Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair Removal

Does anyone have any opinions/tips/recommendations for the best way to remove body hair?

I hate my body hair, it's dark and grows pretty quickly, and is really noticable... Just thought I'd tried asking to see what I can get.

I just shave right now, I've tried Nair but it burned really badly. I wax my upper lip (or else I get a little 'stache), but can't imagine waxing my body... It just seems like it hurts too much, and then you have to wait for it to grow out to wax it again.

My skin is kind of sensitive with hair removal; I can't use cheap disposable razors or Nair, and dry shaving is really bad. I haven't come across any shaving cream that does much better than shaving with soap.

I just want all my body hair gone >-< It clearly doesn't like me.

I totally hear you on this one!

I haven't quite gotten it right yet, but I'm trying to teach myself how to sugar... It's supposed to be gentler on the skin than waxing and be able to get the hairs while they're shorter than where waxing can.

I'm actually going to school for cos... but they're only teaching waxing and tweezing. Sugaring is considered an "advanced training" - something you learn only after you already have your license at one of these little seminar things.

I've tried so many things in my day, I'm ready to give up. =_= I've considered laser hair removal, but that would be embarrassing to me to have someone else do that. Dodgy My Saw Palmetto is keeping my hair from growing as fast, so I figure that's really all I can do at this point...

I haven't tried an EpiLady or anything of the sort yet, but I'd hate to spend the money on it and it not work for me. So shaving it is.

Btw, I use men's razors because they generally get a closer shave than a woman's razor will. I also like men's shaving cream better, and it reduces irritation a lot more than women's shaving cream. Although I usually just use Axe body wash to shave with, just 'cuz it's easier and that way I don't have to buy any extra creams or anything. >.<

I hear you all. I have very thin, soft, blond hair on my thighs that people don't even notice is there even though I haven't shaved it in years and then dark, coarse hair on my calves which makes me wonder if I shouldn't have ever started shaving. C'est la vie...
At any rate, I really want to try the body sugaring thing as it is supposed to help lighten and thin your hair and is also a permanent form of hair removal. I figured I would start with my "mustache". LOL I hate it more than any of my other body hair and it's a small area to test the waters with. I'll let you know how it goes once I get a chance to do it. Happy hair removal! Tongue

hair problem is world wide for young girls, everyone wants a long-term freedom from those nasty hairs. And there's one wonderful way to get that, Its laser hair removal treatment .As everyone's hair pattern and density is different so choosing right device and setting is important for the success of this treatment. and if you will take this treatment at right place and from a right doctor then good results are a guarantee. And advantage of this treatment is its painless, safe and comfortable.

turmeric made into a paste with oatmeal flour and milk or yogurt applied for thirty minutes to an hour every day. may take months to work completely but it will slow the growth and eventually permanently destroy the folicles

Hey I just wanted to say there are a few at home hair removal systems out there. I dont know how well any of them work but Tria seems to be the one thats talked about the most although I'd look into it more. Good luckSmile

My cousin uses the NoNo for permanent laser hair removal at home. She seemed to really like it but personally it didn't work for me. Tria, another at home laser hair removal, seems to get really positive reviews and actually works! Costs like $400 though:/ but will definitely save and buy one.
For anyone that can tolerate the pain of waxing, try that while taking saw palmetto. Within 1-2 months people said it actually helped reduce the amount of hair that grew back.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon