Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How much fenugreek

How much fenugreek
August 24 2007 at 12:26 AM raleighzia (Login raleighzia)

How many mcg of fenugreek is needed for breast enhancement when it is used alone and for what amount of time. I realize that the time span when using soley herb is very long but I would just like an idea.

Author Reply
momXseven
(Login momXseven)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: fenugreek
August 24 2007, 2:19 AM

Everyone is different, I take 500mg (mg not mcg) 3 times a day (plus a lot of other herbs). As far as how long it should take to see growth, there's no way to answer this. You may never grow from this or you could see a lot of growth in just a month or 2. I had wonder growth my 1st 2 months and am taking a lot of herbs but a lot of the others here that don't see any growth for months.

Maybe someone that has tried fenugreek only will reply soon.

Lisa121
(no login) Re: fenugreek
August 24 2007, 5:18 PM

Hi there, Fenugreek alone is unlikely to work very well. You should probably take between 1.800 and a maximum of 3.000 mg a day, but should ramp up slowly and over months to see what works. I would start with the 1.800 mg and keep at that for two to three months, if you feel tingles, pains etc. stick to that dosage at first.

You should really take an anti androgenic herb with this though.
You could drink two cups of spearmint tea a day on five days during the first half of your cycle, that could do the trick already, and isn't too compliacted or takes too much time or effort as it is only during such a short time once a month.
Otherwise taking Saw Palmetto or Nettle root extract together with Fenugreek is the common route.
I would really recommend combining the Fenugreek with one of those, many have grown well with this combination. Otherwise you will just be pumping your body full with phytoestrogens, which on their own don't necessarily lead to growth.

Lost Sheep
September 22 2007, 6:14 PM

hi im despertatley looking too try and increase my boob size and want too do it naturally what herbs should i take and how often just until they increase? or do you have too carry on using the herbs many thank

P H
(Login Babyboob) Lisa?
September 23 2007, 8:24 AM

Hi, Lisa

Do you mean to drink the spearmint tea only on the first 5 days of your cycle, i.e. to start drinking the tea when the period comes on the first day and drink it for 5 days? I drank this tea last month for like 2 weeks in a row but I did not follow this rule to drink it when my period comes. So, it doesn't help? I now stop drinking it because I am drinking protein shake and don't have much space in my stomach to accommodate the tea. I might drink it again, as my period will come within a few days. Please give me some advice and thanks in advance for your input.

PH

Lisa121
September 23 2007, 10:45 AM

Hi P H, I just looked at what the study said. They had women with high androgen levels and tested the tea on them. Results showed that drinking the tea twice daily on only five days of the first half (follicular phase) of their cycle helped reduce free testosterone. Here is a link so you can read up on it if you like.

http://www.raysahelian.com/hirsutism.html

I am not sure, but I would think it should work at other parts of your cycle too, so I don't think it was all for nothing when you drank it. I don't see how it should only work in the follicular phase, it may be that it is just more potent then, really have no idea, but there seems to be some kind of correlation as they done tests with licorice at the same time of the cycle too.
I personally wanted tp try and drink the tea for five days within the first two weeks of my cycle just because it would be easier not drinking it all month and that study showed that would be enough. I ould drink it either when I just started my period or when it stops, so I could keep track.
I don't think there would be any harm in drinking it throughout your cycle, although it may be good to have a break for a week or a few days or so every month.
Just now I am drinking milk thistle teas twice a day and started putting some spearmint tea in with it yesterday because I have the leaves anyway. I am just before my period and am just doing what is convenient for me at the moment. I thought I would try this just now as my androgens are pretty high at the moment and I just want to get them down quickly.
I hope this helped, let me know how you get on with it and if you feel t works for you.
Take care,
Lisa

fenugreek dosage
May 30 2007 at 8:06 PM sammie (no login)

hi all,

on the nature's way fenugreek bottle, it says that we should take 2 capsules a day. For how long should we take this herb and is the result permanent after we stop. Does the dosage change after a certain period of time? Thank you.

-sammie-

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: fenugreek dosage
May 31 2007, 8:19 PM

The dosage of herbs given on bottle labels is not designed for natural breast enhancement purposes.

Lost Sheep
(Login skyley)
June 1 2007, 2:17 PM

what is the usual dosage that people take for NBE

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 1 2007, 2:40 PM

Usually starts at about 1500mgs daily for breast enhancement. I have seen some girls take as much as 4000mgs daily, however this is where the ramping method comes into play. Start low and as you progress through your routine over the months you will ramp up amounts of each herb as needed. Fenugreek can lower blood sugars, be aware of the signs, headaches, body weakness, blurred vision, muscle aches, overll body fatique. if this happens with fenugreek, fennel can be subbed. Not alot of people will be effected by low blood sugar, but it can just make you alittle more tired than usual.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 1 2007, 3:25 PM

Hey Skyley, cause your new to this, you should really go to the MAIN MENU, and find the program pages. Look up Surf's program, Amber's, Christina's, MK3's, Tender Ta Tas's, find older programs, have the basics for NBE and these girls have generally maintained what they grew. The longer the program, the better the chances of growth being permenate. 3-6 months usually disappear after a few cycles. Fenugreek, wild yam, fennel, saw palmetto or stinging nettles is always the basic of programs. Because you have already responded to sp after 6 days, your system is fresh and you should have fairly good luck, don't overload on too many herbs at one time, your system will bog down and growth will stall. Pick 3 or 4 herbs, start low doses and ramp, about month after month. Pick one good oil, borage has shown good results and good luck. Saw Palmetto may gain weight, if so for you, use stinging nettles instead. remember your system is fresh, you may have the best luck with just fenugreek, Sp and borage.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 1 2007, 3:29 PM

Sorry girls got my threads mixed up, the above message is for Skyley and Sammie.

Andrea
(Login skyley)
June 1 2007, 4:11 PM

Thanks so much snowflake. How much of the borage should I take?

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
June 1 2007, 5:11 PM

Hey Skyley, I had a look at Christina's pp page and she was taking 2 caps a day, 1300mgs each cap, so that was 2600mgs daily. She had amazing results with her program and it was so simple and I think her first try at NBE. My first try with NBE the results were the best I ever have had. just had trouble with the fenugreek and low blood sugar for me. So I wish you luck and hoping your first try is sucessful, I think after several trys with NBE we get bogged down with herbs and nothing works, so keep it simple and good luck!

shil0
(no login)
June 2 2007, 1:12 AM

I got a response from someone at Vortex Health that Wonderup only has about 450 mg of Fenugreek in a daily dose. This is supposed to be a good product, but isn't that too little a dosage of Fenugreek since some are saying about 1500 mg would probably be ideal?

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
June 2 2007, 7:45 AM

The 450mg a day mentioned by Vortex Health would be about perfect, as the fenugreek in Wonderup is a 4:1 extract and is therefore equivalent to 1800mg daily.

Lonely Sheep
(no login)
jelly's programme
June 2 2007, 10:48 AM

jelly also used fenugreek and borage etc.... she did so well with her growth went at least 2 to 3 cup sizes..... I hope she is ok now. I miss her.

sammmie
(no login)
June 2 2007, 9:10 PM

hi goldsnowflake. you said that i should take at least 1500mg of fenugreek for dosage. did you mean at least 1500mg each time? i'm using nature's way fenugreek right now and the bottle says to take 2 capsules 2-3 times daily. can you clarify what you wrote? thank you so much

Shil0
(no login)
June 3 2007, 10:59 AM

Ah I see Mollie. Thanks for clarifying. I'm starting my 2nd month of Wonderup . . . and just being patient. I wear a 34A but I really think I'm probably an AA, because I don't fill out a full A. I would be happy with just filling out my A bras. I would feel like I've climbed a mountain =) A B-cup would be like I walked on the moon =P

Wahaika - amt of fenugreek
May 18 2009 at 3:05 AM LisaGirl (Login LisaGirl)

Hi Wahaika - a question please on the amount of fenugreek.

I saw your response to someone else regarding the dosage of fenugreek... you said

"I think that for your size (age? height? weight?) that 2000 to 3000mg per day spread out, is about the right dosage if you have already had children. If not, keep it closer to 2000."

... can you tell me why it matters if you have already had children or not? I have not (am 37 - still hoping to have one someday).

Also, I am overweight - probably over 175lbs - but that does not mean I have big boobies :-( I am wondering what dosage of fenugreek to take.
Currently I am taking fenugreek - 6 pills a day (610 mg each) - which is 3660mg plus WU (so whatever is added from that). Is this TOO much? should I take more since I am a large frame/overweight?

Thanks in advance -

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
Re: Wahaika - amt of fenugreek
May 19 2009, 4:12 PM

Hello LisaGirl,

Here are the answers to your questions as I understand it (meaning I could be wrong but I don't think so).

>>"... can you tell me why it matters if you have already had children or not? I have not (am 37 - still hoping to have one someday)."

There are two facts that relate to your question.

1. Breast development is not considered complete until after a pregnancy and breastfeeding.

2. Nobody on the planet knows how breast development occurs in terms of specific steps.

Once women have gone through pregnancy and lactation, the natural enlargement and development is complete. Therefore all one would have to do is to rebuild what was already there at one time. This is easier than trying to initiate it with herbs or even with prescription hormones. For women who have breastfed, it is just a matter of rebuilding, or refilling, what was already there.

Not to say that breast development cannot occur up to the point of what would be natural pre-pregnancy full development. Someone who is in the years that growth hormone is still high (before late 20'a) could pull it off with the right program.

>>"Also, I am overweight - probably over 175lbs - but that does not mean I have big boobies :-( I am wondering what dosage of fenugreek to take.
Currently I am taking fenugreek - 6 pills a day (610 mg each) - which is 3660mg plus WU (so whatever is added from that). Is this TOO much? should I take more since I am a large frame/overweight?"

Body fat is one of those things that makes NBE harder because of the way that herbs work. There are a few rules that I follow when trying to understand it:

1. As a health mechanism, the body as a priority order for fat distribution and management. The body will put fat on muscle first/organs last, and take the fat off organs first/muscle last. Have you ever heard women complain about trying to lose weight and it comes off the breasts first? This is why.

2. Herbs bind weakly to receptors. Therefore if one body part has more receptor sites than another body part, the first body part will have more effect than the second body part. Using estrogen as an example, if the butt has more fat than the stomach, the butt gets bigger faster when taking estrogenic herbs.

The herbs that are phytoestrogens such as fenugreek work by "binding weakly" to estrogen receptors. The places on women's bodies that have cells with estrogen receptors are breasts, stomach, back, hips, thighs, all the places that give women the curvy figure characteristics. The more cells that exist, the more they are absorbed to those places.

If we put those two rules together, what do we get as far as NBE is concerned?

We get general conditions that range from best for NBE to worse for NBE. Those who are generally overweight and those who are generally underweight will not do as well as those who are somewhere in the middle. If one is over or under weight, then they have to compensate in other ways in order to raise their chances of success in NBE. For some, this means putting on a little weight, for others, it means taking off some body weight. It is all part of an NBE program every bit as much as taking the right combination of herbs. While the focus of the effort is the breasts, the entire body needs to be taken into account. This also is why NBE Rule #1 is to be healthy before starting.

In answer to the dosage part of the question, I think that the best thing you could do is to first get your body into a condition where it is at the weight that you think it should be, and taking internals is not enough control over where they go at this time.

I think that massaging herbs directly would be more effective than taking internals. This is because your overweight condition is taking up all of what you are now taking internally. The logical thing to do, as you are probably seeing no effect, is to raise the dosage. But the reason you are probably seeing no effect is because your body is absorbing the herbs everywhere which is slowly making the overweight condition worse but maybe not at a noticable rate right now. If you raise your dosage to a point where it makes noticable changes, I think you would find that the changes are body wide and would make the overweight condition worse. And estrogenic fat is far harder to lose than insulin placed fat. Therefore if you are going to do anything, massaging the herbs in externally seems a better and more direct approach than taking internals at this time.

Does this make sense?

Wahaika

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
May 19 2009, 4:44 PM

Wahaika - But we can sometimes hear from girls who were successful with NBE that it also made them lose tummy and fat in other places. Why would that be? I always had the impression that tummy fat and small breasts often come together. Albeit just tummy fat and still a slim figure all over. Is that sort of figure characteristic of estrgen defficiency maybe?

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
May 19 2009, 4:57 PM

Hello Moon, It could be. It could also be a lifestyle characteristic (like a starchy diet and little exercise) and it could also be estrogen dominance but with a genetic code that started out with a bigger stomach. I have never noticed that tummy fat and small breasts go together, but now that you mention it, I think you're right.

I think that those who lose tummy fat would not be considered in the overweight category and were probably doing some kind of exercise as part of/at the same time as their BE program - but not to lose fat rapidly. Rapid weight loss also results in depletion of breast fat first.

LisaGirl
(Login LisaGirl)
May 19 2009, 7:12 PM

Thank you Wahaika (and Moon) for your responses. I guess I am 'abnormal' then - ha ha. I have always heard of others losing weight or gaining weight in their boobs first; however, this has never happened to me. I have been heavier than I am now and I have weighed quite a bit less but my boobs have always been about the same. I know this is not 'typical' but it is true for me.
Also, quite strangely, I have been having good results so far with NBE. As mentioned - I am only taking WU and fenugreek at this time. I massage with cocoa butter and PM... and sometimes with WU cream. So far (in about 6-8 weeks) I have gained about an inch - actually I was measuring 1.25 inches today... so I am quite pleased.

Regarding Moons comment about belly fat, etc., I have actually noticed that I am SMALLER around my torso and belly since starting NBE. It may be something to do with the way I massage and try to 'move' that extra fat upwards to my breast or how I try to bring it around from my back/armpit area ... I am not sure ... but even my 'under breast' measurement has gone down while my breasts measurement has gone up!
The reason for the fat loss in my mid-section may also be that I have been exercising on a rebounder quite a bit lately. (For those that don't know, rebounding is very beneficial for health and absolutely wonderful for flushing out the lymphatic system. Google 'benefits of rebounding' for more).

So, while my boobs have been growing, my stomach/torso and even legs have been reducing and even toning up! Needless to say I am very excited!!

Again, I appreciate your response - and what you say makes perfect sense... even though that is not what I am experiencing. I guess my main concern was that I didn't want to somehow be taking TOO MUCH Fenugreek - something that could harm me - especially if I still want to become pregnant sometime in the near future. So as long as that is not the case, I assume I am okay with my plan the way it is now.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
May 19 2009, 9:47 PM

Lisagirl, I am glad that it is working out for you. 1.25 inches in 6 to 8 weeks is a really GOOD response. It looks like you are already doing the right things and it is working. Good luck!!

Fenugreek Extract
March 23 2006 at 4:16 PM
Janie (Login jpeters2)

I've just received my Fenugreek extract to replce the Fenugreek capsule I add to my massage batter. How much should I use? It says 20 drops is equivalent to 250mg of the dried herb

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Fenugreek Extract
March 23 2006, 4:41 PM

I think people usually just add one dropper to their lotion, I think about 2 tbsp of lotion or oil? Not completely sure but if I was you I would just start with the one and see how you get on.
Take care,
Lisa

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Fenugreek
March 23 2006, 4:53 PM

Janie

When I used the fenugreek extract I added one dropper full to my lotion.
You may just have to experiment a little with how much lotion to use to get you through the whole massage.

At first I used a tablespoon of lotion and 1 dropper fenugreek. I had tons left over when I was finished, so I did and extra long massage to use it all up.

The next time I made my batter I didnt measure the lotion, I just put into a bowl what I thought looked right (about the size of a quarter or half dollar) that time I used it all up and had no runny mess.

But basiclly I think adding a full dropper of it would be fine.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
A few tips
March 23 2006, 5:04 PM

One other thing you prolly already know this but that fenugreek extract is 100xs stronger smelling than the capsules. I used it for 3 days in massage and was mortified when my boss said "I smell syrup" I couldnt smell it on myself to bad, but others really can.

And the smell is SO hard to almost impossible to wash off-let alone to cover up. I dont want to try and discourage you, its great stuff if you can deal with smelling like Aunt Jemimma!..lol

Anyhow, I read this tip and it does work a little so I thought I would pass it along. I would recommend useing latex gloves to rub the fenugreek batter in with because no matter how much I washed my hands the smell was ALWAYS there. But here is the tip I found: if you need to get the smell of your hands pour some coffee grounds (dry ones) into your hands and "wash" your hands in it. Then after that use soap and water, and it helps get rid of some that smell. Smile

I hope you dont get embarrassed by using it and someone thinks you smell like a pancake..lol I am not going to use it everyday any more, maybe not at all cause the smell just seems to "soak in" and never go away, I am a little bummed because I paid 11.50 for a small 1 ounce thing of it. I think I may still use what I have up, but certainlly not everyday and only at night..lol

I hope it works well for you! Smile

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
March 23 2006, 6:32 PM

There are many different Fenugreek extracts out there. Below are just 2 examples that I ran across when trying to figure out what to order myself.

Greenbush Fenugreek seed extract

Our pure fenugreek extract in an extra value four ounce size. Full medicinal strength (1ml = 1000mg). 240 average doses per 4 ounce bottle. Bio-chelated* and Holistically balanced to preserve herb characteristics. Pure Alcohol Free Extract. Herb Strength 1:1. (take 1/8 teaspoon, 3 x daily)
*Greenbush Bio-Chelated Extracts: Alcohol-free, full medicinal potency (1ml = 1000mg), 2 to 3 times the strength of the average herbal extract.

Fenugreek, Eclectic Institute,
(Shake well before using) Mix 15-30 drops in warm water and take this tea 1-3 times daily. Discontinue use if unusual symptoms occur. Consult your health care advisor regarding the use of herbs during pregnancy, with infants or with prescription drugs. Keep out of the reach of children.
Ingredients: Dried, ORGANIC Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum ) seed. Organic grape alcohol content: 65%. Filtered water. Dry Herb Strength 1:4.

Notice the different Herb Strength!!!!!!! I ended up ordering the Greenbush Fenugreek. I only use 1/8 teaspoon (and EPO) for my massages (3 times a day). I realize that I didn't answer your question. I guess that I'm just trying to let you know that dosages can vary depending on what you have.

Janie
(Login jpeters2)
March 23 2006, 9:33 PM

It says 20 drops is equal to 250 mg dries herb. Strength 1:3 45% alcohol ... 40 drops to be mixed with a small amt water 3 times a day if ingested ... I wish it would say haw many drops to a ml. Oh well, trial and error I suppose. There's 100mls in the bottle. I got it from homeherbs.com

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
March 24 2006, 3:48 AM

Janine (hope thats right)
I think I got the same fenugreek extract as you. got my from homherbs.com too. I usually add like 3/4 of a dropper to my lotion, because when I did 1 full dropper the first time, it was really runny. However I guess it depends on what you use as a base too.

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
March 24 2006, 3:49 AM

Sorry Janie, I got your name wrong

Janie
(Login jpeters2)
Sherri
March 24 2006, 8:55 AM

Hi Sherri ... it's Ok about the name :-) I tried it last night and added 40 drops (equivalent to 500mg fenugreek) to a dash of emu oil and 2 capsules of EPO (100mg) it was runny, but no more than the emu oil and I was able to massage the chi massage and for about 5 minutes afterwards with a gentle massage to absorb it. (I don't have a heat pad) It didn't smell too bad.

I then did a gentle massage with cocoa butter (very gentle)as i love the smell plus also over my upper body and legs & thighs as it gets the circulation going there! .. reducing cellulite hopefully and finished off with a drop of vit E cream on the boobs. They feel so smooth and soft this morning !!:-)

alcohol free fenugreek tincture??
October 15 2006 at 6:43 PM indianna22 (Login indiana22)

I am interested in buying a fenugreek tincture to add to cocoa butter for massage. Does anyone know how fenugreek tincture equates to the whole herb, so I know how much I'm using of it?

I have found some on the internet, however most contain alcohol. Is it detrimental to massage alcohol onto the breast? There is one alcohol free one I have found from greenbush, but because I live in the uk you need to spend over $50 on products to have them ship it over. Does anyone know where I can buy alcohol free tincture in the uk? Or should I just go ahead and buy the one with alcohol in it? Need help!!

Daisy
(no login)
Re: alcohol free fenugreek tincture??
October 16 2006, 7:44 AM

Many medical swabs and wipes contain alcohol, so I don't think alcohol can be bad for the skin. An ordinary first aid kit can contain alcoholic wipes and sometimes rubbing alcohol to cool and disinfect the skin.

yvonne03
(Login yvonne03)
October 16 2006, 3:40 PM

the only thing i really know about alcohol is that is dries things out.

i would personally avoid products with alcohol because i have dry skin and like to keep as much moisture in as possible.

Julie
(Login dizzy19)
October 17 2006, 5:55 PM

Go to greenbush.net

They are pretty inexpensive too.

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
October 17 2006, 6:33 PM

Hi indianna22 Smile

I found it very difficult to find ready-made alcohol-free tinctures in the UK, the only one I had managed to find as well was from greenbush (far too expensive option for me due to the shipment issues).

I have used the following from Baldwins (excellent price, good service, you need to register with the extra bonus of receiving a free gift - which in my case was a lovely lavender &geranium bath oil!):

http://www.baldwins.co.uk/Herbal-Tinctur...e/6584/453

I have used it plenty of times on my skin, mixed in my boobie lotion, with absolutely no problem. The same shop also has alcohol-free fluid extracts (including saw palmetto, milk thistle, nettle) but fenugreek is unfortunately not one of them.

In general, active ingredients of herbs are most commonly extracted in an alcohol/water solution. Alcohol helps give extracts a long shelf-life and this is why it is the most popular extractant for use with herbs. The amount of alcohol contained can be reduced/evaporated if you want though, by adding some of the tincture to boiling water.

Best Boobie Wishes,

Helen xx

Eva
(Login Eva Valen)
EVE MEMBERS
October 18 2006, 4:10 PM

I can only speak for the specific tincture I'm using, but it says on the label that a teaspoon of tincture is equivalent to 4 teaspoons of dried fenugreek and 4 tablespoons of fresh fenugreek.

It also says to take 30 - 90 drops (1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons) under the tongue up to three times a day.

Commenting on the original question:

I take 1220 mg. (2 capsules) three times a day. I also take 1160 mg (2 capsules) of saw palmetto once in the morning, and 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil once a day. Daily massage is also part of my program.

I was taking the fenugreek dosage four times a day, but seemed to do better cutting back to three rounds. Everyone is different, so I think it may be trail and error. Also, the lesser dose may have worked better since I am a small guy (5'2", 140 lbs).

I have had tremendous progress with staying on just this for one year. There have also been no other side effects and it may have even boosted my libido!

Joey

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon