hi
Has anyone taken primrose oil capsules/tablets?
Have you had any breast growth taking it?
If so, how long did it take to notice?
And is the growth permanent?
Are there any known side effects?
I take thyroxine for thyroid problems (can't remember if I'm under or over), does anyone know if I can take EPO?
Thank you very much x

Hey! So, I actually found that I did have quite a bit of swelling and some slight growth just by taking evening primrose oil (EPO) for about a month.

Exactly how much growth I had, I am not too sure, but my breasts were bursting out of my bra. I have included pictures of the 'before' (which are from about 6-9 months ago and I took them randomly to see my measurements). My 'after' pictures were of me taking EPO for about 3-4 weeks.

I was taking 6 capsules (1000 mg each) each day and all at once. I just took them with water and was drinking coffee and soda from time to time.

The brand that I was using was Spring Valley and was purchased from Walmart.

I actually began taking EPO since I over processed my hair from so many perms and my hair was very weak, dry and brittle. Each time I showered, I'd have to clean the drain 3-4 times and they were such large clumps. I took EPO to help stimulate hair growth and to help make my scalp produce some more oil. Within 1 week, I was pulling out only 1 clump of hair from each shower and within 2 months, I only have a few strands of hair (I think I counted less than 10 strands of hair, last time I checked).

EPO did NOT make me gain weight anywhere else on my body. It did NOT improve my mood or do anything, but it DID help my hair a lot. Also, my finger nails became a bit 'stronger' and were not splitting as much.

About my normal regime:
-I take Adderall (30mg-50mg) each day for my ADHD.
-I also take 100 mg of Zinc (Spring Valley and purchased from Walmart) each day to help with my acne as the zinc helps to dry out my skin and reduce oil production.
-I try to remember to take a multivitamin (I take 4 of the children's gummy Equate vitamins purchased from Walmart) each day, but take it about 3 times a week.
-I am NOT on birth control.
-I use Nivea Visage 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner on my face each night and just take it from the bottle and rub it in. I do not rub it off.

I did some breast massage but it was not intentional. I normally rub almond oil all over my body (breasts included) every other day and have been doing this for months. I did not experience any growth while doing this as I have been doing this for awhile now. The breast massage maybe lasted 10 seconds.

Taking EPO did NOT mess up my period.

I've always had 1 single nipple hair (upper nipple on my left breast) that I'd have to pluck once every 2 weeks as it'd start to grow out a little. Once on this, I have had to pluck it ONCE in 3 months. And it grew back less 'thick'.

Taking EPO added a 'natural glow' to my face but did not affect my acne. My skin tone looked more 'even' although, this may be attributed to an improvement in my acne and less irritation.

The only thing that I noticed growth/swelling to my breast that deviated from my regime was that I started taking 6,000 mg EPO each day. So, I am attributing the swelling/growth to EPO.

I have included my stats, just in case anyone is wondering. I put down my ethnicity since I know that some people may be curious and different genetics may respond to different things.

Oh, and my stats are as follows:
Ethnicity: Sicilian and Latin American (I think my actual blood line is that of Arab, Peruvian, Puerto Rican, Spanish, Albanian, Spanish, Italian and Greek, but my parents are from Italy and Peru).
Height: 5"4-5"5
Weight: As of today I am 122, but it ranges from 118-130 (I rarely weigh myself and prefer to take measurements of my body rather than look at the scale's number).

These are just estimates as I took them VERY quickly:
Across Butt: 36 inches
Hips: 33 inches
Waist: 25 inches
Under Bust: 30 inches
Across Nipple/Bust: 33 inches

Before (6-9 months ago):
http://imgur.com/a/wXC5q

After (I took these 1 month ago):
http://imgur.com/a/tAJIF

If you've any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks so much and have a great day!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

meow.mix76, thanks a lot for your post! Wow, 6000 mg per day is a lot. The normal dosage of EPO is 2000 - 4000 mg (at least this is what I read). Very interesting that your hair stopped shedding. My hair is falling out in clumps at the moment (I always had problems with hair fall but since one month it is really severe). I started taking EPO (Swanson Vitamins) three weeks ago, but only 1300 mg per day. I will up my dosage to 2 caps per day and as soon as I receive a new bottle of flax seed oil I will take 3 caps of EPO, which will be 3900 mg per day then.

Ella once told me that if you take EPO (which has a lot of omega 6) you should also take flax seed oil or fish oil (omega 3) to balance the excess omega 6. I hope the shedding will decrease when I up my dosage of EPO and maybe also my boobs will grow more. Wink

Your boobs look def. bigger in the after pictures. Thanks again for your post. Smile

Time to up the EPO! This reminded me I have to go out and get some tomorrow. I've only ever taken 1-2 pills (roughly 2000mgs) and I don't believe it made a scrap of diff to my breasts. Its the higher dose's that seemed to effect that.
Yes when I read exclusively about EPO (omega 6) and breast growth "most" of the testimonials I read were from women taking high doses of EPO for other reasons, and then all of a sudden they had bigger boobs as a "side effect" and for the most part I believe they maintained their growth. Bearing in mind if you're on the higher doses (4-6000mgs) it more than likely its prescribed to do so and to attack a certain medical problem and not for long term use. Suggested dose is 1-3 pills a day (3000mgs). Also get the EPO with the 10% GLA not less.
As Peggy says yes always balance out with Omega 3's (fish oil), there's a ratio according to weight etc. For me for every EPO pill I take, I also take one fish oil capsule to go with it.
EPO though seems to be a wonder supplement, when I spoke to my natural health guy I almost skipped out of the shop I was soo excited about the potential benefits!

(01-02-2014, 07:54 PM)peggy Wrote:  meow.mix76, thanks a lot for your post! Wow, 6000 mg per day is a lot. The normal dosage of EPO is 2000 - 4000 mg (at least this is what I read). Very interesting that your hair stopped shedding. My hair is falling out in clumps at the moment (I always had problems with hair fall but since one month it is really severe). I started taking EPO (Swanson Vitamins) three weeks ago, but only 1300 mg per day. I will up my dosage to 2 caps per day and as soon as I receive a new bottle of flax seed oil I will take 3 caps of EPO, which will be 3900 mg per day then.

Ella once told me that if you take EPO (which has a lot of omega 6) you should also take flax seed oil or fish oil (omega 3) to balance the excess omega 6. I hope the shedding will decrease when I up my dosage of EPO and maybe also my boobs will grow more. Wink

Your boobs look def. bigger in the after pictures. Thanks again for your post. Smile

Tell you what peggy i'm tempted to up my EPO too, and you know what I can say now (since you brought it up) I actually haven't noticed loosing a lot of hair anymore too now! I used to loose clumps full whenever I brushed but now its hardly any.
Plus its grown sooo long! For me for other reasons I can probably afford to up my omegas to the 6000mg a day mark but not all EPO! The pills are quite big, I think I'd be sick taking that many a day but I tell you what once I confirm with the naturopath I'd definitely try and push the 3-4000mg mark of EPO and the rest with Fish oil. I just worry these day with contamination of the ocean etc how much crap is actually IN fish oil :s . I will however look further into that omega 6:3 ratio as at this stage all I know is that it is downright dangerous to overconsume Omega 6 if you don't try and balance it out.

(16-08-2012, 07:27 PM)djt-d Wrote:  Hi
Has anyone taken primrose oil capsules/tablets?
Have you had any breast growth taking it?
If so, how long did it take to notice?
And is the growth permanent?
Are there any known side effects?
I take thyroxine for thyroid problems (can't remember if I'm under or over), does anyone know if I can take EPO?
Thank you very much x

Try this.
https://www.google.co.nz/#q=evening+prim...+thyroxine

Thanks Ellacraig for the link. I have since spoken to my doctor who confirmed that it would be ok to take EPO with my medication.

I have mentioned on another thread, but will confirm again - I take 3000mg EPO per day (x3 capsules at 1000g each), with 10% GLA. Been taking this for 3 months now - no sign of growth yet. I'm hoping the 3000mg will be enough for growth to happen. This was the highest mg I could find. If anyone has any links to higher dosages please post.....

Because I couldn't find any higher mg capsules I was thinking of using EPO to rub into my breasts. But as I'm using the maximum dosage at the moment in my capsule form, I think using the oil to rub[/quote] in as well will overdose me - what do you girls think?

(02-02-2014, 06:12 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Tell you what peggy i'm tempted to up my EPO too, and you know what I can say now (since you brought it up) I actually haven't noticed loosing a lot of hair anymore too now! I used to loose clumps full whenever I brushed but now its hardly any.

Interesting! Since when do you take the EPO capsules? I started 3 weeks ago but I was just taking one (1300 mg) most of the time, so the dosage is obviously not enough. Yesterday I started to take two capsules. Hope my hair will stop falling out asap.

(02-02-2014, 06:12 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Plus its grown sooo long! For me for other reasons I can probably afford to up my omegas to the 6000mg a day mark but not all EPO! The pills are quite big, I think I'd be sick taking that many a day but I tell you what once I confirm with the naturopath I'd definitely try and push the 3-4000mg mark of EPO and the rest with Fish oil. I just worry these day with contamination of the ocean etc how much crap is actually IN fish oil :s . I will however look further into that omega 6:3 ratio as at this stage all I know is that it is downright dangerous to overconsume Omega 6 if you don't try and balance it out.

Please keep us updated when you up your dosage. I hope our boobies will grow larger and LARGER Tongue with a higer EPO dosage. Bigger boobs, nicer hair and skin, this is what I want. Smile

(02-02-2014, 10:17 AM)djt-d Wrote:  Thanks Ellacraig for the link. I have since spoken to my doctor who confirmed that it would be ok to take EPO with my medication.

I have mentioned on another thread, but will confirm again - I take 3000mg EPO per day (x3 capsules at 1000g each), with 10% GLA. Been taking this for 3 months now - no sign of growth yet. I'm hoping the 3000mg will be enough for growth to happen. This was the highest mg I could find. If anyone has any links to higher dosages please post.....

Because I couldn't find any higher mg capsules I was thinking of using EPO to rub into my breasts. But as I'm using the maximum dosage at the moment in my capsule form, I think using the oil to rub
in as well will overdose me - what do you girls think?
[/quote]

DJ did you ask your doctor if you could take higher than the recommended dosage? Sadly I guessing even if you did he would have said No or I don't know.. I don't think docs know a lot about natural supplements, they have no need too. Well at least for me I just get a big tub and each pill contains 1000mg so I take 3 pills a day, if and when I up the dose i'l just take say 4 or 5 pills.
As far as massaging into the breasts, I truly don't know just how much you body could absorb into the bloodstream if you didn't want to overdo it. Some studies say the skin absorbs anything you put onto it so I'd ask on the boards, maybe try Mistress Lotus, she is like a detective when it comes to finding studies and articles, dunno how she does it!

(02-02-2014, 03:34 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(02-02-2014, 06:12 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Tell you what peggy i'm tempted to up my EPO too, and you know what I can say now (since you brought it up) I actually haven't noticed loosing a lot of hair anymore too now! I used to loose clumps full whenever I brushed but now its hardly any.

Interesting! Since when do you take the EPO capsules? I started 3 weeks ago but I was just taking one (1300 mg) most of the time, so the dosage is obviously not enough. Yesterday I started to take two capsules. Hope my hair will stop falling out asap.

(02-02-2014, 06:12 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Plus its grown sooo long! For me for other reasons I can probably afford to up my omegas to the 6000mg a day mark but not all EPO! The pills are quite big, I think I'd be sick taking that many a day but I tell you what once I confirm with the naturopath I'd definitely try and push the 3-4000mg mark of EPO and the rest with Fish oil. I just worry these day with contamination of the ocean etc how much crap is actually IN fish oil :s . I will however look further into that omega 6:3 ratio as at this stage all I know is that it is downright dangerous to overconsume Omega 6 if you don't try and balance it out.

Please keep us updated when you up your dosage. I hope our boobies will grow larger and LARGER Tongue with a higer EPO dosage. Bigger boobs, nicer hair and skin, this is what I want. Smile

Sorry Peggy, silly me, I may not have mentioned taking EPO as I didn't really put it in the NBE category of herbs, just general health. I have been taking them from the get go but inconsistently.
Unfortunately I fear taking higher does's might be the key but heck what do I know! I do know EPO can upset your digestive system so I'd slowly introduce more. But I've only ever really taken 1-2 a day.

But yes il pop into the health shop today and ask carefully is there any harm to taking higher dose's and hope he doesn't ask why!! PS Peggy Id up to 3, surely that's a safe amount if its the recommended dosage and see how you go.
I still don't understand what it is about EPO that would be responsible for making your breasts grow but if it is as good as it is supposed to be with regard to balancing hormones I wonder if that's the reason along with maybe nourishment from the omega oils..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon