Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Yohimburn

Yohimburn
March 28 2008 at 7:40 PM elusia (Login elusia)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wahaika,

I looked up the yohimburn page, and it does look interesting! I, as many women my age with several child births behind them, have struggeled with fat deposits in the "wrong" areas - belly, butt, lower back. Yohimburn seems like the perfect thing to try - but will it adversely affect NBE efforts?

Thanks,
Elusia

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 28 2008, 7:46 PM

Hi Elusia,

I know you aimed this at someone else but I'm soooo keen to give it a go, it's not that expensive either and I've read lots of good reviews on body building forums (they use it to get rid of man-boobs!). The ordering site takes credit card only and I've been too lazy to get one so I'll have to wait a bit more. This and Double_Ace's bandaging technique I think could be combined in some way.

Not sure how it would affect boobs, I think the key is to use it very sparingly and work on one area at a time so that it doesn't become spread throughout your system. I think combining it with dry brushing would help too e.g. dry brush then shower then yohimburn then workout then bandages. The problem is I'm lazy so the more complicated the routine is the less likely I'll stick to it.

Let me know if you buy it - we can be butt-burning-buddies!

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Yohimburn March 29 2008, 2:10 AM

Elusia,

In theory, yes, and Louise nailed it. The main thing that I would stress with yohimburn is to make sure to use it sparingly so that it you can minimize the system wide effect as much as possible.

I would say that the best proactive thing, BE wise, you can do is the same thing that you would do during diet and heavy exercise - do effective massages often!

Wahaika

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 29 2008, 8:33 PM

Thanks, Louise and Wahaika.

Wahika, when you write massage - what massage are you referring to?

I have a routine in the morning that I'm very comfortable with - first 20-45 minutes of yoga or pilates dvd, then dry brush and into the shower. I have only done it for a few weeks so I can't tell if it's doing anything for those nasty fat deposits on the belly and down - but it feels good anyway.

Since my NBE efforts are going so EXTREMELY slow (the only real increase I seem to get is underbust ;( ), I think I don't want to risk it making it even slower by adding Yohimburn at this point. First I want to see any change in the breast department!

I'll keep Yohimburn in mind for the future!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 29 2008, 11:33 PM

Elusia, it's really weird what you say about underbust, my cup size increases are mainly because my underbust is disappearing fast! The fully breathing out measure like you take when you order Brava I'm barely 25 - where's it going?!!?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Yohimburn March 30 2008, 3:47 AM

Regarding massage, there are several things that do work. Here is one that can be made with powdered fenugreek, olive oil, and borage oil (or EPO):

One batch to keep on hand:
1/2 cup Olive Oil + 1/2 cup Fenugreek + 24 (1000mg) Borage Oil Caps steeped for one week minimum before first use. (The longer the better)

Get 2 8oz containers, preferably dark glass bottles. Steep (soak/let sit in a dark cool place like a closet) one while using the other.

Shake well.
-Apply heat from a heated pad set to low for 5 minutes.

-Massage in about a tablespoon or two each side. One way to do this (some women use their knuckles, some do not) is to rub it in, in a circular direction each side that is down the middle, across the bottom to the outside, up the outside, across towards the sternum.

-Cover with saran wrap. (Saran is a good thick plastic wrap)

-Apply heat for 15 more minutes from a heated pad set to low.

-Leave on all night if possible.

Do this every night. Do this each day if possible making a total of two massages per day. If the above is too messy, you can also use Greenbush fenugreek extract and aloe vera gel.

DMSO can also be used in place of aloe vera gel, but there are rules for using it. The skin must be completely clean before beginning including soap residue. Start with ONE DROP. Two drops total would be a good average. Four drops total is a definite maximum and takes time to work up to. Not everyone can handle 4 drops.

That is one of the methods that I would be referring to whenever I refer to massage.

Wahaika

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 30 2008, 7:00 AM

I would love to try Yohimburn someday, if anyone tries it do keep us updated!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 30 2008, 7:42 AM

Wahaika - I read a lot about the safety of DMSO but when I made mine similar to the NBA book it's supposed to contain a lot more than a couple of drops, more like a couple of tablespoons. I used it for myabe 4-6 weeks before I got bored of all the messing about and didn't have any ill effects.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
SENIOR MEMBER Yohimburn March 30 2008, 5:27 PM

Are you sure it wasn't a couple of tablespoons all combined?

I can understand a couple of tablespoons of nonalcoholic extract with a couple of *drops* of DMSO, but definitely not a couple of tablespoons of DMSO! I also think that the optimal use of DMSO is to apply after massage, but before heat, not to mix it in before.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 30 2008, 6:27 PM

No it was definitely supposed to be half the liquid component as DMSO. I put it on then used BB for 30 mins hard suction. The DMSO was only 70% solution itself but that's still a lot more than you're recommending. The people who use it for sports injuries just apply it with cotton wool so that's probably about 1tsp at each application. Not really sure if it gave me much growth as it was at a time when I was growing anyway, definitely didn't notice less progress when I stopped.

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 31 2008, 3:58 PM

very intersting stuff, a few links for others who may be interested.

1 question how long approx do u see any improvement, does it tend to be better skin tone 1st? followed by fat loss?

http://www.yohimburn.com/
http://www.eurolabresearch.com/form_weight.htm

+ very intersting read from body builders:
http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=121751

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn March 31 2008, 11:01 PM

The guy I spoke to at some health club said 1x £30 bottle would last about 6 weeks which hesaid would be enough to see a visible difference.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 12:52 AM

Honestly, I think Yohimburn is pointless. I wrapped my abdomen area up in seran wrap last night but before I put it on I massaged on shea/cocoa butter mixed with Cayenne powder. After about 5 minutes I felt a lot of burning. But it wasn't bad, it was really relaxing. I left it on for a while and I lost a lot of my water retention in that area and you could see the muscles I have been toning a lot better. I think they both have the same effect. You could massage that on while working out too.

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Yohimburn April 1 2008, 1:07 AM

Yohimburn isn't necessary in losing weight... u could lose the fat and water with proper sleep, diet and exercise. But with yohimburn you can treat trouble spots that u normally can't do anything with such as face, nipples/chest for men, and thighs for females...

mind u that yohimburn works more for people with low body fat...

Jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 5:59 PM

Yeah I'm definitely not over weight. But I'd still think it would have the same effect if you put it on wrapped ontop with seran wrap while working out.

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 8:54 PM

true, saran wrap will help u minimize the area a bit, but saran wraps can only get rid of water weight (which won't take too long), prevent fat cells from enlarging and possibly shrink the fat cells which will take months.. yohimburn actually burns away the fat in weeks and it's more promising in dealing with fat..

Let's say u want slimmer and smoother thighs.. i doubt saran wrap will do anything with ur cellulites because it's such a big area and the fat has nowhere else to ''migrate'' to. Take the ripplu bras for example.. they use the upper stomach fat and push it into their breasts then wear the bras for a long time to make the fat actually move up to the breasts so it's the same theory.. so for areas that u know only has fat, i recommend treating those areas with fat burners such as yohimburn or simply exercise and change ur diet! There is a fat slimming supplement list somewhere i'll post it later.. i found this together with yohimburn on some forum

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 9:12 PM

But i think more than 1 bottle or tube is needed to get rid of the fat.Has anyone actually used this?On the beboard i read that they haven't had much result with it.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 9:52 PM

Hmm. Makes sense. I think I want to get it but I am just so lazy with ordering things.
With the Ripplu bra; or whatever it's called, does it actually work permanently and how long would you have to wear it for? I don't think I've ever heard of that...

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 10:11 PM

The ripplu bra is pretty expensive and don't know if it'd fit you, they tend to only come in really small sizes - when I pu my measurements in their site they told me I was an E cup! I think this might be something to try a lot later when you've grown the most you can otherwise you'll grow out of it before you get your moneys worth.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 1 2008, 11:43 PM

Haha they said I was a D. Pfft. I don't like the looks anyway. I'm sure once you put a shirt on over it they'd make your boobs look sharp and pointy. Haha ew. The bras look like freaking cones.

This message has been edited by classyfashh on Apr 1, 2008 11:43 PM

js89
(Login js89)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 2 2008, 1:53 AM

Personally, I really like the Ripplu. It gives a nice shape and cleavage.

I have bought some of the Yohimburn and am giving it a try. I think I can see/feel a difference, but need more time to tell yet.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 2 2008, 1:54 AM

Great! Tell us if it works :]
I want to see if it's worth buying.

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 2 2008, 2:01 AM

Lol lol @ "Cones", I bought the ripplu a while back and boy is it uncomfy.. but i checked the mirror after 1 day of use today and I already see a difference.. i sort of get the same effect using a regular workout bra though.

jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 2 2008, 7:05 AM

Which Ripplu bra of there's did you get? Link?
They seem to have a ton

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 2 2008, 7:49 AM

I got the black one http://ripplu.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=235

jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 2 2008, 8:21 AM

Oooooooh. I didn't see that one, I really like. It has a "normal" bra shape too. Haha a bit pricey though. Hmmph.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 3 2008, 8:10 PM

I so much want to try yohimburn, just wondering about how "exact" the "spot fat burn" could be???? I need to get rid of my underarm fat!! But it's sooooo close to boobies!!
My underarm fat is sooooo ugly and disgusting, I am even willing to sacrifice a little (just a little) boobies if it will make my gross underarm fat disappear!! :-(

Anyone have any idea about this? Please share!!! Thanks a million!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jackie
(Login classyfashh) Re: Yohimburn April 4 2008, 2:22 AM

Yeah I think you should try it for that, and lift weights a lot each day to make the best of it.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 4 2008, 7:07 AM

Yeah, thanks Jackie, I think I am desperate enough to try, after I read some more links double_ace provided. When I am sure it won't "burn" away 1/3 of my boobs, I will give it a go. :-)

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER double_ace or anybody!! April 4 2008, 5:25 PM

Help!! Help!!
Which one to use for "burning away" underarm fat and have less impact on boobies (as in "targeting the spot")? Yohimburn DF or ES? And which one works better in general?
Thank you in advance!! :-)

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
SENIOR MEMBER Fengshui April 4 2008, 5:27 PM

Hey love!

DF is weaker than ES (which is the original one), ES will give u dramatic results but since some are sensitive to ES they go for DF. DF is best used on face if ur face is sensitive to ES as well.. once ur face has slimmed down as much as it can with DF u can try ES to try to lose some more..

if u want ot save money and want faster results i'd say go with the stronger one, ES..

much love lady!

Mango84
(Login Mango84)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 4 2008, 5:32 PM

Fengshui,

Definitely use DF for the least impact on your breasts. The ES will go systemically moreso than DF. Even DF might affect the breasts too though.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 4 2008, 5:33 PM

Thanks so much love!! My borage oil finally arrived, will see how my boobies respond to it this time!! :-) Feeling a bit better now. hahaha.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 4 2008, 5:35 PM

Yeah, gotta be careful for that!! I guess I should gain some boobs first, so I have a safty net before I use yohimburn. :-)

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Yohimburn April 4 2008, 6:57 PM

I think ES stands for 'extreme strength' or something, only the ES can be bought in Europe so if I finally get round to it I'll let you know what happens.

Wahaika/Yohimburn
August 29 2009 at 8:42 PM chinky_marie (Login chinky_marie)
I saw that somewhere in the "start now do what works" thread you recommended Yohimburn to someone concerned about weight loss or fat reduction. I checked out their site and couldn't find any ingredients for the product. Do you know what is in it and if it's 100% herbal?? I'm assuming that it works since you recommended it to somebody and I know you know your stuff. I just wanted your opinion on the product =)

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
Re: Wahaika/Yohimburn
August 30 2009, 5:36 PM

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil (another thread.)

Yohimburn DF = Pure aloe vera gel, distilled water, japanese peppermint oil, glycerin.

Yohimburn ES has the same ingredients as DF but adds: Acetyl-l-Carnitine, Acetyl-l-Tyrosine, Histidine, Theophylline, caffeine.

Yohimburn DF was the original. ES is "new and improved."

http://www.yohimburn.com/

http://www.theafstore.com/home.php?cat=5

http://www.theafstore.com/product.php?productid=33&cat=5&page=1

http://www.theafstore.com/product.php?productid=34&cat=5&page=1

It is 100% natural. 100% A-OK good!

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
August 30 2009, 5:48 PM

That sounds very natural! I wonder if the ES formula with caffeine might be better for cellulite, since caffeine is supposed to help with that...

Wahaika, would you recommend the ES formula for cellulite or the original?

Thanks,
Corrie

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
August 30 2009, 6:16 PM

The ES is probably better for cellulite.

chinky_marie
(Login chinky_marie)
August 30 2009, 8:05 PM

They mention fat on the chest, legs, hips or thighs. Would it work on the stomach ?? And in the thread you mentioned it in you recommended that the person use it really slow. What did you mean by that? Use a very small amount or only use it like once a day ???

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
August 31 2009, 10:56 AM

Sadly, this product is prohibited in some countries. If you are going to import it, it might be a good idea to check if it's allowed in your country first.

chinky_marie
(Login chinky_marie)
August 31 2009, 6:50 PM

Wow it's prohibited in some countries?? Do you know why?? On the site it says buy(U.S.) and buy(Europe), so obviously it's okay here and there. . .

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
August 31 2009, 10:33 PM

I think that it would help on the stomach but in a limited way. It depends on what kind of fat is pushing the stomach out. If it is just subcutaneous fat, yep, it should work very well. But if it is fat deposits on and around organs below the subcutaneous fat, I think that diet and exercise is the only way to remove it.

chinky_marie
(Login chinky_marie)
September 1 2009, 12:10 AM

No it's just that stubborn on-top-of-the-muscle fat. Not even much. I'll take whatever help I can get until I can start my workout program. I'm planning on doing Tony Horton's Power Half Hour for a few months then work my way up to doing his p90x program. That's how I plan on getting in shape for my nbe program next spring.

topazblue
(Login topazblue)
September 1 2009, 11:10 AM

Hi, sorry for all the links, but it's just the easiest way to share the info.

This product is definitely banned in Australia. See this link:

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/p...-australia

Also, it's a case of buyer beware. Just because you can buy the product, it doesn't automatically mean that customs will let you have it. I found at least one case on the internet where a person had their product siezed:

http://www.imminst.org/forum/Yohimbe-Yoh...29429.html

Regarding your question about why it is banned - I think the Australian regulators might be concerned about its possible side effects to blood pressure and heart rate. I didn't bother asking for specifics in my email because for me it wouldn't really change the outcome.

Hope this helps.

Topaz

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
September 1 2009, 5:58 PM

Might it not be cheaper to simply rub some Yohimbe extract into fatty areas (cellulite in my case), perhaps using aloe as a base? A person could even add some strong coffee if they wanted caffeine in the mix as well...

chinky_marie
(Login chinky_marie)
September 2 2009, 4:16 AM

Well geez. . . sounds like that alternative would be a bit safer too if it's getting banned in other countries. But how could a topical product affect anything but what it is applied to?? I'm guessing it's like Wahaika said- it gets absorbed into the bloodstream. So does that mean it's not really safe? Is it even FDA approved? If I remember correctly, in the fine print at the bottom of yohimburn.com it only says that the claim and statements made on the page aren't FDA approved. . .

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
September 2 2009, 5:03 AM

It doesn't have to be FDA approved to be safe. Getting into the bloodstream does not make it unsafe.

But as I said in the other thread I don't recommend doing your own concoction but if you do, start out with very small dilutions and be extreeeeeeeemly careful.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon