Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Anyone taking Gelatin in capsule form?

Anyone taking Gelatin in capsule form?
August 15 2007 at 8:56 PM
kieyah (Login kieyah)

...with any results to report?
any opinions if this will work the same as the chicken feet soup type recipes?

Author Reply
jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anyone taking Gelatin in capsule form?
August 15 2007, 11:16 PM

I take gelatine straight out of the packet !!!! not sure about boob growth really but it does wonders for fine lines and wrinkles 1!!! thats been my personal exp love jellyDeeeee.....

Firefly
(Login FireflyGirl)
August 16 2007, 6:51 AM

I took the gelatin capsules for 3 months (2,600 mg per day), and they didn't seem to help. But once I started eating the chicken feet soup about a month ago, I noticed growth within a couple of days. It's almost as if the gelatin has to be heated in order to take effect. If you don't think you can do the chicken feet soup, you can just buy some gelatin packets and pour these into some other kind of soup and heat it up. For the past week or so, I've started adding Knox gelatin packets to my soup (1/2 packet per bowl), and I think it's making even more of a difference than the soup alone. Especially considering that gelatin packets are so cheap, and they are pretty much tasteless, I think it would be worth trying.

~ Firefly ~

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
August 16 2007, 11:00 AM

I believe that commercial gelatin is produced using a LOT of heat, and that processing would likely denature certain proteins (MSG forms too). Because homemade chicken feet soup *might* be less heated and/or processed than gelatin in supplements, there would be less denaturing. Also, there may be other nutrients in the soup that contribute to the effectiveness. Things seem to work synergistically. Often food sources are better than supplements when it comes to things like this, I have found.

I actually get MSG related headaches if I consume homemade broth that has been simmered for longer than 3 hours. 'Real' classically made stocks are long-simmered so enough gelatin can be produced. Chicken stock needs far less cook time than beef-based stock due to the density of the bones. My reaction is a bit extreme (MSG), yet my sensitivities led me to look into these things more. Smile

Anyway, just speculations based on what I've learned so far. I haven't researched this recently, so I welcome corrections!

This message has been edited by Lillea on Aug 16, 2007 9:18 PM
This message has been edited by Lillea on Aug 16, 2007 11:03 AM

Dogfreak
(Login dogfreak) Gelatin side effects etc..?
August 17 2007, 1:02 PM

ANy known side effects or causing illness like cancer or whatsoever unplesant illness for prolonged use?

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
August 17 2007, 3:22 PM

well I know the gelatin capsules are supposed to be good for the hair and nails to make them grow strong. so thought it would work the same as the soups. does this mean the powdered gelatin (like that used for jello and such) woudl also be ineffective for nbe? is it the same as gelatin capsules? I will continue to take the capsules anyway for the healthy hair, skin and nails effect. So maybe I will just be the geniea pig for this theory. I am also gonna try pig feet/hocks soup for a few days and see if it does anything.

Dogfreak
(Login dogfreak) To Jellyboobs: Gelatin
August 18 2007, 4:06 AM

Jellyboobs: what is the brandname of your consumed gelatin? How frequent do u take gelatin? it reallt does wonders for wrinkles? Tats great! How long after do u start to see results?

Mk3
(Login MyKids3)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Anyone taking Gelatin in capsule form?
August 21 2007, 3:01 PM

Hey,Jelly,how ya doing? I was just wondering about how you use gelatin for the fine lines and wrinkles.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon