Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

pure pueraria mirifica side effects

pure pueraria mirifica side effects
March 20 2007 at 5:05 AM Bindi (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
A newbie here, with a few questions.
I obtained a kilo of pure 100 % spray-dried pueraria mirifica from a reputable source. I have been capping it up myself and taking two 500 mg caps per day for about one week, as well as mixing it into cream and massaging it into my breats I have noticed significant side effects and wondered if anyone else has experienced them.
The good: I have definitely noticed an increase in breast size. Perhaps it is a temporary growth. My breasts also feel tender and sore.
The bad: The negative side effects I have experienced are as follows: headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, bloating, sugar craving.
Am I taking too much? Will my body get used to the herb and adjust? Should I stop taking the oral PM?
Since I am taking a pure form that is not standardized, I am obviously experimenting on myself.Any advice would be appreciated.
Bindi

Buffeee
(Login Buffeeee) Re: pure pueraria mirifica side effects March 20 2007, 2:03 PM

This is just a guess, but I bet the commercial PM products contain fillers or other ingredients. If so, you are probably taking in much more herb than most people would.

Another thing is that PM seems to have stronger side effects than other herbs. If you can't find and answer and can't deal with the side effects, why not cut back? Many girls in the past who grew a lot put up with the side effects so they could get their boobs. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Vienay
(Login Vienay)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: pure pueraria mirifica side effects March 20 2007, 5:02 PM

Hello Bindi. I am taking the St Herb PM and like Buffeee stated there are other ingrediants in the capsules. Here is what the bottle says:

SUPPLEMENT FACTS
Serving Size 1 capsule
60 servings per bottle
AMOUNT PER SERVING
Pueraria mirifica (root or tuber) - 200 mg
Zingiber officinalis Roscoe - 17mg
Piper chaba Hunt - 17mg
Caesalpinia sappan linn - 16mg

DIRECTIONS FOR DAILY USE
Take 2 capsules after breakfast and before retiring to bed
Note: If taken with a calcium enriched liquid it enhances its efficiency

IMPORTANT: You must begin treatment on the first day of your menstrual continuing until the 15th day and stop for that month. Continue this for each month in the same manner, taking no more than the required daily dosage of 4 capsules.

So that would mean the capsules you are taking are 200 mg more a day (daily totals) than the St Herb capsules.

Also, yes I am having side effects from the PM also. My worst one right now is feeling extremely tired and I have been having stomach problems also which may or may not be associated with the PM.
I am thinking (and hoping) that the side effects will lessen as my body adapts. I know I had side effects taking other herbs for NBE and my body did adapt and I did start to feel better after a while. So, I'm hoping the same will prove true with the PM
You might want to look at the St Herb web site. It has some good information. I think you will do fine making your own capsules, just be careful with your mgs and be sure to follow the 15 days on and 15 days off rule.
Did you get a good deal buying your herbs in bulk?

deborah
(Login forme2know) Yes you are taking too much March 22 2007, 3:36 AM

See my post in the PM forum and please don't anyone else try this...500mg is toooo high. The st herb line has only 160mg per capsule of PM out of the 200mg. I am sure about this. The maximum dose you should be taking is about 320mg 2 times a day and if you get side effects cut it in half for a while.

Deborah

Bindi
(no login) Re: pure pueraria mirifica side effects March 24 2007, 11:43 PM

Yes, I bought 1 kilo for $300. A kilo is ALOT, I use it orally and mix it in creams. I'll let you know how it goes,.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon