Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Corset Training Thread

Dear Doll,

A lot of respect for your determination and sense of goal, but if we talk about the sizes of some "hourglassed" girls, let's take into account their heights, body shapes (pear, apple), body structure (endomorphs, ekto or mesomorphs).

As for me, proportions are much more important, than just waist widths. I know some girls with long thin waists, nice butts, but they have thick short legs, not sure about beauty of such figures.

Not sure about Lukiyanova's health, but her body shape looks strangely grotesque, which is not attractive as she does not look healthy. I like more natural looking thin waist shape like Megan Fox's waist line http://www.focusonstyle.com/blog/megan-f...ther-team/
Megan Fox has 23'' at height 5'4''

Dita's figure looks gorgeous, but she is 5'4'' (163cm), according to this site http://www.celebritiesheight.com/dita-vo...nd-weight/
Although, according to Wiki she has different height/proportions. She has been wearing corsets for years, since she was a teenager when her bones were not compeltely formed, which might be a bit dangerous, because who needs a perfect body if it is not functional, it's like having perfect eyes which can not see ...

I know a model-look girl whose waist width is 28'', her complete measurements are 38''-28'-40'', her height is 6'3'' Smile
I don't know about your height, but I guess for my height 5'7'', Dita's and Megan's waist proportion would be closer to 24''

I know it's about proportions more so than actual size. Which is why my goal is 32E-23-42. I'm 5'5" (thanks to corset training for straightening out my spine), with a surprisingly short torso (even with the extra inch), so my waist looks boxier than most other women with my size, and my butt/hips look smaller because of my long legs. So for most, where this goal sounds outrageous, for me it would be pretty modest-bombshell, which is just what I'd like. Smile

I think I know how proportions affect looks more than anyone. My best friend is 5'0", LONG torso (maybe an inch longer than mine still!), and short legs. Her 25" stomach looks SOOOOO much smaller than mine because of how long her torso is, and her 43" butt/hips look SOOOOO much bigger than mine ever will at that size because of her short legs! Even her petite shoulders make her breasts look bigger! Personally, I think 23" as her goal may be a bit too small, as it'll look so much smaller on her, but she may change her mind once she gets closer to that size and decide to just aim for 24".

...I guess...I never updated...I managed to get a 25" waist...even after not wearing my corset at night...I'm bloated now, so I'm back around 25.5" again, a little bigger. BUT I DID HIT 25" ALREADY!!! I really need to learn how to control this insulin resistance before I can really be happy about it...

I still haven't gotten a refund (I don't think), but after sewing my corset it's held up so far.

I am sooo glad I found this post. I had no idea people even did corset training anymore but I saw someone on tumblr talking about It about 2 week agos and so I've been looking into it and then hear I am on here looking for ways to increase my bust and I find this thread. How does it feel to you guys? and I'm still confused on how permanent it is seeing as I keep reading different things. I want a 23inch waist but I also need to lose 45or so lbs so hopefully that will help too.

You do have to do some maintenance long term. You also have to reduce your waist size by at least 25- 30% in order for the change to last a really long time, but it's still not literally permanent. I've been told that, once you reach that level of reduction, when you remove your corset it will spring back by 4-6 inches almost immediately, leaving you with about a 12% reduction. Supposedly you can maintain a 12% reduction without a corset for around 3 days. After that the waist expands very, very gradually, and by the end of a month you might still have a reduction of about an inch or so. Over the course of several months, it will always go back to the original size, unless you started corseting at an extremely young age before the floating ribs harden. That doesn't mean you can't get any "permanence" at all from smaller amount of reduction, or less dedicated corseting. You can, but it won't be as dramatic and wost last as long.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I'm getting my corset next week Big Grin The woman who made my corset explained that she's super busy because she also works for Romantasy: http://romantasyweb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=Jill+Hoverman Apparently one of her corsets was featured on 20/20! (a very well known nation-wide news show in the US) Her $135 custom corset is an awesome deal, but she only makes it available on her Etsy site every once in a while. I'm seriously gonna find that episode on Youtube later. If anyone finds it before I do, please link it. I gotta go, but I'm so excited Big Grin

(03-11-2012, 10:49 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  Oh yeah, I forgot to say I'm getting my corset next week Big Grin The woman who made my corset explained that she's super busy because she also works for Romantasy: http://romantasyweb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=Jill+Hoverman Apparently one of her corsets was featured on 20/20! (a very well known nation-wide news show in the US) Her $135 custom corset is an awesome deal, but she only makes it available on her Etsy site every once in a while. I'm seriously gonna find that episode on Youtube later. If anyone finds it before I do, please link it. I gotta go, but I'm so excited Big Grin

Oh, wow, that's so amazing! I actually know the 20/20 clip you're talking about. I can't believe that was her! That is a good deal! I can't wait for you to get your corset in, that's so exciting! <3

I've gained some bloating again, and am slowly getting rid of it. I still have no idea what eating habits make me bloat so much yet (although I have learned that hot drinks like coffee and hot chocolate make me bloat a LOT within the first few sips!) Once I figure all this out, I feel like I'll see better corsetting results. I'm back at 25.5" again. Sad

My friend actually has been MORE bloated than usual (oh, us and our health problems!), but we can already completely close the bottom of the corset on her! Sure, it made her feel like she was about to DIE when we danced at a concert last night LOL. But the bottom DOES completely close already, and the rest of it is very close to closing! I can't believe it! She keeps the shape pretty well once the corset's off, too!

I think mine pinched a nerve on my left hip recently. :/ I don't know why, but suddenly the one side started to feel more and more like it was digging into my hip/butt. So I'm trying to be careful of that now when I lace it. It's discouraging that I can't lace the bottom that tight at all yet, but I have to keep in mind that I also have a shorter torso, and my hips prevent me from lacing properly. Hopefully over time the corset will lengthen my torso even more, and I'll have no problems with lacing.

PayPall will make their decision on my claim within the ext two weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my money back. Either way, the fishing line thread is holding up perfectly. Smile

Q: would it be a good or bad idea to buy a metal bone corset with a waist measurement 13cm/5.1 inches less than your natural waist? I found a local who sell them for almost 300€ and that's the smallest size they sell. I don't want to spend that much money if I don't get really good results.

(07-11-2012, 05:17 PM)Snowball Wrote:  Q: would it be a good or bad idea to buy a metal bone corset with a waist measurement 13cm/5.1 inches less than your natural waist? I found a local who sell them for almost 300€ and that's the smallest size they sell. I don't want to spend that much money if I don't get really good results.

Corsets can be bought anywhere from 4-6 inches smaller than your waist size, so you're fine. Smile

I just got a refund back for my corset...but not my friend's. I have to dispute the end result with Paypal now. And they put the money back onto a Paypal account I don't have access to, so...I still...don't have any money back for them...and even when I do get the money back, I want it back on my CREDIT CARD not my damn Paypal. Because I won't ever use Paypal again because eff eBay up the ass.

I'm finally back at a 25" waist. I've been tightening my corset halfway through the day once my body gets accustomed to the fit, and doing it that way I'm getting even closer to fully closing it! I'm so excited! I will be at least 24" by summer! When I take it off, I'm already down to 24.5", which is pretty impressive, since my waist swells from eating during the day. Plus when I wake up after an uncorsetted night, my waist still has a very corset shape to it. It's...beautiful... :3

I saw a corset-trained model on a tattoo show last night, and her waist was GORGEOUS. I forget her name, I'll try to find her. Her butt was small, but because her waist was so shapely and beautiful, your eyes didn't even go there at all!

Thanks Doll!

Thankyou for your answers Smile This seems like something I'm going to want to try when I get some more moneySmile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon