Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pueraria mirifica capsules - cream?

Question 

Hi,
I took Pueraria Mirifica for several weeks.
I noticed my tummy became somewhat bigger than usual and nothing happened to my breasts, so I stopped. My tummy seems less big now.
But I was considering buying a Pueraria mirifica cream, to apply only on my breasts.
I wonder though, could I use the powder in my capsules for this? Adding it to a cream or something? So it won't be a waste and I don't have to buy a new cream
Thanks in advance if you reply Smile

Hmm.. I don't really see a problem with using the powder, a lot of people do that with fenugreek powder so it seems like it would be okay. If I am wrong though, someone please correct me.

I was thinking of buying PM powder for that exact reason. To add into a lotion. I never got any clear answers. Idk if it would be able to be absorbed well. Please get back to me if you find anything out. In the mean time im just going to buy the cream. Its so damn expensive though :/

I would expect a liquid extract would be better for this. I'm not sure what carriers would be necessary. Anyone have one of the pre-made creams handy to read out the ingredients?

It'd be nifty if we could just mix PM with PC...

(12-10-2012, 02:14 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I would expect a liquid extract would be better for this. I'm not sure what carriers would be necessary. Anyone have one of the pre-made creams handy to read out the ingredients?

It'd be nifty if we could just mix PM with PC...

Personally I doubt it would be very effective - you really need to get the active ingredient out of the raw dried powder first, and then add that to the cream, otherwise most of what you are putting on your skin will be starch and all the other components of a plant root! Effectively all you are going to be doing is spread a dry powder across the skin and use a cream to glue it there until it all wipes off on to your clothing. Plus of course you also have absolutely no idea how much of the active ingredients, if any, will really be absorbed.
The final clincher for me is that there is scientific evidence that PM works better if ingested since the liver converts miroestrol to the more potent deoxy-miroestrol, so why waste it putting it on your skin?

(12-10-2012, 07:11 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  Personally I doubt it would be very effective - you really need to get the active ingredient out of the raw dried powder first,

Exactly why I said a liquid extract would be better. Both Ainterol and St.Herb sells liquid extracts in propylene glycol. Both actually state in advertising that it can be used for mixing into creams and lotions. St.Herb in fact ONLY states for it to be used that way and not internally.

(12-10-2012, 07:11 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  and then add that to the cream, otherwise most of what you are putting on your skin will be starch and all the other components of a plant root! Effectively all you are going to be doing is spread a dry powder across the skin and use a cream to glue it there until it all wipes off on to your clothing. Plus of course you also have absolutely no idea how much of the active ingredients, if any, will really be absorbed.

Yeah... If you use the powder straight or from the capsules, I agree this is what would happen.

(12-10-2012, 07:11 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  The final clincher for me is that there is scientific evidence that PM works better if ingested since the liver converts miroestrol to the more potent deoxy-miroestrol, so why waste it putting it on your skin?

Yes. But some people don't want systemic effects, and some people might want to further enhance effects in the breast area without going systemic with the additional dose. There is PRACTICAL evidence that these topical creams do WORK, and I suspect it'd be a lot cheaper to mix a few drops of extract with a 4oz PC tub than to buy the pre-made creams. Or some other reasonable but cheap carrier cream. It may not be AS EFFECTIVE as internally ingested, but that's not what the users would be after anyways. They DON'T want full systemic effects of estrogen.

Personally, I doubt I'd add it, I don't care about going full systemic with as much estrogens as I can pump in. But I'm not everyone.

Hm, that makes sense. I think I will buy a liquid extract then.
I just don't want to risk gaining weight on other places than the breasts. Thanks for the answers!
I saw this post however: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11295

(12-10-2012, 12:15 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  There is PRACTICAL evidence that these topical creams do WORK,
PM cream did absolutely nothing at all for me, but of as we always say everyone is different.

(12-10-2012, 12:15 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  and I suspect it'd be a lot cheaper to mix a few drops of extract with a 4oz PC tub than to buy the pre-made creams. Or some other reasonable but cheap carrier cream. It may not be AS EFFECTIVE as internally ingested, but that's not what the users would be after anyways. They DON'T want full systemic effects of estrogen.

Depends on the definition of 'cheap' I guess. Doing something like adding an unquantifiable 'few drops' to something that you don't have any idea if it will really carry some or all of it through the skin and if it does is less potent anyway...

I don't see how you can separate cost and effectiveness in this context.

I recently tried mixing the powder from some pm capsules into flax seed oil and the pm powder never really disolved. The powder stays very grainy if you try to rub it on your skin.

[/quote]

Depends on the definition of 'cheap' I guess. Doing something like adding an unquantifiable 'few drops' to something that you don't have any idea if it will really carry some or all of it through the skin and if it does is less potent anyway...

I don't see how you can separate cost and effectiveness in this context.

[/quote]

DMSO and food grade liquid extract seem like a good combination to make sure that something actually gets through the skin. In that case, she would actually need to dose it like it's being taken internally, since there's even a chance that every last bit of the extract will get through.

DMSO has to be applied in very small amounts, immediately after a shower, and you can't use any lotions and such at the same time, unless you're sure that their ingredients belong in your bloodstream. I know that DMSO can't really carry anything through the the skin, but carries most things through so well that you have to act as though everything will get through. When my ro-bust runs out, I'm going to buy extract myself to mix with the DMSO I already have.

It's worth pointing out that Ginnie got the last part of her growth from topicals alone (PM and PC). I suppose that doesn't rule out the possibility that it was only the PC that made a difference at that point in her program, but the opposite could also be true.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon