Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria Mirifica. Which brand to buy?

Rainbow 

Hey everyone,
( I posted this in another thread but I wanted to re post to increase my chance of getting some answers.)

Im looking to buy some PM either in capsule or powder form. Im still not sure which yet, but I read that powder is better?

There are so many different brands out there and I know some of them are scams or bad quality/price. I hear its best to get them directly from Thailand because thats were its made. I want to make sure that its 100% pure PM with no added ingredients.

Im also confused about how much I should be taking.

Iv been looking at Ainterol and the ones in the pink bottle.

Any input at all is appreciated.

(19-09-2012, 06:12 AM)Luxy Wrote:  Hey everyone,
( I posted this in another thread but I wanted to re post to increase my chance of getting some answers.)

Im looking to buy some PM either in capsule or powder form. Im still not sure which yet, but I read that powder is better?

There are so many different brands out there and I know some of them are scams or bad quality/price. I hear its best to get them directly from Thailand because thats were its made. I want to make sure that its 100% pure PM with no added ingredients.

Im also confused about how much I should be taking.

Iv been looking at Ainterol and the ones in the pink bottle.

Any input at all is appreciated.

I'm not aware of any evidence that powder is 'better' than capsules, but it IS cheaper. However you then have the problem of accurately measuring out small weights of a very light powder.

There is no way of knowing the purity or origin of the product except by trusting the manufacturers label, because only they know what they put in it and whether they are being truthful.

All PM comes from Thailand because that's the only place it grows. Again I don't know whether its better or not to get it direct from there or from a 'local' supplier. However since it all has to come from Thailand, I personally can't see the point of paying a middleman.

Ainterol is a perfectly reputable brand. I don't know what the pink bottle brand is!

Hope this helps.

I have tried buying powder and making my own capsules before. Without the proper device, it is impossible to get the same amount in each one and is very time consuming.

The taste is pretty bad, not like you can scoop it on your tongue and swallow.

Thank you both.

I think the Ainterol is what I'm going to go with then.

Powder is cheaper. I could always mix it in a drink I guess?
Capsules seem to be a lot easier to deal with though.

It will taste horrible. Just get capsules.

Both regular powder, extract powder, and liquid extract ALL taste horrid. PM has to be THE worst tasting fruit in the world.

It's still great stuff though Big Grin

Personally, I use the absolutely cheapest per dose, which is liquid extract, and dropper it into a little bit of water to dilute, then chase that water with more water to wash the nasty tasting crap down quick.

It IS water soluble though. So just be quick if you wanna go this way...
Shocked 

Haha definitely getting capsules then. Smile

(19-09-2012, 10:58 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  PM has to be THE worst tasting fruit in the world.

Not that it really matters, but I noticed you say it before and thought it just a slip of the tongue that time...PM as we know it, is actually from the tuberous root of the plant, not its fruit.

I would love to ask, are you a female ? Just because I found the red bottle for ainterol but its butea superba and for male enhancement??? I have the PM but its in a green bottle and it works for me ! I'd say just get the pill form so you know how much you are taking because taking too much is very bad for you. Have a look at the program threads to see how much you should be taking but for starters always take less than the recommended dosage and slowly work to the it. AND do not exceed the maximum !!! these pills take time and won't work right away.

edit: as well as the dosage is on the PM bottle, mine says take 1 cap 30 min before breakfast and 1 cap before bedtime and do not take more than 2 cap per day and start with 1 cap for 2-4 weeks

(20-09-2012, 05:57 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Not that it really matters, but I noticed you say it before and thought it just a slip of the tongue that time...PM as we know it, is actually from the tuberous root of the plant, not its fruit.

OH! You know what. I just learned something new. I always thought it was the fruit for some reason... Thanks! Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon