Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Evening Primrose Oil

(06-02-2014, 07:48 PM)caitemh Wrote:  I'm really curious ladies.. Do you cycle Epo?

I can't seem to find any information on when to take it.

Has anyone ever had problems with their cycle going out of whack with Epo? I introduced it as my massage oil, and attempted to take it orally. The first time I tried, it was about a week and a half after my period, and within only two days of 1300mg capsules, I'd been launched into another full period two weeks early.
The second try, I cycled it. Started day one of period, for roughly a week. My following period came 9 days early.

I hoped to introduce it to my program, but with those setbacks I don't know if it will work for me.. Or is this one to take all the time?

Hey. Ive never heard of cycling it with the exception of one person on these boards. If youre still on PM theres plenty of people on here who are having period issues on pm. Thats what puts me off it. I suspect thats whats caused it.

(06-02-2014, 10:01 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-02-2014, 07:48 PM)caitemh Wrote:  I'm really curious ladies.. Do you cycle Epo?

Has anyone ever had problems with their cycle going out of whack with Epo? I introduced it as my massage oil, and attempted to take it orally. The first time I tried, it was about a week and a half after my period, and within only two days of 1300mg capsules, I'd been launched into another full period two weeks early.
The second try, I cycled it. Started day one of period, for roughly a week. My following period came 9 days early.

I hoped to introduce it to my program, but with those setbacks I don't know if it will work for me.. Or is this one to take all the time?

Hey. Ive never heard of cycling it with the exception of one person on these boards. If youre still on PM theres plenty of people on here who are having period issues on pm. Thats what puts me off it. I suspect thats whats caused it.

I considered the PM being the cause. I was on pm for at least 2 cycles with no issues before I introduced Epo. Same with Progesterone. Neither had given me any issues each cycle until I introduced the EPO.

(06-02-2014, 10:25 PM)caitemh Wrote:  

I hoped to introduce it to my program, but with those set backs I don't know if it will work for me.. Or is this one to take all the time?

I considered the PM being the cause. I was on pm for at least 2 cycles with no issues before I introduced Epo. Same with Progesterone. Neither had given me any issues each cycle until I introduced the EPO.

At the end of the day epo is just gla omega 6 so unless there is a particular reason your going for epo ie its breast enlargement claims maybe find another source of fatty acids like borage or blac currant (pretty sure this one is omega 6 too)
Id stop it personally esp if your worried. Your call Smile you got a great program going on anyway. Wish I was brave enough to try yours!

(06-02-2014, 10:32 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

I hoped to introduce it to my program, but with those set backs I don't know if it will work for me.. Or is this one to take all the time?

At the end of the day epo is just gla omega 6 so unless there is a particular reason your going for epo ie its breast enlargement claims maybe find another source of fatty acids like borage or blac currant (pretty sure this one is omega 6 too)
Id stop it personally esp if your worried. Your call Smile you got a great program going on anyway. Wish I was brave enough to try yours!

Yeah, you're right. :-D I'll just forget about using it.
Haha thanks Btw. It seems to be working for me. What about it is intimidating?

(06-02-2014, 11:14 PM)caitemh Wrote:  
(06-02-2014, 10:32 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Yeah, you're right. :-D I'll just forget about using it.
Haha thanks Btw. It seems to be working for me. What about it is intimidating?

Good on you Smile
Im scared of pm to be honest. It's like playing with the big boys of herbs :p im in no hurry with Nbe and learning heaps so im doing a mild pussy cat programme and slowly gettin some results Smile

(06-02-2014, 03:38 PM)peggy Wrote:  Ella, did you speak with your health guy?

I received some informations about EPO from our lovely Mistress Lotus and want to share them:

Mistress~Lotus Wrote:Hi Peggy,

Did some checking on EPO and found a few things, I hope you don't mind! Smile

From BREAST NEXUS:
Quote:Author Judy Graham who wrote a book on EPO claims to have gone from a B cup to a DD cup without gaining weight any place else while taking EPO. Researchers aren't sure why but it's apparently not an uncommon occurence. Women who have been on studies involving EPO have reported the same thing. Personally I wouldn't just take it by itself but would include it in a comprehensive BE program. Most people who have experienced growth have taken it for at least 6 mos or longer and at relatively high dosages i.e. 3000mg-4000mg range.
Quote:I did a bit of research on the internet and netdoctor states the following info about combinging evening primose oil and birth control pills:

"Many of the women who take evening primrose oil (also known as Gamolenic acid, or Efamast) are also taking the oral contraceptive pill.

There is no evidence that there is any interaction between evening primrose oil and any other medication, and certainly no suggestion that this product might interfere with the action of the pill.

Starflower oil, unlike evening primrose oil is not a licensed medicine and there is little available information about it. However, unless you are taking excessive doses of starflower oil, it seems highly unlikely that it would interfere with the action of your oral contraceptive pill."

EPO-effectiveness
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drugi.../1006.html

http://www.vitaminstuff.com/herbs-evening-primrose.html

From 2006 breast nexus but is informative:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5236

OIL OF PRIMROSE & BREAST LUMPS
http://www.livestrong.com/article/455064...ast-lumps/

Hope it helps, post any or all as you choose! Wink

Peggy! I went into the health shop today.
She said yes EPO raises estrogen.. BUT.. the way she explained it is that it raises the GOOD estrogens which in turns lowers the BAD estrogen which is the type that is causing BC. She maintains is balances both estro/progesterone and that shes had nothing but positive feedback from all the women who use it.

Ive still to go through the articles you guys supplied but thought I'd update for you. Smile

Thanks for the update, Ella! Smile

Hey Peggy! First and foremost, I am sorry to hear that you’re having an issue with shedding as well. I hope that you can get to the source of the problem and everything works out. And thank you for the tips with balancing out my omega-3s! I really appreciate it, it is always nice to see people on the forum look out for one another. I will start taking one each day to help balance out this ratio! ☺

As for the EPO dosage, I read that 6,000 mg/day of EPO is the suggested dose for people with acne and other skin issues. Since hair and skin issues are often linked to one another and I also have some acne problems, I thought that I’d give this a try! I got the idea from this site: http://www.wisegeek.com/how-effective-is...r-acne.htm

There has also been evidence that EPO “can influence papilloma formation which can be attributed, at least in part, to their ability to prevent benzo(a)pyrene binding to DNA and to an increase the lipid peroxidation process.” This is from an article titled: “Effect of evening primrose and fish oils on two stage skin carcinogenesis in mice” by  G. Ramesh & U.N. Da as published in Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (Volume 59, Issue 3, September 1998, Pages 155–161). The link to the article is: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...7898900564

Lipid peroxidation is often associated with hair loss. I got this info from this article: “Oxidative Stress in Ageing of Hair” by Ralph M Trüeb as published in Int J Trichology. 2009 Jan-Jun; 1(1): 6–14.

I just took some pictures tonight as an update from my previous post since the pictures were slightly dated (from like 2 months ago). They can be viewed here: http://imgur.com/a/xT1jQ

EllaCraig: Thank you for the tip to balance out my ratios! And what you wrote is interesting. I was not prescribed this, but rather this is something that I just investigated independently and it has been working for my hair loss/shedding. Hopefully my breasts grow as well! ☺ And I am happy to read that your hair loss/shedding has decreased! Woo woo!

Also, I have been taking 6,000 mg/day of EPO for about 2.5 months. Well, I take it most days. Sometimes I will skip a few days since I forget or I run out and I have to drive a bit to go pick up more and I am sometimes lazy about that.

I also have to say that I did not notice any immediate development with my breasts with EPO, but rather it took a month. I thought I had gained some weight since my bras were cutting into me and that is when I took new measurements. I was taking 6,000 mg/day faithfully as I was really worried about my hair and after a month, my hair loss wasn’t nearly as bad so I cut down on it and wasn’t as persistent. I am back on track with it since I have been slacking off BIG time and noticed some more shedding (albeit, it is very slight but I do not want to repeat that cycle).

I hope that EPO does wonders for you and for anyone and everyone who tries it! Best of luck!! ☺

Reviving this old thread! 

I have often read about this whole balancing Omega 3 with Omega 6 but what could happen if one doesn't take both? 

I'm currently taking EPO (so omega-6) and I don't really want to take fish oil or any omega 3. I've seen many women taking only omega 3 or only omega 6 but if any of you have had any negative experiences from taking only one or heard about them, please let me know!

(29-05-2017, 06:01 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Reviving this old thread! 

I have often read about this whole balancing Omega 3 with Omega 6 but what could happen if one doesn't take both? 

I'm currently taking EPO (so omega-6) and I don't really want to take fish oil or any omega 3. I've seen many women taking only omega 3 or only omega 6 but if any of you have had any negative experiences from taking only one or heard about them, please let me know!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12442909

I mega dose Omega 3 and place little emphasis on Omega 6 only cause 6 can be hidden in foods we wouldnt think about being high in it. I know its bad to go higher 6:3 - that article summarises it very well.
They reckon hemp seed oil is the perfect ratio.

Im not sure about EPO... Ive had some say its not the inflammatory kind of 6 but others say it is. Guess its something to consider..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon