Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Evening Primrose Oil

(29-05-2017, 08:26 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(29-05-2017, 06:01 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Reviving this old thread! 

I have often read about this whole balancing Omega 3 with Omega 6 but what could happen if one doesn't take both? 

I'm currently taking EPO (so omega-6) and I don't really want to take fish oil or any omega 3. I've seen many women taking only omega 3 or only omega 6 but if any of you have had any negative experiences from taking only one or heard about them, please let me know!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12442909

I mega dose Omega 3 and place little emphasis on Omega 6 only cause 6 can be hidden in foods we wouldnt think about being high in it. I know its bad to go higher 6:3 - that article summarises it very well.
They reckon hemp seed oil is the perfect ratio.

Im not sure about EPO... Ive had some say its not the inflammatory kind of 6 but others say it is. Guess its something to consider..

Ella! Thank you for the article. There are so many women out there who take either omega 3 or omega 6 and I believe they're doing ok. I have read a few reviews though where women complain about developing acne from taking omega 6 or omega 3 (not together)....so again, maybe it depends on the individual. And the dose. 

Wow, hemp seed oil sounds like the perfect ratio indeed. Thing is, I'm interested in EPO because it's good for PCOS, it's supposed to balance hormones, reduce/eliminate PMS,  it's great for the skin/hair......and it maybe increases breast size??? Stay tuned! I'm taking a very low dose though....can't believe how so many women take as much as 6,000 mgs!

(30-05-2017, 02:44 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  

I have often read about this whole balancing Omega 3 with Omega 6 but what could happen if one doesn't take both? 

I'm currently taking EPO (so omega-6) and I don't really want to take fish oil or any omega 3. I've seen many women taking only omega 3 or only omega 6 but if any of you have had any negative experiences from taking only one or heard about them, please let me know!

I mega dose Omega 3 and place little emphasis on Omega 6 only cause 6 can be hidden in foods we wouldnt think about being high in it. I know its bad to go higher 6:3 - that article summarises it very well.

Im not sure about EPO... Ive had some say its not the inflammatory kind of 6 but others say it is. Guess its something to consider..

Ella! Thank you for the article. There are so many women out there who take either omega 3 or omega 6 and I believe they're doing ok. I have read a few reviews though where women complain about developing acne from taking omega 6 or omega 3 (not together)....so again, maybe it depends on the individual. And the dose. 

Wow, hemp seed oil sounds like the perfect ratio indeed. Thing is, I'm interested in EPO because it's good for PCOS, it's supposed to balance hormones, reduce/eliminate PMS,  it's great for the skin/hair......and it maybe increases breast size??? Stay tuned! I'm taking a very low dose though....can't believe how so many women take as much as 6,000 mgs!

Hi!
Omega 3 and 6 at least worked for my chaotic PMS these last years! Nowadays I don't take it due to my poor liver but someday I will get back to it for sure. Just keep in mind the dosage depends on the person and heck 6000mg is tooooooo much. I used to take 800mg the first months and by month 4th 1000mg. Enough is enough I think! It also helps a lot with the hair, I had a gorgeous shiny hair! (which now I dont Big Grin Dodgy )

(30-05-2017, 02:44 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  

Just keep up the research. 
Try measure out your dose or consumption of Omega 6 by way of diet, food oils nuts etc then offset it with some Omega 3. Dr Mercola has good info too. Even me looking down at this below im like "shit" i consume that stuff in abundance daily so Il up my Omega 3.

FYI my C Reactive Protein test (crp) which measures inflammation in the body should be below 1 - zero idealy and for the past 2 year Ive been bang on 1. The doctors dismiss it but my Naturopath the one with the PhD said "no way, you have chronic low grade inflammation" you need to get that down to zero.For me HANDS DOWN its what Ive been eating. Some EPO by rights should be good (but up to 6000mg like these women trying for bigger boobs) - not so much... Just balance it all all out, some healthy fish, fish oil if you can find a clean source. 

Theres also Sea Buckthorne - we probly talked about this. Omega 7. It lowers CRP levels  so Im taking that at the mo alongside fish oil. Some girls claimed that worked for them too. I personally think some women probably lack good fats so when they take these things it's the missing link for THEM ya know. Ohterwise we'd all be mega dosing on EPO and the likes and growing cup sizes like these few isolated cases online  Wink

Dietary sources of omega-6 fatty acids include:
  • poultry.
  • eggs.
  • nuts.
  • hulled sesame seeds.
  • cereals.
  • durum wheat.
  • whole-grain breads.
  • most vegetable oils.

(30-05-2017, 07:55 PM)EllaC Wrote:  Just keep up the research. 
Try measure out your dose or consumption of Omega 6 by way of diet, food oils nuts etc then offset it with some Omega 3. Dr Mercola has good info too. Even me looking down at this below im like "shit" i consume that stuff in abundance daily so Il up my Omega 3.

FYI my C Reactive Protein test (crp) which measures inflammation in the body should be below 1 - zero idealy and for the past 2 year Ive been bang on 1. The doctors dismiss it but my Naturopath the one with the PhD said "no way, you have chronic low grade inflammation" you need to get that down to zero.For me HANDS DOWN its what Ive been eating. Some EPO by rights should be good (but up to 6000mg like these women trying for bigger boobs) - not so much... Just balance it all all out, some healthy fish, fish oil if you can find a clean source. 

Theres also Sea Buckthorne - we probly talked about this. Omega 7. It lowers CRP levels  so Im taking that at the mo alongside fish oil. Some girls claimed that worked for them too. I personally think some women probably lack good fats so when they take these things it's the missing link for THEM ya know. Ohterwise we'd all be mega dosing on EPO and the likes and growing cup sizes like these few isolated cases online  Wink

• poultry.
  • eggs.
  • nuts.
  • hulled sesame seeds.
  • cereals.
  • durum wheat.
  • whole-grain breads.
  • most vegetable oils.

I always check out Dr. Mercola's site Smile Thank you for the list, Ella. I already eat many of those items so I might not even need additional omega 6, but I really want to try out EPO since it's so good for PCOS. We'll see how that goes! As for omega 3...meh, not so interested in certain fish/fish oil  Dodgy 

Oh yes I found out about sea buckthorne thanks to you! I really wish I could take it but the fact that it could lower blood pressure is worrying. Apparently EPO could lower blood pressure too and so could inositol so I don't want to end up taking loads of supplements that all lower blood pressure! How much sea buckthorne have you been taking and for how long? Is your blood pressure ok?

(31-05-2017, 07:25 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(30-05-2017, 07:55 PM)EllaC Wrote:  Just keep up the research. 

• poultry.
  • eggs.
  • nuts.
  • hulled sesame seeds.
  • cereals.
  • durum wheat.
  • whole-grain breads.
  • most vegetable oils.

I always check out Dr. Mercola's site Smile Thank you for the list, Ella. I already eat many of those items so I might not even need additional omega 6, but I really want to try out EPO since it's so good for PCOS. We'll see how that goes! As for omega 3...meh, not so interested in certain fish/fish oil  Dodgy 

Oh yes I found out about sea buckthorne thanks to you! I really wish I could take it but the fact that it could lower blood pressure is worrying. Apparently EPO could lower blood pressure too and so could inositol so I don't want to end up taking loads of supplements that all lower blood pressure! How much sea buckthorne have you been taking and for how long? Is your blood pressure ok?

My last check he said it was on the low side but that was good and what they want from patients! :s
When i fainted back into 2015 the following day it was low too.. Ive never had what anyone considered an abnormal reading though. Im not past considering buying my own blood pressure monitor. I still have weak spells, had one last night - it was horrible! I think it might have been something else though so...

seabuck only having x 2 a day. Ive yet to test out the lowering of inflammatory markers by using it and fish oil yet!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon